5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected
Published on 1 Nov 2005 by Mr. Philip Hackett

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice collection of club classics by The Jaxx....
Brilliant collection with most for their hits (up to mid 2007) on it, and containing lots of bits that have been used in adverts and on the TV shows such as 'Dancing with the Star's etc'.
Published on 27 Oct 2007 by Mr. Philip Harkins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected, 1 Nov 2005
Mr. Philip Hackett (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
I'd borrowed an Basement Jaxx CD (Remedy) off a friend previously and was a little dissapointed. It was wonderously experimental, but not necessarily very listenable. This singles collection is a whole different ball-game, though. The first CD is just end to end brilliant tracks - there probably isn't a duffer on there, and while there's a fair bit of experimental stuff in there, it all works an absolute treat. The second CD is perhaps a little less outstanding, but still has some great stuff on it. If you've heard a few of their singles and liked them, then I reckon you'll like this a whole lot, and if you're into some-what off the wall dance music, then you'll be well at home. For the money, it's an absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never knew Basement Jaxx did all these songs!, 29 Mar 2005
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
I had heard of about 5 of the songs on here and I loved them, so I decided to buy it on the strength of those. I'm really glad I did. I soon recognised some of the other songs, such as Lucky Star (feat. Dizzee Rascal - he makes anything sound amazing), Bingo Bango, and Do Your Thing, which I think was on some kind of commercial.
I would rate the songs as follows:
Red Alert - one of my all time favourites - 10/10
Do Your Thing - I hadn't heard this for ages - 9/10
Jus 1 Kiss - 7/10
Flylife - 7/10
Samba Magic - 7/10
I feel that the album starts to lose its way with the last six tracks (except for Do Your Thing), but maybe it's because I haven't heard any of them before, and I'm sure they will grow on me.
Overall, an excellent album with loads of great songs that you should definitely go out and buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 30 Jun 2005
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
This hasn't been out of my cd player since I bought it. Very very catchy, and a good variety of songs. Some I don't enjoy as much as others (lucky star), but some I love (plug it in)!
Excellent if you're a dance music fan & essential if you love Basement Jaxx!

4.0 out of 5 stars Party Time, 15 April 2005
IWFIcon - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
I really don't have enough dance tunes in my collection so the release of this compilation came at just about the right time for me. And what a corker it is too. The Jaxx have been churning out top-quality tunes for ages, but have never really quite grabbed me enough to purchase a studio album. This however is the perfect compromise.<"Red Alert" is a funky stomper, "Where's Your Head At?" is funk-punk at it's best (if indeed that is even a genre of music at all) but my pick of the pack is the delightful "Romeo". A song so good that the Beckham's decided to name their daughter after it. Or perhaps not.
Other trakcs don't quite hit these heights, but all offer something different, and take on different styles, which is always a welcome feature of dance collections. New single "Oh My Gosh" is quite a grower too.
So all in all, this does exactly what is says it will do. It collects the Basement Jaxx singles in one handy collection, and proves that they are well worth a listen. Now let's all get on that dancefloor.

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice collection of club classics by The Jaxx...., 27 Oct 2007
Mr. Philip Harkins "If in doubt, Smile! :-)" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
In addition, it contains some excellent 'Get up and go' music for those long dark winter mornings when you need to get out of bed and go to work: You will be dancing while you make the toast with this lot on your CD player! Basically, a must have for every CD collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars great music, 21 July 2013
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
I have really enjoy listening to this album in the car, some great tunes on it. easy listening to bob your head to!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Red alert!, 11 May 2009
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
Arguably the best exponents of House music from the mid 90s to the early Noughties, Jaxx's Singles collection doesn't have a dud on it. Best track 'Red Alert' featured in hit film 'Bend it like Beckham'.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't realise they had so many hits!, 22 Oct 2005
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
Fantastic album. Great for listening to in the car or before a night out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm going to wear it out!, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Singles (MP3 Download)
Brilliant album from a duo well ahead of their time. Had this on a loop for days and getting more out of the tunes than I did originally.

5.0 out of 5 stars You know when you just HAVE to?, 11 Jan 2014
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Singles (MP3 Download)
I have always loved B.J. The songs on the album are the shorts, but it's better having these than having none of them! All my big faves are on here, plus a few I haven't heard. Really looking forward to playing this little lot! It's one of those albums I've been promising myself for some time. Today, I just couldn't wait any longer and had to have it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›