5.0 out of 5 stars So many years, so many years.
Published 11 months ago by Hugh Rogers

3.0 out of 5 stars If only the diction was better
Published on 4 Sep 2009 by J. Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars So many years, so many years., 14 Sep 2013
For years and years I have been looking for this. Oh I tried all the big-boys, and they weren't even able to order it ! Such is life. And then I got this Internet thing, and guess what I found. There must be a catch I though as I tentatively placed my order on the Internet. So many scary stories abounded as I recalled what MIGHT go wrong. But they didn't, it arrived, and I greedily clamped my headphones on and wallowed in it. Reading the booklet over and over again, so as not to miss every inflection, every word, brill. But then I am a bit biased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carmen My favourite opera, 19 May 2014
This is Great music. I Just wish it was easier to hear what the singers were saying. As it is in English.

3.0 out of 5 stars If only the diction was better, 4 Sep 2009
J. Slate "JanSlate" (UK) - See all my reviews
I was really excited that I had found this recording of Carmen sung in English, I am an Amatuer Dramatic member and we are rehearsing Carmen for a production early in 2010 so needed to get familiar with the music, I find it is an easy way to learn the words etc. But it is disappointing with this CD that the diction is very poor and it is difficult to hear the words. However, the booklet that comes with the double CD is very good and prints most of the words so you can work it out for yourself in the end, but not easy when when you are driving a car at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carmen fails to shine, 12 Aug 2014
Although an orchestrally brilliant recording, it is, at times, difficult to hear the words clearly. At times the performers seem to be almost whispering their lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carmen CD Review, 19 Feb 2009
Trevor JJones (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this CD for my wife as a Christmas present. She is very pleased with it so I have to say it has been a success.

Bizet: Carmen (Sung In English)
Buy MP3 Album14.98