4.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD
Good music well played. Maybe an oldish re-issue but I knew this when I ordered it as a replacement for a much loved cassette.
Published 22 months ago by kenneth

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly disappointed
Published 22 months ago by A. J. M. Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly disappointed, 1 Mar 2013
A. J. M. Watson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There is nothing wrong with the technical reproduction, as far as my ears were concerned, with this recording, the CD of which I received well in time and in excellent condition, but I was rather disappointed by the interpretation of Dukas' composition, which I felt was slightly pedestrain and lacking in spark. This was in contrast to the work of Saint-Saens which, ironically, was lively.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD, 23 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performances, well recorded, 6 Aug 2014
I have had these recordings on LP (MFP) for 40 years and all the family love them; indeed the original LP still sounds good. Now I have bought the same recording on CD for our grandson.
The price was low but at just under 37 minutes it is rather short measure for a CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Magic recording, 21 July 2009
D. C. Greenacre "antonio" (Deal, Kent. UK.) - See all my reviews
Dukas: The Sorcerer's Apprentice; Saint-SaŽns: Danse macabre; Rossini - Respighi: La Boutique fantasque
This was the second CD I bought for my daughter so that she could practise her Flute to it. It's got four wonderful old favourites on it. I had a great time listening to the Sorcerer's Apprentice and imagining Mickey Mouse trying to stop the buckets of water filling the cave. It's a great way of introducing children to classical music.