5.0 out of 5 stars Black Dyke Mills
As a lover of brass band music I couldn't wish for more than this album. Black Dyke Mills led by the beautifully sweet cornet
playing of Phillip McCann takes some beating. It arrived promptly and in good condition.
Published 13 months ago by Rev

2.0 out of 5 stars A mixed reaction
Published on 21 Jan. 2010 by Listener 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Dyke Mills, 3 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brass Band, 14 Mar. 2013
Great CD well worth the price paid. The music is so wonderful and enjoyable. I would recommend the CDs of The Black Dyke Mills Band to everyone who like good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Music, 4 Dec. 2009
JES_0653 (Chester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Dyke Mills Band: World's Most Beautiful Melodies - Music For Cornet (MP3 Download)
This is brass band music at its best. Through the sensitive playing of the soloists, the melodies come beautifully to the fore. So if you are looking for relaxing renditions of some favourite classics, this is an excellent album. Also the MP3 download procedure worked without any hitches for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just relax, 26 Oct. 2013
Just sit back and listen to some well played trumpet solos with brass accompaniment. Pleasant relaxing melodies to unwind to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
One of my Favourites

2.0 out of 5 stars A mixed reaction, 21 Jan. 2010
I bought this album because I wanted some brass band music and was led to it by the participation of the legendary Black Dyke Mills band. For me, this album was a disappointment. I had hoped for music to stir the blood, but instead got beautiful melodies played rather too delicately for my liking. This is very much an album of cornet playing (why did I expect otherwise?), but every track is so carefully crafted as to become soulless and almost sounds as though it is playing too slow. Lots of people will like it, but for me it is music for little old ladies - absolutely great if you liked Aled Jones as a young boy.If you want brass, try the Grimethorpe Colliery band.