Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 11 November 2010
I listened to this album after having it recommended by a friend. I have to say I like what I hear.

After several listens of the album, I still find myself hooked, and fantastic tracks such as "Lex", "Wildcat" and "Loud Pipes" have become staples in my "Bus home from College" playlist. Although these three tracks are my favourites from the album, there's not a single bad track, and lots of thought and effort has clearly been put into writing this album.

The whole record is instrumental and written by two people who split the musicianship duties. This means it's far from commercial, and if you like you music with lyrics, then this album is not for you. However, this is one of the examples I would give to prove that fantastic music can simply be music, and nothing more.

The album cycles through various styles, some of them being closer to rock in nature while some are considerably more electronic. This means that the band clearly have varied tastes, and it really shows, the instrumentation is varied enough to keep you interested throughout, unlike bands who stick to one genre; repetitiveness is not an issue with this album. Themes are repeated just the right amount of times and new things are introduced before the stage where you are bored with what you are hearing.

I recommend this album to anyone who has an open mind, diverse musical taste, or anyone who wants to listen to something different and refreshing.
on 23 November 2010
I have always loved Ratatat, but have never been able to find CDs in high street shops, so when I came across this one - I had to get it ! I love it, really cool tunes and chilled out songs (well some of them!) I will be returning to buy the last couple I need to complete my selection ! Thanks :)
on 16 June 2011
After seeing Ratatat live for the first time this year, I had to get some of their tunes onto my computer. I initiallly purchased this off iTunes, but decided that I HAD to have a real hard copy of the CD, because I love it so much!!! They've titled it Classics for a reason, I reckon...all of the tunes on this disc are 'hits' in my eyes, and I'm stoked to have this in my hot little hands now. A great CD, and this is mos def. going to be one that I hang on to for ever. Lovely. Oh - it also came to me in perfect condition and I live out side of the UK. Nice work Amazon!
on 11 July 2011
I haven't found much music like this before and highly recommend it. It's energetic, relaxing and rhythmic all in one. Great to put on while your working as there's no distracting lyrics or just turn it up loud and chill out. As I'd say with a lot of music, it's best played with lots of base to really get the feel of it. Enjoy.
on 5 January 2015
Fantastic album, I didn't even know who Ratatat were now I can't get enough of them!
on 13 October 2011
The product arrived in impeccable condition, and safely packed. It also arrived within the promised time. All in all I am happy with the purchase.