5.0 out of 5 stars Who took the ram from the ramalamadingdong?, 27 Aug. 2000
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
My friend John brought this CD round for me to have a listen to, proclaiming I would like it because I love Kenickie and Bis.
After listening to it, I punched John. Not because this CD was bad, but because Bis or Kenickie (much as it pains me to say it) would have had to have gone a long way to have produced such an accomplished, diverse LP.
From the opening track (surely the greatest opening track in the history of the world) "Deceptacon", LeTigre light up your life with their acidic, twisted rants and observations.
Like some crazed half-breed of Sleater-Kinney and early pre-poncing Kenickie, LeTigre effortlessly work their way through, from the pure adrenaline rush of "My My Metrocard" to the serene yet powerful "Slideshow at Free University".
Clever, witty, and more to the point.. brilliant to listen to. LeTigre in no uncertain terms rock.
As for John's CD. He got it back. It would have been a sin to deprive him of it. Myself, I've burnt out my first copy and so had to buy another. But hell, it was worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiny Happy Feminists!, 12 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
I argue constantly with my boyfriend about this album, i love it, he hates it. The kick off and my personal fave, deceptacon, will have u doin a disco pogo till yr nose bleeds! Admittedly the vocals are rarely in key or understandable, but tht's why you get a booklet with the words in. I heard this before i heard Bikini Kill, so Mz Hannah, well done on yr mental efforts. Hot topic is a nice namecheck, a kind of feminist 101, who's who. A magazine, or should i say fanzine, will use them all and talk about them, all because the crazy laydees knew who all these ppl are!
I used to think Eau D'Bedroom dancing was a terrible song, possibly my least fave, now it's melencholy teen angst make me look back at happy (and not so) times past. Thus this album can make you dance like a wierdo, cry like a baby and feel female empowerment even if yr male! Ranges from disco punk to electro wierdness, if you have a sense of humour and an ear for female vox, this kicks ass!

4.0 out of 5 stars go go feminists!, 5 May 2004
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
This has to be one of my fave albums. Catchy, rawkus, riot girl lyrics with the kitsch accompaniment of keyboard tunes and fun sound effects. Cute, poppy, but not to be messed with! brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Riot grrl gone pop, 12 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
Ultimate riot grrl Kathleen Hanna has dispensed with the shouty rage in favour of catchy tunes, while losing none of her ideas and ideals. She still wants to teach us something, but actually possesses a stunning voice, you know, which she uses to great effect on tracks like bouncing single 'Hot Topic', which namechecks a whole host of feminist icons from across the board. The other two members of the band ably back her in vocals and instrumentation. Buy it, it's ace.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this!, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
I love this album, for anyone who was in to the riot grrrl music scene this is a must, also check out sleater kinney, they get a mention on this album too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
I only bought it for one song, it was enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pseudo feminists..., 20 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
...no, I don't know what the fuck that means either, but that's what a heckler at a Le Tigre show I was at last year thinks of them. As for me, I think they're stunning. Kathleen Hanna can do no wrong, this is my favourite album of 1999, and a perfect way to finish off the decade. Forget "nu metal," forget manufactured boy bands, this is the future of music.

Le Tigre