on 11 February 2012
I bought this lock after being warned that theives were using bolt cutters at my local gym to break into lockers - stealing mobile phones, cash, wallet, and whatever else you have with you.

After two years service I finally got the opportunity to test it's strength when I lost the key in the gym with my clothes inside.

Happy to announce it took two people a great deal of effort and several attempts to cut the lock with bolt cutters.

The bolt itself is hardened steel and the lock is fixed on both sides - this means instead of a single snip on one side, and the lock pops open, it took two attempts to cut it on both sides.

It won't resist a pair of industrial bolt cutters (but nothing short of military grade titanium will), but it will take about 2-3 minutes with a set of cutters.

Judging by the other reviews - it won't rust either.

Highly Recommended.
on 3 October 2010
High quality padlock... being used for outside gate... without signs of being affected by the weather... key turns... no problem...
on 1 September 2014
Firstly, I'd like to confirm that this definitely is a Master Lock 645EURD 45mm Brass Padlock with Brass Shackle. Secondly I'd like to say that after purchasing this I've never felt so secure in my entire life. I mainly use this to tie large loads together and keep my wife in the kitchen, although when I'm out and about I tend to wear it around my neck.

Now lets get down to brass tax/padlocks. It is a sturdy mechanism. Very satisfying to click shut and surprise surprise it doesn't open once it's locked. This is the clever part though, inside the packaging are two very shiny, golden coloured keys. If inserted at the right angle and rotated a sufficient amount these keys will actually open up the padlock so that it can be used again. This was the clincher for me.

If that's not enough maybe the dual-locking levers, precision pin tumbler mechanism and lifetime guarantee will help you seal the deal.

The Master Lock 645EURD has unlocked my heart and locked up my troubles!
on 12 December 2012
I use this to practise lockpicking and it's great because it's very easy to learn on, it's inexpensive, and it's very nice to hold in your hand - it's solid, grippy and weighty. I wouldn't recommend use to lock up your expensive bicycle; it's much more a padlock for a shed with nothing particularly valuable inside but which you don't want people getting into so easily. It's a solid lock and feels as if it would be difficult to break open, it's just fairly easy to pick
on 4 April 2012
Yet again another good lock from master lock. Currently used to secure my boat when unattended along with a silverline hardended steel chain. It hasn't been stolen yet so it must be good?
on 14 October 2012
We've tried a couple of locks for external use in the past but they've either been so small / fragile as to be easily defeated or have rusted up after a few weeks. This little padlock has proved to be in a different league altogether: very robust and enduring. Too many locks seem to be sold for external use when they're really only suitable for an indoor application, but this one is genuinely well-made and weather-proof. Great little product; we're glad we finally found it!
on 1 May 2012
I've tried the plastic coated locks and the black painted metal padlocks and none of them have lasted very long before giving up one way or another (I think the longest any have lasted is about 18 months outside). So this bare-brass affair looks the part, is well made and looks like it is going to be a stayer. I'll post back if/when it does eventually fail.
on 7 January 2014
Put one of these outside on my garage door. After a couple of months of use it seized up and I couldn't get the key into it. I pulled out a junior hacksaw with a metal cutting blade and went through the lock in about 10 seconds!!! Therefore, I would recommend you buy something with toughened steel if you want to use this for proper security purposes.
on 16 April 2012
I bought this to use on the shed. It is a good value padlock that does what its meant to, what more can I say?
on 26 August 2011
This is shaping up to be a good lock, previous locks on my shed quickly went a bit rusty and stiff, this seems fine, good price too.