Top critical review
64 people found this helpful
Wouldn't recommend it to others.
on 30 January 2010
I will start with positive aspects of the phone:
- I think the camera offers very good quality pictures compared to others phones
- dimensions and the general look of the phone is quite attracitve too
- very intuitive and easy to operate
There are few major cons however, due to which I would be unable to recommend this phone:
- I have to reset it every other day as the phone starts working extremely slowly even when typing a message - go to Youtube and type "iPhone freezing" or "slow iPhone" and you will see what I am talking about. This is not only a problem with my single phone, but rather a major issue with others too. I believe iPhone 3GS has already faster OS so the problem is supposedly solved, but I am not 100% so I cannot really comment on that (+ I don't like the fact that I would have to pay a premium to Apple for 3GS, because they fixed something that should be working in the first place).
- the battery life is unacceptable. The phone in medium use will barely last 24 hours - and I don't even play music on it! Sure, someone can say that I can charge the battery when I get back home in the evening, but sometimes people are out for 2 or 3 days and they don't want to bother taking the charger. If you watch Youtube, use apps (especially games, the phone will not last longer than 3 hours at most). Major issue for me.
At the end just a final warning. When you are buying iPhone do not expect that the 200+ GBP for the phone will be the end of your spending. This is just the beginning. All the decent applications cost money. Personally, I got over the "cool" status of Apple and I am going buying a different smartphone.