5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, worth every money, don't listen to bad reviews
I have done research on different products but yet I choose this one, and I was right to do so, it is lovely to use. I had been putting off cleaning my chain for so long because the idea of it feels like a mission, but it really isn't, doesn't take long at all using this.
Published 11 months ago by madminch

If you find this review helpful ... please click the little "yes" box below.

Published on 15 Oct. 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, worth every money, don't listen to bad reviews, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
I don't understand some reviews that are stating how they needed to use a whole can to clean the chain once.. I think they must be very OCD with their bikes, because I assure you I got mine very clean with only using a small amount and it was caked in dirt.
I also use Wurth Dry lube, that is brilliant too, just make sure you follow the instructions by the book. using dry lube prevents the build up of Lube on your rear wheel. I also use Muc off to overall clean my bike. I know its expensive but worth every penny. it will remove any splash off on the rear wheel with ease and leave a protective element with application. here you have everything to keep your bike in good basic health.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product..., 4 July 2012
BD "bigdave2020" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
I am a biker with experience spanning over three decades, who has owned a wide range of machines from road going adventure/enduro's, sports tourers, litre sports bikes and cruisers, and toured all over the northern hemisphere.

I bought this as my Tiger failed its MOT with a partially seized rear caliper, so after removal i cleaned the caliper down with this stuff and the muck came off so easily it was effortless. It revealed the seals had gone on the pots, so I was able order the parts and get my bike through the MOT no problem.

Every biker should have this in their toolbox.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK ... but paraffin/kerosene and elbow grease work better, 15 Oct. 2012
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
If you find this review helpful ... please click the little "yes" box below.

I bought this because I was being lazy. The chain on my little Kawasaki Ninjette was looking grubby, and I was thinking that rather than getting a toothbrush and cleaning every single link with paraffin (aka kerosene) I'l just spray and wipe with the Wurth brake and chain cleaner. So, I bought the combo cleaner, lube and cleaning brush.

So, I removed the chain guard, went for a fifteen minute ride to warm up the chain, stuck the bike on the stand and got spraying. It looked good. The dirt was definitely coming off. I left it 'soaking' for about ten minutes and then sprayed the chain again and started using the cleaning brush. More dirt came off. Great! I finished by spraying the last of the can onto a lint-free cloth as I wiped the chain. Even more dirt came off.

15-minutes after I started, I was done. The only problem was, the chain was only superficially clean. It looked OK, but between the links, around the 'o' rings and around the connecting shafts there was still quite a lot of dirt.

After sighing heavily, I did what I should have done in the first place. I got a jar of paraffin, an old toothbrush and (another) cloth and started cleaning the chain properly. This time it took me about 30-minutes, but at the end of it the chain really was clean.

Summary; I think that this stuff is good for a 'quick' clean, but it really isn't good enough. Paraffin is cheaper and better. It takes about twice to three times as long to clean with paraffin, but if you load up a good album on your MP3 player, take a deep breath, and get focused on the job, it's actually quite good therapy to clean a motorcycle chain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Mar. 2012
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
This is by far the best chain cleaner i have ever used, it easily removes old chain lube and leaves the chain sparkling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., 10 Aug. 2012
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
Gonna keep this short as it's a boring thing to review.
However i have used this for the first time today and it works great. I've only used castrol before which is also a good product. But i gotta say this works even better.
It comes out the can very fast and almost blasts off bits of grease etc.
I'll always use this in future.
I've bored myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the Job, 15 May 2014
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
Ordered this to clean probably one of the dirtiest and muckiest chain i ever come across and it did the job first time. Would recommend putting an old towel or cardboard on the floor to collect the rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaned it up good, Great Product !, 8 July 2013
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
Delivery was prompt and the packaging was ample....

The chain on a 2nd hand bike i bought was rotten, and i mean real thick dried on gunk.1st application removed the bulk of the glued on grime and the 2nd and 3rd made the chain sparkle like new !

I would definitely buy this again when this can runs out and also would recommend to a friend.

One thing i will take out of my 1st go at cleaning a truly rancid chain is next time to use more cardboard to cover the floor and take steps to cover (or even remove) the back wheel as the dirt does go everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cleaner, 5 April 2014
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
Fast delivery, Used it on my ceased TL1000R. calipers to strip down and clean and it did the job effortlessly with the help of a tooth brush.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and does it very well!!!, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
Does the job and does it very well but slightly overpriced for what the product actually does and the only downside is 500mls is just not enough and dispenses way too quick. The chain cleaner uses pressure to blow the dirt off but this comes with the compromise that more cleaner gets wasted than used. I always use the WURTH products but if you look around there are other better product that do a similar job which cost less and last longer.

No fault with the seller came very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty chain now clean, 4 July 2014
MDC (Cleveland.UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
Used on my m/bike chain which was pretty dirty.Did the job without too much work, very happy with this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›