5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement Battery
My Ipod lives in a docking station , so it was only when on Holiday I realised I was managing at best 1 album worth of music before it died , and this was after an all night charge ..
As it is a good few years old and has had some real use I conceded in having to replace the whole thing.
It was only after looking around that I found Batteries where availabe...
Published on 11 Nov. 2010 by Mr. T. D. Meakin

3.0 out of 5 stars the mysterious case of the expanding battery...
Published on 17 July 2012 by ratgirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement Battery, 11 Nov. 2010
Mr. T. D. Meakin (Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod (5th Generation) 30G Replacement Battery (Electronics)
It was only after looking around that I found Batteries where availabe . but the costs varied so much it was untrue.
I dropped across this one , not only being one of the cheapest seen but it was Free P&P , I though I had nothing to loose for sake of [..] . so I went ahead and ordered it.
I must say the delivery time was amazing , and to my delight , it also came with a small Tool for splitting the Ipod case .This was a real bonus as this is not mentioned in the product details.
The battery Fit Perfect , and with a bit of help from an online video I found the battery was changed in about 10 mins ..
I am now back up to full power and saved myself a fortune ...
Don't be afraid , go ahead and buy one of these for your Ipod..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery! BUT DO NOT ALSO ORDER THE OPTIONAL TOOL KIT!, 11 Mar. 2014
The battery itself is great, and has restored my iPod to its former glory. Not a quick or simple job changing the battery, but the iPod is robust and you can do it in under 30 minutes, good instructional videos on YouTube. It has saved me the cost of a new iPod and the hassle as well. So full marks for the battery!

However, DO NOT order the additional tool kit offered as part of a bundled deal! The tools are fairly priced and adequate (just) for the job, but:

> The battery already comes with a green plastic iPod case splitter; and

> While the battery was delivered in about 3 days, the tool kit took 6 WEEKS! I had fitted the new battery 5 1/2 weeks before the tool kit arrived - quite the worst delivery for such a minuscule item I have ever endured.

You've been warned! But do buy the battery, great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my the cost of a new iPod!, 7 Mar. 2011
My 5th Gen iPod had a life span of about 10 minutes after an overnight charge. I either had to replace it (as I use it daily in my car) or try swapping the battery out as it was just not holding a charge. This batter has restored my iPod back to life as if it was fresh out of the box, and saved me the cost of having to buy a replacement! After an overnight charge now, it plays for hours again.

I would say that anyone who is comfortable making minor changes to electronic equipment can change the battery and there are plenty of tutorials on how to do this out there on the internet. I opted for a 5 minute YouTube tutorial video. When I was happy I knew what I needed to do, changing the battery was easy and took no more then 10 minutes. The battery came with a small tool to help you remove the back of the iPod, but after years of use, I found it was a little "stiff" to pull away. With the hard part out of the way, I simply disconnected the old battery and plugged in the new one. The batter sits on some double sided sticky tape which luckily for me got left behind on the case meaning the new battery could go straight on. Once the new battery was plugged in and placed on the sticky tape, the cover went back on and I charged it up for about 8 hours. Since then, my iPod has worked perfectly. I highly recommend this product to someone who may not want to folk out cash for a new iPod, when they can simply replace their dead battery for a tenner!

5.0 out of 5 stars If your iPod is dead, give this battery a try, 29 April 2013
I needed to use my old ipod to play some music at a wedding, but when i came to try to switch it on (after not using it for some time), i got the sad ipod face saying to refer to apple support and when i tried to charge it, it wouldn't hold charge.

After reading up on the internet and finding it likely to be a battery fault (can also be a Hard Drive fault), i thought changing the battery was worth a try - and especially when i found this product for less than £6. The battery arrived quickly and, as others have mentioned, even included a small tool for taking the ipod apart.

I am no electrical expert (to say the least!), but after watching a couple of tutorials on You Tube, it took me less than 5 mins to change the battery.

After 3 hours charge, all seems well - ipod holding charge perfectly!

Great price and well worth a try before you throw your ipod out or pay someone at Apple a lot of £££'s to repair it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money., 27 Aug. 2014
Good product, lasts five hours on full charge, can't expect to last fifteen hours as the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product & Ipod back to new!, 25 April 2013
Like other reviewers, I got to the point that even if charging overnight , my ipod would struggle to get through the day or even half a day. So decided to take a chance on purchasing a new battery.

Like others, I used a youtube tutorial to replace (and had a little struggle getting the case off). But eventually, in using the included tools and additional tools purchased, I managed to get the case off, fit the new battery and now my ipod is back to new so I have very happy.

So if your ipod is on its last leg, do purchase one of these batteries and save yourself the expense of sending back to Apple or buying a new ipod. For less than a tenner, you can't ask for better!

3.0 out of 5 stars the mysterious case of the expanding battery..., 17 July 2012
Battery was easy to replace, following a YouTube video as some others suggested. Was so excited to bring life to my dying ipod and it worked great for 6 months...however, to my surprise I awoke this morning to find that the battery had expanded and pushed apart the ipod casing. I imagine this is quite dangerous so have disposed of the battery and will have to purchase another one. I thought I might have gotten slightly more life from the battery so hope this was just a faulty one and won't happen again. I'm lost without my ipod!

5.0 out of 5 stars New life for iPod, 26 Jun. 2012
Chris T (E Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Have an iPod Classic U2 30GB - original battery life was down to just over an hour after 6 good years of service
Fitted new battery ....little bit fiddly to get the casing open but tools supplied did the job and replacing battery was quite easy. New battery gives approx 12 hours music now- perfect! Why send to Apple and pay £40+ when you can do it for less in 30 minutes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cannot manage to open case with the tool, 23 Sept. 2012
Received the package with only a tool and battery. No instructions included, so used the many YouTube videos to try to assist with opening the iPod case. Slowly but surely the tool is getting mangled and still have not managed to make the case budge much at all. Hopefully can find a way into the case to install the battery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 3 Jun. 2014
this works perfectly it has completely breathed new life into my old ipod Video.

i get about 6 hours of playback from this that is with me using a FM transmitter that also takes power from the ipod so a very good battery indeed i should get another good few years out of it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›