4.0 out of 5 stars OPEN SEASON 2 GETTING MARRIED
I thought that open season 2 was a good film but compared to the first one it was not as good for the fun side of it. Children will be very happy with the film and love the chase for their friend the dog who gets caught. But I don't want to give too much away of the story.
Published on 18 April 2009 by Mr. M. D. Curzon

1.0 out of 5 stars More of a turkey than a bear or a deer.
I adored Open Season. I thought it was clever and funny and would recommend it to others. So I was quite excited to find there was a sequel coming out. My excitement was dampened slightly when I discovered it was going straight to DVD (in the UK, at any rate). And yet further when I found out that Ashton Kutcher and Martin Lawrence were no longer voicing the main...
Published on 23 Feb 2009 by Lucy Felthouse

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 22 Jan 2013
I enjoy the time what i can spend with my kid to watching any kids DVD. Im also like a kid and enjoy all cartoons :)

5.0 out of 5 stars thanks, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
received the product very quickly through the post and are very happy with it and would like to send my thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars even the main stars didnt return, 10 Dec 2012
E. Nwaiwu (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
An odd story, an odd concept and overall a little dull. Its goofy in a way kids like although those with a short attention span might wander. OK for small kids but don't have high expectations

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids special, 3 Oct 2012
Vivian Thomas "vivt1940" (Australia) - See all my reviews
The Grand kids love any animated movie but I can assure you that this particular one was one of their best liked.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD for kids., 25 Sep 2011
This review is from: Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
If you ever shop in Marks & Spencer and you walk by their TV's then this is the video that they are normally playing, we purchased it for the grandchildren to watch at our house and they love it, we do too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Open Season 2 DVD, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Son saw I and we bought II and III - nice to have all the collection. Fun for all ages to watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Open Season 2 (What a let down), 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Words cannot express my disappointment for this movie.

Why?
I found the plot dumb founding and stupid, an insult to have the title of open season, when the first was fun for all the family.
The original legendary voices such as Martin Lawrence and Ashton Kutcher are no longer playing Boog and Elliot. This I am not surprised as they probably ran a mile after seeing the screen play.
What jokes there are, few in number, are ludicrously stupid.
So what other movies are there for you and your kids so you don't waste time with this or open season 3?
Kung Fu Panda
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Finding Nemo
And my personal favourites Toy Story 1-3

Please take my advice and dont buy or download. 1* at most.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fifi the Poodle Steals the Show!, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I am a big Open Season fan, so when I found out that there was a sequel due to be released I jumped up and down with excitement.

The plot of the film is as follows:

It's one year later, and we find Elliot getting ready to marry the love of his life, Giselle. But the way to the altar takes a slight detour when Mr. Weenie is kidnapped. Boog, Elliot and all the gang take it upon themselves to rescue their German pooch from the clutches of his owners, 'Mud Flap and Wild Man'.

As the film was only released 2 years after the original, you know they haven't taken much time to perfect the story or animation. Sadly, they didn't bring back Ashton Kutcher or Martin Lawrence as Elliot and Boog. Which for me personally is a big let down. If you compare the story to the first film, it's instantly not as good. And if you compare the animation to other films which were released the same year, such as Walle and Bolt, it really is way behind.

For Pixar, it was Toy Story that made them big, so obviously it's going to be their most loved feature. Because of this they have worked on two sequels to the film. Dreamworks has Shrek, which is now on it's 4th episode and Madagascar which is on it's 2nd film. Twentieth Century Fox has Ice Age, which is on it's third feature and for Sony Animation, it has Open Season. Sadly though, it feels that Sony are releasing this film for a get rich quick scheme. If only they had worked a little harder this film could be brilliant.

Don't get me wrong though, I do like this film. Crispin Glover as Fifi is an inspired casting. He and Roberto (Steve Schirripa) provide most, if not all, of the laughs in the film.

Overall, an okay movie which the children will adore! What more do you need?

3.0 out of 5 stars The story continues, 6 July 2009
D. Hill (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
In my opinion all the laughs were there, but the storyline wasn't as good as the first film.

5.0 out of 5 stars but the kids loved it. Roared with laughter and as good as ..., 12 Dec 2014
Not one of the most famous cartoons out there compared to the likes of the Pixar films, but the kids loved it. Roared with laughter and as good as the first

Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009]
Open Season 2 [DVD] [2009] by Todd Wilderman (DVD - 2009)