Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 21 March 2009
All The PlansI am so pleased that Starsailor are back true to form. All the songs on this album are melodious - a mix of fast, slow, thought-provoking but always crisp and arresting (I can hear some Dylan and Cash influences in some of the songs). I think James' lead vocals are the best Britain has to offer at the moment. I do have time for Coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol etc but I have to say Starsailor have always shone more brightly for me. I can't wait to see them live in a couple of weeks on the back of this album release (last time I saw Starsailor live James was suffering a sore throat but his voice somehow still belted out magnificently). I highly recommend this short but so sweet album - love it.
on 18 March 2009
when starsailor released their 2001 debut love is here they were tipped for big things ,however disapointing follow ups silence is easy and on the outside never fulfilled that promise and only now are the band releasing a record that lives up to the their early hype.all the plans,is i'd say their masterpiece,always in the shadow of coldplay,chris martin and the boys would kill for a song as good as hurts so much a big,big ballad and the standout song on an album of highlights.first single tell me it's not over is great,the ronnie wood guesting title track is excellent,up their with their best and the moody rocker listen up has a some great guitar parts really beefing up their sound.this is starsailor's time to shine,hopefully the record buying public will give this album a chance,it baffles me that the likes of snow patrol have cracked america and sold shedloads of records when they are so vastly inferior to this lot.already in my album of the year list,give it a try you won't be disapointed.
on 8 April 2009
I have to agree with the other reviewers here and say how much I like this album. It has a real sense of maturity, hangs together really well and gets better on every play. No particular favourite tracks, I like them all! Bonus CD is well worth getting, with some outstanding accoustic versions of the album tracks.
on 27 March 2009
Like everyone else on here I just want to say how freekin fantastic Starsailor's ALL THE PLANS is. Its a much awaited return to form with all 11 tracks offering something and zero fillers. If this album were a sandwich it'd be pretty tasteless. As it is, yum yum, me like very much! BUY it!
on 13 March 2009
This is a great Album, from Britains most undervalued band. They were meant to be huge and there is enough on this album to suggest that they still will be.
Fortunately for fans of the band they haven't made it big, so they can fly under the radar and make great music without their every move being scrutinised.
This album shows a band that have grown up a lot, and James Walsh's voice has matured greatly and one day this band will be huge.
on 16 March 2009
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. First, it's a new album from Starsailor, second, it's the album e eryone has been wanting them to make for years. When Starsailor first appeared on the scene they were touted as a breath of fresh air, then next big thing, and all throughout the period pushing Love Is Here, the band really could do no wrong. Silence Is Easy was much touted, but something was lost, the songs were good, but didn't quite have the warm melancholic and graceful sense of the first album, and while the follow up of On The Outside had some interesting rock moments, it wasn't what the band's early years had promised. Now they are truly back, with beautiful graceful tunes, warmly nurtured by producer Steve Osborne, delicately lyriced along themes of politics, love and loss, abd all throughout fantastic keyboard work,and stunning vocals. This band have never been as huge s they could have been, not such a bad thing, because they have alwaysbeen able to maitain their grace, but such a shame, as this superb record may never be heard by the amount of people it deserves. Buy it!
on 9 April 2009
This is a great album. I do not own their debut, but I have the previous two, and although I rate them too a degree, I feel there is something missing. Several songs promise a lot and then are cut short at around the 3 minute mark leaving me feel they could have been be far better expanded. Not the case here though, with "All the plans" and "Neon sky" especially perhaps lending themselves to the expression "towering". Other standouts..."Tell me its not over" and the passion filled "Hurts too much". So if like me, you are fond of their earlier material or Thirteen Senses 2007 album "Contact", I`d be surprised if you were not happy to have this among your collection.
on 16 October 2009
For a dutch couple this band mains more than just music. No country is too far for these admirers of good and honest music. Breathtaking live performances and no mile is too far for them.
On their last tour thru England this couple confirmed their love for this band and fell in love with their support act The Parlatones. A young starsailor will see the light in december and mam and dad will be coming to their upcoming live shows for the new album All the Plans because this album is amazing. And the second disc is for the moments alone in bed thru the headphone ....
why wait ..get up and run thru this menu and order this album because this band deserves it.
A dutch hello from Gino and Angie ... love you guys
on 14 April 2009
Starsailor have done it again with this wonderful new album. James Walsh's voice is a dream to listen to. Try it and see for yourself.
on 6 July 2012
The album is well constructed. The music and the lyrics are well written. Overall, I loved listening to this album. Probably one of the best albums I have heard this year. Well done Star Sailor.