Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 March 2009
Long over due new album, but worth the wait. They are back to their best with echoes of their first album Love Is Here. It is worth buying the 2 disc special for the acoustic versions plus a new track.
Like Coldplay and Keane only much better.
on 21 March 2009
All The PlansI am so pleased that Starsailor are back true to form. All the songs on this album are melodious - a mix of fast, slow, thought-provoking but always crisp and arresting (I can hear some Dylan and Cash influences in some of the songs). I think James' lead vocals are the best Britain has to offer at the moment. I do have time for Coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol etc but I have to say Starsailor have always shone more brightly for me. I can't wait to see them live in a couple of weeks on the back of this album release (last time I saw Starsailor live James was suffering a sore throat but his voice somehow still belted out magnificently). I highly recommend this short but so sweet album - love it.
on 18 March 2009
when starsailor released their 2001 debut love is here they were tipped for big things ,however disapointing follow ups silence is easy and on the outside never fulfilled that promise and only now are the band releasing a record that lives up to the their early hype.all the plans,is i'd say their masterpiece,always in the shadow of coldplay,chris martin and the boys would kill for a song as good as hurts so much a big,big ballad and the standout song on an album of highlights.first single tell me it's not over is great,the ronnie wood guesting title track is excellent,up their with their best and the moody rocker listen up has a some great guitar parts really beefing up their sound.this is starsailor's time to shine,hopefully the record buying public will give this album a chance,it baffles me that the likes of snow patrol have cracked america and sold shedloads of records when they are so vastly inferior to this lot.already in my album of the year list,give it a try you won't be disapointed.
on 16 March 2009
A welcome return for the soaring melodies, brilliant vocals and heart wrenching lyrics that will inspire anyone who listens. I love Starsailor and must admit to being a little concerned with the direction they took with their last opus 'On The Outside'. A harder edge to the songs and a lack of soul were my main hang ups, when compared to the beautiful debut 'Love Is Here'

'All The Plans' puts us all back on track with 11 songs that bleed with emotion and has lead singer James Walsh pouring his heart out once again. 'Neon Sky' and 'You Never Get What You Deserve' are particularly heartfelt and will have you reaching for the box of tissues! "on a life support machine, a damaged teenage queen, a danger to yourself" poetry! Try to resist singing "slip inside the eyes of your mind" as the opening bars of the title track begin, very reminiscent to 'Dont Look Back In Anger' to my ears and is every bit as good. 'Tell Me It's Not Over' is a great opener and subsequent lead single for this set, I can't believe Radio 2 hasn't adopted it on their playlist as yet. 'Boy In Waiting' a gentle acoustic intro with some soaring vocals from James, such a distinctive voice. 'Listen Up' deserves special praise as it's extremely infectious with all members excelling and I woudn't be surprised if it was released as the next single, but having said that we are spoilt for choice, as most of the songs on this album either surprise, uplift or make you ponder about life.

Bravo!
VINE VOICEon 4 May 2012
Starsailor's debut album, Love Is Here, brought a melancholy air to the laddish Britpop genre that turned a lot of heads. Whilst it was not groundbreaking, it certainly stood out at the time.

Later albums brought collaboration with Phil Spector and a much more generic sound, although James Walsh's vocal style continued to stand out.

Whether or not the decision to go more Middle Of the Road was a conscious one, it did take the edges of what was a fine band, and All The Plans is no different. They didn't know it would be their final album at the time, but if they had I suspect they would have gone out on more of a bang.

Themes of love, loss, what ifs and redemption run strong once again, and rich organ sounds and mournful vocals drive each song. As much as I like Starsailor, two things still bother me. Firstly, the opening track is a belter, like In The Crossfire on On the Outside, but there are few moments that live up to the early strength. Secondly, as always, the album is too short. Starsailor's albums consistently come in at 30-40 minutes in length, and I know that 40 minutes of quality is better than 70 minutes of filler, but it always feels like I'm being short changed.

In short, it's a bit of a shame that they went out on a whimper. It's an album that will sit happily in my stereo, but once it comes out, how long before it goes back in again?
on 8 April 2009
I have to agree with the other reviewers here and say how much I like this album. It has a real sense of maturity, hangs together really well and gets better on every play. No particular favourite tracks, I like them all! Bonus CD is well worth getting, with some outstanding accoustic versions of the album tracks.
on 27 March 2009
Like everyone else on here I just want to say how freekin fantastic Starsailor's ALL THE PLANS is. Its a much awaited return to form with all 11 tracks offering something and zero fillers. If this album were a sandwich it'd be pretty tasteless. As it is, yum yum, me like very much! BUY it!
on 13 March 2009
This is a great Album, from Britains most undervalued band. They were meant to be huge and there is enough on this album to suggest that they still will be.
Fortunately for fans of the band they haven't made it big, so they can fly under the radar and make great music without their every move being scrutinised.
This album shows a band that have grown up a lot, and James Walsh's voice has matured greatly and one day this band will be huge.
on 16 March 2009
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. First, it's a new album from Starsailor, second, it's the album e eryone has been wanting them to make for years. When Starsailor first appeared on the scene they were touted as a breath of fresh air, then next big thing, and all throughout the period pushing Love Is Here, the band really could do no wrong. Silence Is Easy was much touted, but something was lost, the songs were good, but didn't quite have the warm melancholic and graceful sense of the first album, and while the follow up of On The Outside had some interesting rock moments, it wasn't what the band's early years had promised. Now they are truly back, with beautiful graceful tunes, warmly nurtured by producer Steve Osborne, delicately lyriced along themes of politics, love and loss, abd all throughout fantastic keyboard work,and stunning vocals. This band have never been as huge s they could have been, not such a bad thing, because they have alwaysbeen able to maitain their grace, but such a shame, as this superb record may never be heard by the amount of people it deserves. Buy it!
on 9 April 2009
This is a great album. I do not own their debut, but I have the previous two, and although I rate them too a degree, I feel there is something missing. Several songs promise a lot and then are cut short at around the 3 minute mark leaving me feel they could have been be far better expanded. Not the case here though, with "All the plans" and "Neon sky" especially perhaps lending themselves to the expression "towering". Other standouts..."Tell me its not over" and the passion filled "Hurts too much". So if like me, you are fond of their earlier material or Thirteen Senses 2007 album "Contact", I`d be surprised if you were not happy to have this among your collection.