5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Album yet!!!
I have all 3 of Sia's studio albums plus the live Lady Croissant and this is the one I can't stop listening to!

This album is her most consistent offering and really showcases her beautiful voice, thoughtful, often moving and seemingly personal lyrics, all enveloped in emotive melodies and arrangements.

The production and sound is full and balanced...
Published on 13 Feb. 2008 by august blood

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Where is my mp3 copy as promised when buy a CD? Album fabulous!!!!
Published 9 months ago by Miss F.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Album yet!!!, 13 Feb. 2008

The production and sound is full and balanced with a great 'band' feel ; overall this is an upbeat album with more powerful vocals than her last album and has memorable tunes- not one song is filler and you'll want to play it again and again. In my opinion she is amongst the best female vocalists of all time: timbre, phrasing and emotion. Forget the fakes- she is the real thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - Don't be fooled by the rediculous review below!!, 9 Oct. 2008
The ridiculous review below couldn't be further from the truth!
I'm lost for words really! 'High Energy Performance'? If you'd been to one of Sia's gigs then you'd understand that she's amazingly focused throughout singing her songs and then stupid and bubbly in between. She doesn't need to do any stupid dances or anything whilst singing because the quality of her songs shine through.
The album is fantastic. The arrangements and overall production and sound of the album is amazing!
I really can't say more than that.
Just, whatever you do, do not listen to the review below - Judge for yourself.
Sia is not another Amy Winehouse (thank god) she's in a different league. A much better classier league!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best female singer songwriter around !, 24 Dec. 2008
Jane (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
I had never even heard of Sia until I saw her on Jools Holland a couple of months ago and now I am a huge fan! I can't understand why she isn't much more famous. This album is great - really good songs; Sia has an amazing voice and puts over so much emotion (unlike other newer, better-known but inferior singers such as Duffy and Adele who I found boring after a few listens - they do not have her passion).

I have played this album over and over and also bought her 2 previous albums (also great but very different). I like all the tracks but my favourites are 'Day too soon' (very uplifting), 'Soon we'll be found', 'Beautiful Calm Driving' (real grower) 'I go to sleep' (so beautiful - makes me cry) and 'Buttons'.

Buy it and hear someone with an amazing voice and real depths of emotion. I just love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative Soulful Pop, 19 April 2008
If you want a feel good, chilled, happy album - this is the album for you.
Sia's voice is evidently incredible, and this album shows this off perfectly.
You know that with each song you have her heart too.
There are no 'filler' tracks in this album; every single track is magical and spell-binding.
This is the kind of album you could play at a dinner party, but it has a slight left-field flair to it - its quirky & charming but elegant at the same time.

For chilling out I recommend 'Day Too Soon', 'Lullaby' (the piano is stunning & compliments her voice perfectly), and 'Beautiful Calm Driving'.
For more upbeat moments, I recommend 'Death By Chocolate' & 'Playground' (it brings you back to your childhood!)
And for those Bridget Jones 'I'm a strong woman' moments, her latest single 'Girl You Lost To Cocaine' is perfect!
'Little Black Sandals' must have a mention too, this opening track draws you into the album, and it's subtle and gorgeous.

- I could never get bored of this album; it sounds perfect in a cold January, and perfect chilling in the garden in the summer. It truly is stunning - I can't wait to hear more from her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 Feb. 2009
Ms. Anne L. Hardy "Ania" (London) - See all my reviews
I have not long been a follower of Sia's music. Maybe a year or so. I discovered the song 'Breathe me' and fell in love with her and her voice. I then went on a mission to get everything made by her. So, going back to her earlier work which is more RnB to my taste and then over about 3 albums she seems to develop her own style. For me I think this album is her best as she seems to her really grown into herself and developed her own style. The other albums are good and she is very diverse in her style's but hey arn't quite hers. So, in short I think this is a wonderful ablumn that shows off her beautiful voice and music writing skills. She was finally asked to go on the Jools Holland show so if anyone is interested check it out on youtube. It's nice to see the good musicians acknowledged!

5.0 out of 5 stars a miraculous album- for anyone enchanted by Bjork or Dido or Chrissie Hynde: a new goddess for the pantheon..., 15 Nov. 2008
M. W. Hatfield "mwhatfield" (Gainsborough, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
As someone who had managed to avoid Zero Seven and Sia until now, this is a revelation. Intrigued by a stunning performance on Jools Holland's "Later", I decided to gamble on the album. A worthwhile gamble? Oh,yes! What we have here is a real singer, with passion and power combined with quirky rhythms and lovely melodies, sometimes jaunty, sometimes offbeat, but often heartbreaking. Reference points? Kate Bush for sure- but she's no imitation. her yearning, emotional vocals sometimes bring the Pretenders to mind- but then, when you listen to her version of "I go to Sleep",included here,all you hear is Sia.

Unique and engaging, full of that oddness which makes Tori Amos and Bjork so appealing, yet more grounded than either of those. And her voice can soar with real shattering emotional power. On the best of songs (here, for me, "Soon we will be found" is world-class, sending shivers down the spine)- she stakes her claim to being the best female vocalist of the past ten years.
If you've never heard Sia before, get this Cd. Listen to it. And marvel at a world where mediocre singers are lauded to the heavens and true inspiration lies hidden away. Genius!
(and don't miss the hidden bonus track "Buttons" at the end of the cd- just let "Lullaby run on, and you'll have a jaunty jazzy dancey treat in store)
This CD deserves as many stars as there are in the heavens- but let's give it five for now. Who knows what she'll do next year?

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime SIA, 21 Aug. 2010
I have been buying music on a regular basis since the age of 13 (nearly 40 years) and probably buy on average 10~20 CD's a month. Every now and again I find some real gems and sometimes (not as often these days) I get blown away....... well Sia blew me away. I first heard her incredible voice as the end credit to the film '36'. I had to do some research and bought all her albums straight away.

This for me is her best, searingly beautiful and intensely moving vocals. I can see how Sia's very unique and individual style may not appeal to all, but if you like her at all, I URGE you to buy this CD. Lady Croissant is also a must buy for Sia fans. Her cover of the Ray Davis penned 'I Go to Sleep' is haunting and certainly IMO the best version you will hear.

Sia I love you :)

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful & unique voice, 17 Mar. 2008
totally agree with all previous reviews,a truly sublime album that you just can't stop listening to,i bought this album knowing sia's talented vocals from the equally sublime zero 7,forget amy winehouse/adele/duffy,none will ever come close to this girl,one unique & quirky voice,simply brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is SIA's best yet, 31 Jan. 2008
I first heard of SIA when I heard the stunning 'Taken for Granted' on TFI Friday in 2000 and got the patchy but distinctive debut album that followed. Healing is Difficult didn't quite live up to its sparky, post-therapy title and cover, although her lyrics were more idiosyncratic than most. The follow-up album, Colour the Small One (2004), coming out on the back of a heavy depression, was more downtempo and washed-out, laden with soaring strings and narcotic, lazy-day lyrics. There were a few standout tracks - 'Don't Bring Me Down' and the Zero 7-influenced 'Sunday' and 'Breathe Me' - but overall I thought it was disappointing. And so I was curious as to what she would come up with next.

Some People Have REAL Problems again bears a strong, accusatory title that the tracks don't really match in terms of tone. The songs here are mostly perky and quirky love songs - it's the ballady tracks such as 'Lentil' (which featured on her live album Lady Croissant) that work best. She's keen to flex her vocal muscles (which might grate on some after a while); the vocal acrobatics and daisy-chain rhymes are good on 'Lentil'. 'Day Too Soon' is an upbeat paean to a lover, which promises to "stich you up / fill you in my heart / Honey I will knead you...". Glazed lyrics like that haven't helped accusations that she's sold out to the Starbucks set (the album is being put out on Hear Music, the label that distributes through Starbucks), but Sia and her music comes across as a more complex and interesting person than that. Thankfully there is bite - she reprises a survivalist attitude on the piano and brass-accompanied 'The Girl You Lost to Cocaine' (where she quips, "See, I'll never get laid if I'm running your life") - and she stops short of the nonsensical eccentricity that Tori Amos has embraced.

Standouts: Day Too Soon, Lentil, Little Black Sandals, I Go To Sleep (a Ray Davies cover)

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonably good third effort, 8 Aug. 2011
Amillionmiles (Hove, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
Sia Furler's third album "Some People Have Real Problems" is a good follow up to "Colour The Small One" as it continues with the rock tinged pop theme. This time, the songs have a smoother sound and there is a heavier usage of strings to accompany the tracks, which I think adds credibility to this quite unique artist.

The album starts off really well with the mid-tempo pop rock song "Little Black Sandals", which happens to be the highlight of the album with a catchy chorus, lovely melody and thoughtful lyrics. The tracks that immediately follow this one are very good too. "Lentil" has a similar vibe and is a nicely crafted ballad. "Day Too Soon" is a mellow and laid back mid-tempo pop tune which has an infectious dreamy chorus. "You Have Been Loved" is another pleasant ballad.

The pace suddenly speeds up with "The Girl You Lost To Cocaine", but this song is a little too brutal, breaking the momentum, and the album loses its flow and sensitivity. After this, there is a mixture of good and mediocre. "Academia" and "Death By Chocolate" are dreary ballads, but "I Go To Sleep" and "Soon We'll Be Found" pick up where the four opening tracks left off, and are well thought out ballads. "Playground" ups the tempo and is an attractively quirky foot tapping pop track, but "Electric Bird" fails to hit the mark. The two final tracks "Beautiful Calm Driving" and "Lullaby/Buttons" are once again too flat and forgettable.

"Some People Have Real Problems" contains some really lovely soft rock ballads, but is guilty of being a little dull at times. It deserves 4 stars for some of the content as well as the uniqueness of some of the tracks, but her next release could do with a little more variety and energy.

Some People Have Real Problems
Some People Have Real Problems by Sia (Audio CD - 2008)