5.0 out of 5 stars Alessi Parrot corkscrew
This is a lovely twist on an otherwise non-descript product. The simple conversion of a waiters corkscrew into a cockatoo is so perfect. It is called the parrot though the raising of the serated foil cutting blade completly makes it look like a cockatoo.

Published on 3 Jan 2011 by Bill Jarvis

3.0 out of 5 stars Best corkscrew for men. Defeats me, as a women.
Clearly this is a great product. I find the lever hard to finally pull up to be bottle top. My husband however, says it is quite simply "the best"/ So much so, that we have several for our home in the UK and also overseas.
Published 9 months ago by M A Sangster

5.0 out of 5 stars Alessi Parrot corkscrew, 3 Jan 2011
Bill Jarvis (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I have several of this type of corkscrew, from basic wine waiter's utensils bought from chandlery stalls in Spanish markets to the Stainless steel verion called Grocky from IKEA and this is the best.

I thought at first that this would be a triumph of form over function but the simple addition of the pivoting hinged bottle grip arm, makes it phenominally easy to use.

This is an excellent product and a true peice of design in one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best corkscrew on the market, 12 Jan 2010
Julia Sweetman (England) - See all my reviews
Without a doubt, the best corkscrew available. Not only does it have the 2-steps necessary to remove the most stubborn of corks, it also has the best sort of foil cutting serrated blade. Highly recommended. This is the fourth one I've bought as mine is envied by all, I'm gradually buying more to use as presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alessi Parrot, 15 Feb 2009
Lam Mei Yee (France) - See all my reviews
We love this parrot corkscrew, it very easy to operat and is a joy in the kitchen. In fact this is our second one, the first one flew away. There is also a lovely feel as one clutches it. The two steps to unpluck the cork makes the whole bottling opening hassle free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Di Alessi Hand-decorated Parrot Proust Sommelier Corkscrew, 1 Jan 2013
Christine "Lis" (NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Di Alessi Hand-decorated Parrot Proust Sommelier Corkscrew in Cast Aluminiumin and PC (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this item as a special gift, and found it to be quite charming. I would recommend it to anybody who wants to give something a bit out of the ordinary to someone special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 9 May 2012
I bought this corkscrew based on looks and some reviews by other users and I must say it is the business. Very well built, quality materials, amazing looks. Outstanding! I just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best corkscrew ever!!!, 16 Feb 2011
I have bought this corkscrew more than a month ago and couldn't be happier about it! It's stylish, sleek, non slippery and gives you a good grip. As my job is in the bar, I needed the corkscrew, which would be reliable. A lot of people commented how stylish it looks too. Absolutely LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 24 Jan 2014
Great looks, finish, quality and efficiency in opening bottles, whether cork or tap.

Definitely worth it! :) Go get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars My sister loves Alessi so she loved this, 12 July 2013
Can't really say much about this, it is a very expensive but very funky corkscrew, I can't speak to ease of use as it is more of a design piece than a functional one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Best corkscrew for men. Defeats me, as a women., 4 July 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for guys, bit tough for me...., 19 Jun 2013
My husband says it's the best corkscrew in the world. Bit tough for me to finally pull out cork. Clearly a bloke's one.

ARRAY(0xb0835dec)