5.0 out of 5 stars The best you can get
I also bought 5star cards because I wanted to compare them to Silvine. Silvine is the clear winner. Paper whiteness and surface quality is identical and very good in both brands. The difference is in paper thickness and line aesthetics.

Published on 9 Nov. 2012 by Marcello

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent the wrong item :(
Was very disappointed when they send me a pack of large coloured cards instead. Also took over a week to arrive
Published 12 months ago by Isla

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best you can get, 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Silvine Record Cards 126x77mm Ruled Pack of 100 - Color: White

I measured the thickness of both brands. Silvine cards are 0.227mm thick whereas 5Star is 0.178mm. In other words 5Star is 21% less thick than Silvine. To get these precise measurements I used a digital caliper, measured a few and calculated the average.

I also measured the weight using a digital scale and got similar results. Each Silvine card weighs 1.75g whereas a 5star card weighs 1.4g which is 20% less. You can feel the difference in your hand too. 5star cards are flexible and Silvine is more card like.

The dimensions are 126x76mm.

Silvine has thin, light lines (0.07mm thick and 30% grey). The header line is thin light grey (0.1mm) but has a different tone of grey which I think has a touch of purple mixed in but looks grey if you don't look closely.

Overall I'm very pleased with these cards. The card thickness and lines are great. It is a joy to write on. This is much more than I can say for 5star cards which have terribly thick lines and thinner paper.

Silvine has also these colour cards which are more enjoyable to write on.
Silvine Record Cards Ruled 127x77mm Pack of 100

I use these cards to write website passwords. I have different random passwords for each website. I recommend doing the same. The reason is because lets say you use the same password on Amazon and a few small websites. If one of the small websites gets hacked, the password you used on that site will be tried out on all popular sites including all email providers and big sites like ebay, amazon, tesco. You will lose all of these and your credit card info will be gone too.

Here are two more products you need if you want to create a password box:
5 Star Card Index Box Capacity 250 Cards 5x3in 127x76mm Blue
Silvine 5 x 3 inch Guide Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 22 April 2013
Good bundle of cards which I used for writing on to create revision cards. The paper is sturdy enough to withstand constant handling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Silvine Record Cards 126x77mm Ruled Pack of 100 - White, 30 Dec. 2012
I am very pleased with the Silvine record cards. The ruler lines were clearly marked on each card and not fading liked some other cards I have previously purchased. The cards could have been a bit thicker but for the price I paid, I couldn't and wouldn't complain!!

The seller PartyNStationery dispatched the item very quickly so I was very pleased with their service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cards., 18 Jan. 2014
Do exactly what they say they do, are a good size and I'll probably order more. :) Using them for my A Level revision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 7 Feb. 2013
Good product at a very reasonable price. I use them for revision cards and would definitely recommend them as they are good quality card. The delivery was very quick too- received them on the 1st day that the delivery was due. Overall I am very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 8 Mar. 2014
As a student I needed record cards to help with assignments and exams. These are exactly what I was looking for and much cheaper than what I could find on the high street. Delivery was speedy and I will be ordering these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 23 April 2014
David M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These days it's really hard to get hold of high quality index cards at a reasonable price. These cards are exactly what I needed. They're sturdy and feint ruled - not with the ugly dark lines you get on poor quality cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cards, 14 Sept. 2014
Good quality cards, thicker and nicer to use than the Silvine ones. The best bit is that you can print on them too - so our revision cards are printed out - easier to read and replaceable if they get damaged or lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cards, great value, 17 Nov. 2014
These cards were exactly as I expected them to be. They are well lined but not too prominent on an appropriately thick card. Excellent value for money compared to the 6x4 cards that are more commonly available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and price, 13 July 2014
Really happy with the quality of these cards-- faint lines, white paper, thick card. Got me through my third year revision period at a fraction of the price I would have otherwise paid on the high street.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›