on 9 November 2012
I also bought 5star cards because I wanted to compare them to Silvine. Silvine is the clear winner. Paper whiteness and surface quality is identical and very good in both brands. The difference is in paper thickness and line aesthetics.

I measured the thickness of both brands. Silvine cards are 0.227mm thick whereas 5Star is 0.178mm. In other words 5Star is 21% less thick than Silvine. To get these precise measurements I used a digital caliper, measured a few and calculated the average.

I also measured the weight using a digital scale and got similar results. Each Silvine card weighs 1.75g whereas a 5star card weighs 1.4g which is 20% less. You can feel the difference in your hand too. 5star cards are flexible and Silvine is more card like.

The dimensions are 126x76mm.

Silvine has thin, light lines (0.07mm thick and 30% grey). The header line is thin light grey (0.1mm) but has a different tone of grey which I think has a touch of purple mixed in but looks grey if you don't look closely.

Overall I'm very pleased with these cards. The card thickness and lines are great. It is a joy to write on. This is much more than I can say for 5star cards which have terribly thick lines and thinner paper.

Silvine has also these colour cards which are more enjoyable to write on.
Silvine Record Cards Ruled 127x77mm Pack of 100

I use these cards to write website passwords. I have different random passwords for each website. I recommend doing the same. The reason is because lets say you use the same password on Amazon and a few small websites. If one of the small websites gets hacked, the password you used on that site will be tried out on all popular sites including all email providers and big sites like ebay, amazon, tesco. You will lose all of these and your credit card info will be gone too.

Here are two more products you need if you want to create a password box:
5 Star Card Index Box Capacity 250 Cards 5x3in 127x76mm Blue
Silvine 5 x 3 inch Guide Cards
on 22 April 2013
Good bundle of cards which I used for writing on to create revision cards. The paper is sturdy enough to withstand constant handling.
on 18 January 2014
Do exactly what they say they do, are a good size and I'll probably order more. :) Using them for my A Level revision.
on 17 June 2015
These cards are great for concise revision notes. The lines are very clear and double sided which was the main reason I bought them, and they're very good quality. I'll definitely be buying many of these packs again to get me through the remainder of my degree! I'd recommend this to anyone.
on 16 March 2016
Good quality card - not the best I've had but I've used much worse. It's relatively thick so is quite durable; good if they're being used for revision and you want to take them around with you. I also like that they have lines on both sides, although some of the lines can be quite faint sometimes.

Overall, a really good product and great value for money. I have ordered a few packs now and haven't had a problem so will definitely be ordering again! The delivery is quick too. The only reasons for not being 5 stars are the faded lines and the fact that I have had thicker cards before but these are minor issues really.
on 7 February 2013
Good product at a very reasonable price. I use them for revision cards and would definitely recommend them as they are good quality card. The delivery was very quick too- received them on the 1st day that the delivery was due. Overall I am very impressed.
on 31 December 2015
All cards are fine to use as flashcards. Even when using dark pens nothing runs to the other side. Thy do feel like they could be thicker which is the reason for the four rather than five but the price is good for the amount you receive.
on 8 March 2014
As a student I needed record cards to help with assignments and exams. These are exactly what I was looking for and much cheaper than what I could find on the high street. Delivery was speedy and I will be ordering these again.
on 23 April 2014
These days it's really hard to get hold of high quality index cards at a reasonable price. These cards are exactly what I needed. They're sturdy and feint ruled - not with the ugly dark lines you get on poor quality cards.
on 14 September 2014
Good quality cards, thicker and nicer to use than the Silvine ones. The best bit is that you can print on them too - so our revision cards are printed out - easier to read and replaceable if they get damaged or lost.

See one answered question