5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of Noise as you've never heard them before!
Forget the magical 'Moments In Love' and manic 'Close (To the Edit)', The Seduction of Claude Debussy is a far cry from the Art Of Noise from the early eighties.With an all new line up (But sadly no JJ Jeczalik or Gary Langan), and some great vocalists, this CD tells a musical story about Debussy using a perfect blend of classical, opera, dance, drum and bass with...
Published on 22 Jun. 2002 by Y. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Art I wanted
This is not chillout stuff. If you want Drum and Bass with classically derived themes, you'll be happy. If you know their earlier work, this is more Fin Du Temps than Crusoe.
The AON were often throwing big beats around, so I assumed references to drum and bass might be a bit off. They aren't. That's why I don't like it.
If you did, but want more music and...
Published on 8 Oct. 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars if i could give no stars - i would, 27 Jun. 2005
J. M. Edwards "tommydalek" (Croydon, Surrey) - See all my reviews
i just have to give some balance to the gushing reviews below. i am listening to this cd on my computer as the sun rises in croydon, uk. however, this apalling drivel is transporting me to cacksville, arizona. it has to be the most insanely pretentious, outdated, half-witted, plodding and frankly awful disc i've ever had the misfortune to listen to. some awful person "rapping" and name checking baudelaire had me gurning with grim delight, but apart from that i think i want to be physically ill. maybe i'll feel better after breakfast. thank god i didn't pay for this rubbish. a heartily appalled mesmerist.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not to my taste, 6 April 2009
Wow, this CD certainly divides opinion, doesn't it?

I found it dull and pretentious, frankly. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to achieve with this and, to be honest, I'm not sure if they managed it. If you're looking for tracks akin to Close(to the edit), Island, Crusoe etc then absolutely don't get this CD; you'll just feel ripped off.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 24 Feb. 2008
J. P. Sissons - See all my reviews
Got the CD as soon as a heard it was out. Love Art Of Noise but this one is rubbish I am sad to say. Desperately wanted to love this and tried to listen to it as much as I can but alas I cannot stomach it anymore.Not a patch on the previous albums which are all brilliant. Missed opportunity.Sorry it was crap.