5.0 out of 5 stars Making presentations more fun!
The August red-laser pen is a fantastic and cheap way to add a bit of childish glee into giving presentations or lectures.

Works perfectly even over a large distance (handy for giving lectures in Univeristy lecture halls), and only requires one AAA battery to use. Simple, cheap and effective. Well worth buying.
Published on 22 Mar 2009 by L. A. Blunt

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment
I don't think it even deserves one star to be honest.
I don't know whether I was sent a dodgy one but was useless and let me down on the day of my seminar presentation.
It worked once I put the battery in then within a few munities the whole thing started heating up and the laser no longer worked.

I have since sent it back and had a refund, Very...
Published on 21 Nov 2010 by M H L

5.0 out of 5 stars Making presentations more fun!, 22 Mar 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitting the battery, 19 Jan 2010
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
I was given one of these for Christmas as a bit of fun. It is nicely made and is about the size and shape of a fountain pen. Fitting the battery was a bit fiddly and the battery cap was tricky to remove. The end opposite the laser unscrews anticlockwise - but I had to use pliers to loosen it as the cap was fitted so tightly! Once the cap is removed the battery fits in the opposite way to that of a standard torch - the negative (flat) end goes in first against the internal spring, and the positive (raised) end presses against the cap as it is screwed back on. There are no instructions provided which explain this, also there is no locking button to activate the laser - just press and hold.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
I don't think it even deserves one star to be honest.

I have since sent it back and had a refund, Very disappointed indeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Laser Pointer, 9 Dec 2010
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
Placed battery into pointer. Light appeared and after a couple of seconds, and a small pop, the light went off. I noticed the end of the pointer getting very hot. I removed battery from pointer which was so hot I could not hold it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted., 31 July 2010
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 I received this pointer as a gift. Teased the cats with it for approximately 20mins then it no longer worked. Tried a new battery, no good. On further investigation, I noticed that the battery contact spring, bends to contact the metal case and shorts the battery out. All attempts to re align the spring and refit the battery have failed. I wonder if, in view of the number of positive reviews, there is a manufacturing defect with some, but not others. Will try for a swap.
Update: Emailed the manufacturer, returned faulty item & promptly received a replacement. It has been working for months on the same battery. The cats love it.
Update 2: Still working after nearly 3 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 2 Jun 2010
J. Taylor "Sparklehorse" (London Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
I bought this product for my cats to chase around after and it's brilliant! I was buying cheaper ones on the high street and they were rubbish! This is big, sturdy and takes a AAA battery which lasts for ages and the beam is very strong! Would recommend to anyone! -10/10..................

1.0 out of 5 stars Good start but it did not last...., 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
I was looking for a laser point with a AAA battery so I could use the rechargeable ones! Well, it was working ok but it did not last more than three weeks! I used it with the rechargeable battery and I smell something burning...then, there was no more light! Shame.

4.0 out of 5 stars Also for the amusment of cats!, 24 Mar 2009
Cadfael (Wirral, England) - See all my reviews
August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100

The pointer is as described. I bought it after a poor experience with a pointer that used non-rechargeable button batteries. This product uses a readily available AAA battery and works fine with a clear bright beam. Excellent for amusing cats as well as for lecturing. It did take me a couple of minutes to work out how to insert the battery; it wasn't obvious that the top unscrews by friction (well,it wasn't to me!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 16 Sep 2011
G. Allott (Crewe, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
hey, you, reading this. i wouldn't chance it if i were you, the product didn't work for this reviewer and y'know what, it hasn't worked for a lot of others too, maybe try somewhere else

1.0 out of 5 stars Red laser Lp 100, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: August Red Laser Presentation Pointer LP100 (Electronics)
The red laser light lasted only 3 weeks. I used it only twice. I could not get a new one from Amazon, not worth it
Really bad quality.