5.0 out of 5 stars Maculine scent / wonderful product
Coral Skin Food - A classic masculine rose scent. I use this with Truefitt & Hill Rose shave cream, T&H Spanish Leather aftershave and Davidoff Zino Cologne. A great scent, and I get alot of compliments. (I only use it in my post-shave treatment, so I will relay my thoughts to you from this perspective below).

So what is this product? Seems alot of gents get...
Published on 28 Feb 2012 by The Flying Scotsman

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but fades
I can only give this good product 3 stars due to how quickly it fades once applied.... the rose one stays fresher and lasts longer and it gets 5 stars.
Published 13 months ago by SG MCKECHNIE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Maculine scent / wonderful product, 28 Feb 2012

So what is this product? Seems alot of gents get confused by this. An aftershave? No. A moisturizer? No. I would describe this as a "moisture locker" to be used immediately after your shave, to "lock" the much needed moisture and goodness back into the skin so that the skin will be calm and irritation free, so you can continue with the after shaving process etc. The Coral bottle states that this product is a "soothing preparation for after shaving". So this is something you apply before you start hitting your face with other lotions and creams. I have 7 stages in my aftershave process (yes 7!), and it leaves me with amazing results. So here they are:

1. Cold water rinse (to start closing up the pores)
2. Alum block application (leave that on your face for 1 minute/stop any small cuts from bleedng etc.)
3. Cold water rinse
4. Apply skin food (your face must be wet, there must be water/moisture to 'lock' in, otherwise it may leave you with a 'greasy' feel - as some customers have described) - let it all absorb, the skin will be a little "tight" and irritaiton free
5. After shave lotion - dab in your hand with a little tap water and let the lotion breath a little, this will dissipate the alcohol content that may otherwise be aggresive on your skin (if you are using spirit based AS this is a tip I learned)
6. Apply an alcohol-free moisturizing balm
7. Apply cologne as a post-shave freshener

I have had great success with this approach, and I have ultra-sensitive skin and shave with very sharp Double Edge safety razor blades, so Skin Food has been critical for me. This is a great innovative product and I highly recommend using it in your post-shave routine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 10 Mar 2011
Paul Lynch (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Trumpers Coral Skin Food is a legendary product. The aroma is roses, which sounds possibly a touch effeminate for a men's shaving product; but, like Penhaligon's Hammam (the original cologne - the one that wasn't from Koln, that is :-)), is an integral part of the shaving experience. The base is mainly glycerine, which is very moisturising, and doesn't harm the skin (unlike alcohol based tonics and aftershaves).

The 100ml bottle is designed to dispense an ideally sized drop to treat your face, and experience tells me that it will last a little over one year (shaving a little less than every other day).

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class product !!!!, 7 Nov 2011
Whilst i have never bought this product from this particular company, i have been using this product direct from Trumpers) for in excess of 10 years. I started using this after having one of Trumpers excellent shaving lessons (don't mock , you'd be surprised how much difference it makes) and i swear by this product (particularly if you have sensitive skin and are susceptible to shaving rash). It has a non greasy soothing affect when applied immediately after shaving and is far superior to other similar products on the market. It may sound expensive but this generally lasts the best part of a year. I use this in conjunction with Trumpers Sandlewood Shaving cream and their badger hair (faux) shaving brush. Needless to say, i don't suffer from shaving rash and i always have a first class shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exotic scent / wonderful product, 28 Feb 2012
I would say this is the most intoxicating and seductive sandalwood scent I have come across. I use it with the accompanying Geo. shave cream and cologne and also the Crabtree & Evelyn balm, which is more geared at the Indian elements of Sandalwood, further adding to the surrounding mystery of the Geo. scent profile. (I only use it in my post-shave treatment, so I will relay my thoughts to you from this perspective below).

1. Cold water rinse (to start closing up the pores)
3. Cold water rinse
6. Apply an alcohol-free moisturizing balm
7. Apply cologne as a post-shave freshener

5.0 out of 5 stars Trumper comes up trumps, 14 April 2014
Excellent product with its subtle yet distinctive perfume and my skin is benefitting from the continual use. I just wish the bottle was bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best aftershave I ever bought, 28 Mar 2014
very nice feeling, it leave you with a nice cool smooth feeling. it's the only aftershave I buy now. Top rating for Quality/price

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit hit!!, 14 Feb 2014
I bought this product for my husband as he suffers terribly with shaving rash and ingrowing hairs. He's tried practically every product available on the high street and nothing really seemed to work. After some research I found this product and it lives up to all it's hype! My husband absolutely loves it and he now has practically no shaving rash or ingrowing hairs. Would recommend this product to anyone...plus it smells lovely too :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present, 30 Jan 2014
Much appreciated. Arrived well packaged and in plenty of time. Son-in-law loves this fragrance and it is difficult to get elsewhere for the price offered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pre and post shave, 24 Oct 2013
Bcb Wharton (London) - See all my reviews
I put this on before and after I shave. It helps soften up the hairs and is great to cool down the skin afterwards. I forgot to put it on before lathering up the other morning and the difference in the shave was noticeable. Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 Oct 2013
I wish I found about the skin food many years ago. It really makes a difference. Strongly recommended. Don't forget to apply it to wet skin.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food (200 ml)
22.00