5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me!!
Published on 22 May 2010 by D. Mooney

2.0 out of 5 stars - Yes absolutely and its very good until.
Same review as for the other brace I bought - It has exactly the same problems

The product can be broken down into 2 categories :

1. Does it work? - Yes absolutely and its very good until............
2. How long does it last? - Not very long at all!!!! I wore this once a week to play cricket over a 2 month period. The velcro lost grip every week...
Published 9 months ago by N. Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me!!, 22 May 2010
D. Mooney - See all my reviews
This review is from: Neo G MEDICAL GRADE STABILISED OPEN KNEE with PATELLA SUPPORT- THE ULTIMATE SKIERS SUPPORT (Lots of Support & Bounce) (Misc.)
I bought this about a month ago. I'm old and decrepit (55) but desperate to get back into playing gentle 5-a-side football after a knee operation (arthroscopy)to repair a a nasty tear to the meniscus and remove other bits of worn out cartilidge (it's an age thing!!). As a result there's not a lot of cartlidge left and there is a bit of arthritis. If you can relate to this then this product may be what you're looking for.

I read all the reveiws but couldn't see anything that I thought would be helpful specifically to my problem. This one seemed the closest so I took a chance on it and it works! It keeps the knee stable and applies compression in all the right places and whilst I'll probably not be fit enough in time to make the world cup squad I can at least 'limp' round the 5 a side pitch in relative comfort.

It's great to wear at the gym or during exercise of any kind but I imagine it would become uncomfortable if it was worn all day for general support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and supportive, 14 July 2010
I have no cartilage in my right knee and painful osteo-arthritis, but I still want to be able to go "gentle" hill walking with the family. This product is ideal for me and allows me to join in when we go out. It's very supportive and quite comfie, it isn't too restrictive like some of the others. I can loosen or tighten it while it's being worn, but don't try to wear it under tight jeans or trousers! I would give this 5 stars but for one problem... it's makes my knee soaking wet!
This does not breath and won't allow any air circulation, well it's neoprene isn't it! I may have to make something to be worn underneath because when it's wet it rubs the skin. I am still going to buy another for my left knee, even with the sweat problem because it's the best for comfort I've found so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 21 Mar. 2011
I have bought this product after damaging my medial ligament, whilst out for a run, without my orthotics. My knee has felt supported and has started to heal nicely. Also it has allowed me to stay active, not running but i can still walk 5k a day. I'm looking forward to starting running again, and i think i will wear this for the first few weeks. A good product, if in doubt, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Support, 31 Aug. 2010
I bought this item because I need a patello-femoral replacement due to stage 4 arthritis. Before using the support I had pain every day and couldnt do much exercise therefore a holiday to London with plenty of sight seeing was worrying. I wore it each day and carried my 4 year old 75% of the time on my shoulders, it is fantastic. I only take it off to bath, sleep or watch telly. No Pain

5.0 out of 5 stars Stability At Last, 29 Mar. 2011
Bad knees as result of over-exuberance in sporting endeavour... mainly in the past now!!
Several operations later and arthritis has set in.
Assistance needed to keep upright when playing golf(my last sporting indulgence).
Have tried several varieties of strapping but found them ineffectual or uncomfortable or both. This seemed to be an option and it seems to work. As has been commented, it can get a bit warm when worn for several hours but in the great scheme of things, I am content with the trade-off of noticable improvement in stable movement against a hot knee.
Very pleased I invested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, yet flexible, another good Neo G support, 4 Nov. 2012
After years of knee problems and different examinations, I am well used to knee supports, I have had countless variants, this being my third purchase of a Neo G support, sadly the support needed seems to keep increasing due to my refusal to take it easy, and this is the most technical one I have had yet. A previous Neo G support was the next level down, very similar, but without the stabilizing metal bits, That one lasted one a while, but whilst still giving support, the velcro wore out. Feeling I needed more support I went for this one, to use when struggling or punishing myself. So far it seems to work well, feels like it holds the knee right, minimizing me doing something silly, After a while you hardly notice its there. Other reviews I read stated it wasn't very flexible, which I have to disagree with, just keep adjusting it till its right.

So all in all a good all round support, only doesn't get a 5* rating because I'm hard to please! I am making sure to store it so the velcro doesn't stick needlessly, to help trying extend the products long term life span. Tip is never to wear a support all the time, it can minimize muscle regeneration. I look forward to trying it when I ski!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top support, 2 Feb. 2011
I play football once a week on astroturf and tweaked something in my left knee. I had been having physio for a few weeks before I was told to purchase a knee support. The one that was recommended by my physio was discontinued so I had a look on here at Amazon and saw this which, although not the same and was slightly more expensive gave the kind of support my knee required.
Initially I found the support quite uncomfortable especially round the knee cap. But after only 10 minutes of running I almost forgot I was wearing the support. Very comfortable and although it is not the most eye catching thing you will ever wear, it certainly worked for me.
I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ski Support, 17 Feb. 2010
I bought this knee support to where while sking, It is really supportive and comfortable. I can easily adjust the straps to make it fit perfectly. Once I have been wearing it for a few minutes I can completely forget that its there, while it still offers my knee the support I need. I will be purchasing one for the other leg. Best knee support out there, excellent value for money, totally satisfied customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Suprisingly Good Product!, 25 July 2011
A. Atkins "Acca" (UK) - See all my reviews
A couple of things to note. Whilst I don't know if this product is appropriate for other peoples knee problems, it's had a dramatic impact on my downhill walking abilities after 20 years of acute pain, several courses of physiotherapy, injections, ultrasound and even MRI scans. It's also a very specific problem that I have, as I can walk up a mountain with relative ease, but can be in agony with ligament problems after 500m of downhill walking on even gentle slopes (and using poles as virtual crutches!). I bought this support to see if if the stabilised element (not something I'd tried before) would make a difference. Well, after 3 descents over the last 2 weeks in Skye's steep Cuillin Mountains, it definitely did - just the usual leg weariness from that kind of walking and by the end of the holiday, I'd stopped worrying about whether I'd get down. Frankly, a revelation. At this price, if you don't want full rigid support, but normal supports aren't helping, it's got to be worth trying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neo-G knee support, 18 Aug. 2010
I have an unstable knee after reconstruction of an anterior cruciate ligament. I found other knee supports too large - I'm under 5ft weigh 40 kg and the three adjustable straps mean that comfortable support can be provided even for someone my size. It's a wrap-around item so it means for example, that I don't need to take off my slalom boots everytime I want to put on/ take off the knee support - as I've had to with others. I can bike, play tennis and climb with it on. It does get a wee bit damp after training but dries off reasonably quickly if you remember to air it! Haven't tried skiing with it yet though. I've actually managed to wreck my other knee (also skiing) just a few months after surgery, so looks like I need to buy another one. It won't replace the ligaments I've torn, nor is it a substitute for the regular training needed to stabilise the knees- but it's a reminder that there is an injury there.