4.0 out of 5 stars great knee support
i have arthritis in my knee and a problem with wearing supports all day is rubbing behind the knee. This support works a treat, fits neatly and securely. i wouldn't normally write a review, but it helped me, so hopefully you won't be disappointed.
Published 17 months ago by alan hoskins

2.0 out of 5 stars not bad
This product was good initially but have discovered that after using it for a couple of months the velcro does not stick anymore so cannot use it. Initially it worked very well but I would suggest a different fastening method as I now cannot use this product at all
Published 19 months ago by anita

4.0 out of 5 stars great knee support, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Neo G MEDICAL GRADE OPEN PATELLA KNEE SUPPORT 'breathable design' (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A sturdy product, 12 Aug 2013
I bought this for my mother (aged 50) who has very bad arthritis in her knees and cannot have a knee replacement for at least another 8 years so she is in a lot of pain on a daily basis. To help her manage the pain she goes on regular walks and I bought her this support to wear while she is walking. She has said that wearing this whist walking has made a difference and makes her feel more secure and supported. I would recommend this to anyone who has issues with their knees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep on running!, 17 Dec 2013
I've recently started running again after a long lay off, but a persistent ache in my right knee at the base of the patella was threatening to derail my fitness plans. Even if I 'ran through' the pain it took any pleasure out of the run and made it a bit of an ordeal. I bought this knee support in the hope it would make a difference, it looked like a sensible piece of kit that might actually do what it claims, and - yes - I was impressed, or at least hopeful, that it was described as medical grade. Anyway it's been great over the past few weeks, it really does provide support and there's been no pain. One earlier reviewer says that the middle strap makes it uncomfortable to wear - not at all in my experience, although it's important not to overtighten the straps. I actually forget I'm wearing it when I'm running. After a lengthy run or heavy gym session I do find I've sweated quite a lot under the support (not surprising really!) but it dries out quickly and is ready to go. I'd definitely recommend this product and seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 July 2010
Having severe osteo arthritis and recovering from a snapped patella tendon I need a knee support. I have tried dozens of makes and types and for me this is the best. Initially I ignored these because having large lets be honest fat legs, I doubted if One-Size-Fits_All would be any use as many other makes with sizing XXL, XL etc are too tight. IF this is of any interest my measurements (circumferences in cm) are knee 50, mid thigh 65, mid calf 50. Other makes and models are often too tight on my calf but the wrap round adjustable design of this support makes it ideal. Warm comfortable and doesn't roll or move - easily worn all day without any need for readjustments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - cured my 'runner's knee', 22 Aug 2013
I have bought 4 of these now. Not because I am some sort of freak with too many knees, but because I was suffering from a dull patella pain while running, and my mother wanted some support for walking due to dodgy knees.

I don't remember seeing in the instructions which way up they should go, but it seems to make a big difference... After some experimentation I found it's best to put them on with your legs slightly bent, with the washing instruction label on the top for your right leg, and on the bottom for your left. The straps have to be fastened fairly tightly to prevent them from slipping down (the top one in particular). I'm sure it's 'breathable' when you just use it for walking but it gets quite toasty in there during a run. However, this is quite welcome on cooler days, and luckily the material doesn't seem to retain the moisture or smell of sweat for long. After using them for a few months, I can now run about 10 miles without any knee pain (I'm not saying that I get knee pain after 10 miles, that's just the distance limit of my fitness at the moment).

I briefly used them for walking as well, while I was recovering from my initial 'runner's knee'. They did the trick, although they're quite chunky, so you wouldn't be able to get away with them in tight jeans. My mother has only used them for a few days so far and says that she can definitely feel an improvement, but it's too early to say whether they've made a big difference for her. I think that even if they're a fraction as successful as they have been for me, they're still a very good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the money!, 8 Feb 2014
Having researched several other supports this one appeared the best buy in terms of what other reviewers had said.

I have ligament trouble in that they appear too long & refuse to hold my knee steady. Hence it is easily twisted most days & I often suffer bursitis as a consequence. I enjoy spinning & gym work outs & would also like to start running.

This support has made such a difference to my life. I only wear it when exercising but it supports my knee comfortably & to an extent that I am confident to push it a bit. Over the past 4 weeks my knee has improved steadily and I have only twisted it a couple of times (previously it was every day!). I have even managed to run for short periods on the treadmill!

I didn't find it confusing as to which way up on the knee it went. The label clearly goes at the top as a) that part of the support is slightly wider & b) the wording on the label is the right way up in this position so I thought it was a good assumption to make. The first few times I wore this over my leggings & it kept sliding down. However, as soon as I put it directly onto my skin & leggings over it I've not had it slip down yet.

Fitting: being a larger lady I can safely say it fits very well & would fit those much bigger than myself but equally would fit those of average size. I find it easier to slightly bend the knee to get the patella hole positioned correctly, then tighten up the middle strap before the bottom then top ones.

Heat: as others have said it does get a bit hot around your knee but it's not uncomfortable & I generally only notice once I've finished exercising.

I hope this review is useful to someone as I know I had so many questions when tying to chose the right support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Arthritic Knees, 1 Feb 2011
As you get older, your knees need all the help they can get- and this brace can help a lot. It uses two sturdy velcro straps to hold it in place and keep it from sliding around. Several other features of this brace:

-you'll probably sweat less in it than other braces because its made to be breathable
-the cut out hole for your knee cap seems to be reinforced around the edges- unlike some braces where its just a hole with no extra support

Get it if your knees feel like a little extra support would do them some good- I don't think people with knee arthritis will be disappointed. Remember though, the brace supports the knee, and doesn't do anything to strengthen it and get it into better shape- highly recommend checking out Treat Your Own Knee Arthritis for that. Good luck!

1.0 out of 5 stars Neo G Medical supports, 25 Dec 2013
Philip Macve - See all my reviews
These Knee supports are rubbish, the velcro tabs barely last a month. I wear mine twice a week and have had this one about a month and already the velcro tabs don't stick so they are pretty useless. I won't buy another support with velcro straps.

2.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 4 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!!!!!, 12 May 2011
Got 2 of these after i was starting to feel it on my knees from lots of running and wanted something to help cause i dont want to stop running. tried them for the first time and... They are brilliant!!!!!! Didnt feel a thing in my knees and almost felt like i was running a little better cause was'nt having to think about my knees, seemed to stop all side ways movement in the joints, im well chuffed.