4.0 out of 5 stars great knee support
i have arthritis in my knee and a problem with wearing supports all day is rubbing behind the knee. This support works a treat, fits neatly and securely. i wouldn't normally write a review, but it helped me, so hopefully you won't be disappointed.
Published on 13 Feb. 2013 by alan hoskins

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, could be better
Knee brace basically does its job, but the velcro straps are absolutely rubbish. They curl up on themselves after not a lot of use, don't really stick all too well, and basically make them useless unless you sew on your own velcro!
Published 7 months ago by Max Dymond

4.0 out of 5 stars great knee support, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Neo G MEDICAL GRADE OPEN PATELLA KNEE SUPPORT 'breathable design' (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - cured my 'runner's knee', 22 Aug. 2013
I have bought 4 of these now. Not because I am some sort of freak with too many knees, but because I was suffering from a dull patella pain while running, and my mother wanted some support for walking due to dodgy knees.

I don't remember seeing in the instructions which way up they should go, but it seems to make a big difference... After some experimentation I found it's best to put them on with your legs slightly bent, with the washing instruction label on the top for your right leg, and on the bottom for your left. The straps have to be fastened fairly tightly to prevent them from slipping down (the top one in particular). I'm sure it's 'breathable' when you just use it for walking but it gets quite toasty in there during a run. However, this is quite welcome on cooler days, and luckily the material doesn't seem to retain the moisture or smell of sweat for long. After using them for a few months, I can now run about 10 miles without any knee pain (I'm not saying that I get knee pain after 10 miles, that's just the distance limit of my fitness at the moment).

I briefly used them for walking as well, while I was recovering from my initial 'runner's knee'. They did the trick, although they're quite chunky, so you wouldn't be able to get away with them in tight jeans. My mother has only used them for a few days so far and says that she can definitely feel an improvement, but it's too early to say whether they've made a big difference for her. I think that even if they're a fraction as successful as they have been for me, they're still a very good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for my knee pain from running., 15 April 2013
Mark Brill (UK) - See all my reviews
I just took up running after discovering the existence of the couch to 5k plan. I used to run in my school and university days but not for a long time now and every year lately I've tried to get back into it before giving up. This plan keeps me nicely motivated - I love it!

Unfortunately, after my second run my left knee hurt a bit and after my third it hurt a lot and for a few days. I thought my brief running career was at an early end until a friend suggested I got a knee support. I stuck that into amazons search and this came up on top with over 200 reviews and a high average so I thought I'd give it ago!

I've been out twice more and my knee has been much better. Instead, the muscles around it have tended to ache which is a lot less distressing than the joint! From what I've read this makes sense as knee trouble from running can often be caused by weak or inflexible leg muscles (or unsuitable shoes) more often than actual knee issues. Stretching exercises and Wii Fit suggest this is indeed the case with my left leg seemingly weaker and less flexible than my right.

This support seems to be keeping my knee in shape and making the leg muscles do their job properly so hopefully with that and the stretching, they'll strengthen up and I'll be fine. And in the mean time, this support can keep me running!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Arthritic Knees, 1 Feb. 2011
As you get older, your knees need all the help they can get- and this brace can help a lot. It uses two sturdy velcro straps to hold it in place and keep it from sliding around. Several other features of this brace:

-you'll probably sweat less in it than other braces because its made to be breathable
-the cut out hole for your knee cap seems to be reinforced around the edges- unlike some braces where its just a hole with no extra support

Get it if your knees feel like a little extra support would do them some good- I don't think people with knee arthritis will be disappointed. Remember though, the brace supports the knee, and doesn't do anything to strengthen it and get it into better shape- highly recommend checking out Treat Your Own Knee Arthritis for that. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the money!, 8 Feb. 2014
Having researched several other supports this one appeared the best buy in terms of what other reviewers had said.

I have ligament trouble in that they appear too long & refuse to hold my knee steady. Hence it is easily twisted most days & I often suffer bursitis as a consequence. I enjoy spinning & gym work outs & would also like to start running.

This support has made such a difference to my life. I only wear it when exercising but it supports my knee comfortably & to an extent that I am confident to push it a bit. Over the past 4 weeks my knee has improved steadily and I have only twisted it a couple of times (previously it was every day!). I have even managed to run for short periods on the treadmill!

I didn't find it confusing as to which way up on the knee it went. The label clearly goes at the top as a) that part of the support is slightly wider & b) the wording on the label is the right way up in this position so I thought it was a good assumption to make. The first few times I wore this over my leggings & it kept sliding down. However, as soon as I put it directly onto my skin & leggings over it I've not had it slip down yet.

Fitting: being a larger lady I can safely say it fits very well & would fit those much bigger than myself but equally would fit those of average size. I find it easier to slightly bend the knee to get the patella hole positioned correctly, then tighten up the middle strap before the bottom then top ones.

Heat: as others have said it does get a bit hot around your knee but it's not uncomfortable & I generally only notice once I've finished exercising.

I hope this review is useful to someone as I know I had so many questions when tying to chose the right support.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sturdy product, 12 Aug. 2013
I bought this for my mother (aged 50) who has very bad arthritis in her knees and cannot have a knee replacement for at least another 8 years so she is in a lot of pain on a daily basis. To help her manage the pain she goes on regular walks and I bought her this support to wear while she is walking. She has said that wearing this whist walking has made a difference and makes her feel more secure and supported. I would recommend this to anyone who has issues with their knees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 July 2010
Having severe osteo arthritis and recovering from a snapped patella tendon I need a knee support. I have tried dozens of makes and types and for me this is the best. Initially I ignored these because having large lets be honest fat legs, I doubted if One-Size-Fits_All would be any use as many other makes with sizing XXL, XL etc are too tight. IF this is of any interest my measurements (circumferences in cm) are knee 50, mid thigh 65, mid calf 50. Other makes and models are often too tight on my calf but the wrap round adjustable design of this support makes it ideal. Warm comfortable and doesn't roll or move - easily worn all day without any need for readjustments.

5.0 out of 5 stars really helps !!!, 31 Jan. 2013
Hi
I brought this item because my knees were hurting after long distance running. They really keep the knees heated (material absorbs heat) and the support they provide is excellent. They have 3 straps and ive washed them, seem fine, even friends at work have brought them. They are a tad bit expensive, but worth it. i even wear them all day at work sometimes and it helps my skinny knees!!
thanks for reading
markus

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, could be better, 6 Dec. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Really worked for me, 10 Jan. 2015
I'm a runner. About six months ago I developed a chronic pain in my right knee, which eventually started to get bad enough that even walking was a struggle. I tried other knee supports without any success and was resigned to giving up running altogether. I gave it a couple of months off until the pain had lessened, then as a last resort I bought one of these when I decided to resume training again.

I wore it around the house for a day or two and I was astonished by the way it seemed to deal with the pain in my knee. On the day I went back to training I strapped it tightly around my knee and ran a 3k, then a gym session, then a 2k (which is pretty mild for me). Although I could still feel my knee wasn't 100%, the pain did not flare up again, which it had done every time previously.

Since then I've run a couple of 5k's, and my knee is holding up well using this support. In fact, it continues to improve. I can only say that so far the Neo G has helped me immensely and I hope it continues. I would recommend anyone in my situation to try it out, as it really worked for me.