on 3 August 2002
It's true that the narration style of Prunella Scales is cool and restrained, but that is entirely in keeping with the tone of her script. The music sparkles, and The Nutcracker is full of memorable tunes that children warm to. Can it hold up against all the competition for kids' attention at Christmas? I think it probably can.
on 29 January 2013
A wonderful introduction to classical music. Purchased with a book about a ballerina and the Nutcracker suite-she loved it and has listened to it every day.
on 8 January 2014
I thought my daughter (aged 5) would love this. Her favourite bedtime story is The Nutcracker and she loves the music. But the sound quality is poor and you have to keep adjusting the volume in order to hear the story and the quieter passages of music, then lower it or risk your eardrums for the louder bits. I wouldn't recommend this one
on 31 December 2013
Ordered this cd as I love the music, loved the story being told by Prunella Scales which along with the music is pure magic. Would definatly recommend for adults as well as children.
on 29 December 2013
I love this classical music I have heard this suite many times but never owned the record or disc, I do now and highly recomend it to anyone, buy it and listen to it.
on 30 October 2014
Too much talking and not enough music but good value for money fine for little girls
on 19 September 2015
The delivery was very quick and I'm very pleased with a CD. I can listen to both stories for hours.
on 12 May 2016
My little girl and I just love this CD. I cannot wait until she is old enough to go and see the ballet for real.
on 30 December 2014
My daughter loves the ballet and loves the music. Great service
on 9 January 2016
My grandsons were transfixed.