5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic introduction to Verdi's finest opera, 3 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This CD is a wonderful budget-priced introduction to what is, in my humble opinion, Verdi's greatest opera. Whilst the recording features low-key names and a far from famous orchestra, it is in fact a superb rendering. Since buying this CD I have also purchased the full opera on the Decca label, with Dame Joan Sutherland in the lead role, but I must say that in places I prefer Krause's interpretations. I particulary enjoy her delivery in the duet Un di felice.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this cd to any classical music lover who has yet to discover the magic of opera.

5.0 out of 5 stars wafted away on a dream of sound, 29 Mar 2014
Mrs. E. A. Brockway "Liz Brockway" (Winchester UK) - See all my reviews
This has arrived safely and I have already been playing it. One of my favourite operas which I went to see again very recently. This is a good recording. It arrived swiftly and well packed. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Wife Like it, 9 Oct 2013
We're off to see this opera quite soon and we needed a taster which this CD provides. It seemed a poor recording to me, so I wasn't impressed, but my wife likes it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, 9 May 2013
This is my favourite opera and I really enjoyed this highlights cd . I would recommend this to anyone whether or not they were opera lovers as the performances are excellent.