Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.59

on 3 March 2002
This CD is a wonderful budget-priced introduction to what is, in my humble opinion, Verdi's greatest opera. Whilst the recording features low-key names and a far from famous orchestra, it is in fact a superb rendering. Since buying this CD I have also purchased the full opera on the Decca label, with Dame Joan Sutherland in the lead role, but I must say that in places I prefer Krause's interpretations. I particulary enjoy her delivery in the duet Un di felice.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this cd to any classical music lover who has yet to discover the magic of opera.
on 16 March 2015
Really loved this belong to streewise opera a workshop programme who work with homeless folk we are doin this oprea . Real cool to hear it in its original form . Fab
on 29 March 2014
This has arrived safely and I have already been playing it. One of my favourite operas which I went to see again very recently. This is a good recording. It arrived swiftly and well packed. Thank you.
on 9 May 2013
This is my favourite opera and I really enjoyed this highlights cd . I would recommend this to anyone whether or not they were opera lovers as the performances are excellent.
on 9 October 2013
We're off to see this opera quite soon and we needed a taster which this CD provides. It seemed a poor recording to me, so I wasn't impressed, but my wife likes it.
on 16 August 2015