Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.99

on 30 August 2008
One of the greatest bands ever, with wonderful songs, melodies, anthems, musicianship. This album is so worth getting for anyone wanting a musical history of the band and some of their best material, but the first six albums from the original line up are all brilliant. Highly recommended.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 October 2011
Whichever way you've got to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd and by which song, whether a melodic slowie like Tuesday's Gone and Sweet Home Alabama, or like me, on the radio, that classic three-lead guitar epic Freebird, I bet there's a song on this Best Of that every rock fan will have heard of, and know.

So many of these tracks are still covered by pub bands on a Saturday night up and down the country. And, the CD artwork has U.S Driving rock written all over it and it will knock spots off many purpose compiled 'road' albums. To me, though, it's On the Hunt, with its growling bass and rhythm guitars riffing with a tinkling boogie keyboard that just steals the show. You can just wallow in its loud glory as the lead guitar wails about like a mad banshee.

Now that this CD now costs mere pocket-money, where it was definitely worth buying at full price, you get a whole chunk of great, American classic rock on one album. Bargain of the decade!
on 27 August 2008
Without doubt the finest band ever to grace the planet. This is an excellent collection but each of their first 6 albums are real gems. They would have gone on to become a worldwide phenomenon if not for unfortunate events in october 1977.
on 29 January 2010
This band rock better than most any other on the planet,take one listen to this fabulous classic set and you'll see what I mean.Tracks from their greatest hits period by a band that packs em in all over the world even now.This is full of great Lynyrd rock anthems like,'Workin','What's Your Name','Whisky Rock a Roller','Freebird' and of course 'Sweet Home Alabama' not to mention the best ever version outside of writer J.J.Cale's own of 'Call Me The Breeze'.Sixteen fabulous tracks by just about the best rockin' n boogiein' bands around.This is the compilation of their greatest hits and no serious or fun loving rock or pop fan should miss out on it.Put it on your player,go to track 11,and boogie along to'Down South Junkin' and man you will be hooked.
Umissable release by a truly great band,and back here this year on tour.
on 6 April 2013
I really enjoyed this cd,many of my favourites on here and a few songs that I wasnt so familiar with. I bought this after hearing these guys on Planet Rock radio,and obviously I knew of Free Bird and Sweet Home Alabama but there are many great tracks here not just these two.
on 9 April 2013
I heared a song at the end of one of the episodes of Californification - looked it up and it was Free Bird. I bought the album for that song only. Free Bird rocks - my goodness, especiall after 4.4 minutes. Tell me you don't start taping something. It's a very good album, not particularly my style, but Free Bird has to be one of the greatest.
on 23 May 2012
Where was I back in the seventies, on some other planet? How could I have missed the heyday of this great rock band? Thank the Lord for BBC 4 and the Amazon music store for saving me from missing out on the gritty lyrics of Ronnie Van Zant and the spine tingling duels of guitar outlaws so poor they had to collect pop bottles to buy new strings for their instruments! But hey, never too late, now I'm in my seventies a tv reprise of the band's canon sent me eagerly searching and hey presto, Greatest Hits, the perfect introduction to the unique sound of Lynyrd Skynyrd. From the anthems, Sweet Home.. and Free Bird to the allegorical Saturday Night Special and Gimme Three Steps, this collection is a great entree; makes you want to get the rest. For non aficionados Ron O'Brian's accompanying notes add texture to the CD with a spot on life-and-times narrative which puts Lynyrd Skynyrd atop the rock Pantheon. I'm just glad I found them before it was too late, and I can't praise Greatest Hits too highly. So if you see an old rocker in a LS tee-shirt, bet your boots it'll be me.
on 20 November 2012
Ah...Takes me back to school life - had a band a covered Freebird.

This is when bands were `real' musicians - where did that go?

The days before Autotune, when talent was more important than image.

These days it's all looks and no substance.

God...I've turned into my father!

Buy it! This is how it should be!
on 19 May 2013
Loved these songs since I was a girl and couldn't wait to remind myself of how good they are. Play it in the car very loudly with the windows open and enjoy the disapproving looks as you pass by.Magic.
on 19 June 2012
Although happy to have all the tracks on this CD, I was quite disappointed with the somewhat 'tinny' sound. Not the best quality, but will do if your car does not have a particularly expensive stereo system and you want to listen to it while driving, as I do! I have a Classic Rock Collection which has one of the tracks of this CD and the difference in sound quality is big.