5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!
Published on 2 Mar 2006 by Maxineliz

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Education?
I must admit that I'm a slow learner. Having bought Kayne's excellent 'College Drop Out' CD just a few weeks ago, I thought I'd get another dose of America's most innovative rap star on this new outing. I have to say, though, for the average listener, this just isn't as melodic, accessible or musically interesting as the last album. Yes there are some good sample beds,...
Published on 17 Sep 2005 by M. Duffett

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, 2 Mar 2006
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
This album is wicked. I loved College Dropout but Late Registration just beats it hands down! His lyrics are innovative, funny and meaningful....all at the same time lol. His beats are catchy, funky, jazzy and completely different. For me, the best tracks on the album are Heard 'Em Say, Touch The Sky, Drive Slow, Roses, Addiction, Diamonds and Gone. Can't wait for the next album!
The skits are funny as well
Oh yeah....i totally recommend you see him in concert...he is AMAZING!!! He is great with the crowd

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 10 Jan 2008
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
There are some great tracks on here that obviously have been created by a musical genius. A fantastic album that to me is one of the best hip-hop/ rap albums i've ever heard. My favourite tracks that i'm still listening to 2 years after buying the album: Gone, My way home... Actually I listen to every track regularly theyre all great.

4.0 out of 5 stars G.O.O.D. music, 29 May 2006
Christopher Hall (North Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
Although I'm a massive Kanye fan, this album didn't really "click" with me as quickly as his last -- but after a couple of listens it definitely packs a punch... and a mighty one at that. 'Gold Digger', 'Crack Music', 'Roses', 'We Major', 'Hey Mama', and 'Gone' are by far my favourite tracks, though the rest of the album ain't half bad either.

Roll on album #3.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Ye - stop invading my head space!, 7 Sep 2005
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
On first listening, I didn't think too highly of this album. Songs like 'We Major', 'Crack Music', 'Celebration' and 'I'll Be Late for That' really blew me away though and over the week and a half of release I've now realised that I've listened to Late Registration over 20 times and - when I'm not listening to it - it reverberates in my head.
College Dropout probably had a more complete and coherent feel to it, but LR has taken 'Ye to another level, especially with the orchestration and musical proficiency of John Brion.
A classic? Nearly. Something feels a little incomplete or forced about it, but - as one review stated - only a hip-hop artist could have made a pop album like this. And Kanye West is probably the only hip-hop artist who can.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Achievement, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
I purchased Late Registration years ago on its release, but as I grew tired of Rap and Hip Hop, I sold many of the albums I owned, releases from artists such as Eminem, Dre, 50 Cent, Game and indeed Kanye. But while I still don't like the direction that West has gone in since Graduation, I was pleasantly surprised when I returned to this album recently. I remembered that what stood out about Late Registration was its soul and classic RnB elements, as well as its ability to tell stories. So, I repurchased it and I'm glad I did so.

As the title says, this album is a genuine achievement.

5.0 out of 5 stars YEEEEEEEEAH, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Late Registration [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Great album with good beats and jazzy melodies with good features and great rapping aswell. Recommended to anyone who likes kanye

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man Talks Sense, 6 May 2006
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
The one thing I admire about Kanye West is the fact that he raps about real issues and important things that actually matter.

In my opinion, Hip-Hop/Rap - whatever you want to call it, has killed itself over the last few years because the artists are just repeatedly telling us about all the women, guns, drugs etc that they own.

Quite frankly, Im bored of it.

Kanye West has real talent, and this, along with The College Dropout, proves it.

"Gold Digger", "Roses", "Diamonds...", "Hey Mama" and "Gone" are among the highlights in this exceptional collection of bright, fresh and innovative songs.

In my humble opinion, this is what Hip-Hop should be about, not the glamorous bore it has rapidly become.

If you want real talent, real music and just damn good tunes, you'd be well advised to purchase Kanye's work.

This, along with the previous album is what Hip-Hop has needed all along.

Long Live Kanye

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh. My. God., 6 Sep 2005
C. Knightley "Carrie" (Exeter, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
I was proved wrong yesterday when I continued my ongoing proclamation that The College Dropout was the most amazing album ever made. This album fell into my hands.
I was sceptical before putting it into the stereo, thinking nothing could ever top the masterpiece that is The College Dropout. Looking into the booklet and seeing notes like "contains samples from the Curtis Mayfield recording 'Move On Up'" made me worry, as this is a classic song, and it to ruin it would be disastrous.
I was blown away. Kanye's ability to mix samples is just out of this world-he truly justified 'Move On Up', along with the classy uses of 'Diamonds are forever' and 'I Got A Woman'.
My expectations were reached and then exceeded when I heard the supporting artists-Adam Levine provides a cool alternative to the usual rappers, and Brandy just sounds amazing on any track she does. Jamie Foxx brings a classy sound to 'Gold Digger', seeing as he seems to be Ray Charles reincarnated. The obvious collaborations of Jay-Z, Common and Nas weren't repetitive as I had feared, instead showing their experience and their ability to bring power to a record.
I also liked Kanye's cheekiness in stealing lines from his hip hop counterparts-like "Forever? Forever-ever? Forever-ever?" from Outkast and "Unless you gon' do it" from Nelly.
I hoped that Kanye would bring a touch of humour to Late Registration, as I had loved listening to his satirical take on the college system. I was not disappointed-I loved hearing the Broke Flat Broke fraternity, commenting on how 'poor blacks' in America view their input to society. Hilarious-"Do you remember when we had to eat our cereal with a fork just to save the milk? Do you remember at Christmas when your mama walked in the room pretending to be the Christmas tree?"
My favourite tracks are most definetly "Heard 'Em Say", "Gold Digger" and "Bring Me Down", although this is subject to change as I listen time and time again to this amazing album.
Usually I hate it when I'm proved wrong, but this is an exception. Late Registration is a production masterpiece that should be noted as just, well, amazing.
Well done, Mr West.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but no College Dropout, 5 Sep 2005
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
I was converted to a Kanye West fan after I saw him do an amazing performance of Diamonds a few months back. I bought the single and loved it. I bought college dropout and loved it more. So, I was awaiting the release of Late Registration eagerly...
Well, I bought and listened to it.. and... it's pretty good. But not great. College Dropout was one of those rare albums where you can play it from the first track to the last track and feel as though you have listened to something special, every tune on their was a winner.
The trouble with Late Registration, it just isnt like that. There are flashes of brilliance, beats that get you moving, samples you find yourself humming, and also, lyrics that are fresh and original. But these are flashes. I find myself listening to album, and pressing the 'skip' button more often than I'd like.
The verdict. Buy it, it is good, but it feels like a minor disappointment. Still well worth the cash though.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 21 Feb 2006
N. G. Roberts "nat_r_1988" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
i purchased this album the day it was released and put it straight into my cd player. it was a pleasure to listen to the marvelous kanye west and his second new age classic album. when i first listened to this masterpiece i felt a little let down following the ever so impressive college dropout yet by the end of the day it was one of my fave albums of all time. it did not leave my cd player for weeks i just adored it and still do today. in fact i write this review listening to probably the best song of last year, 'Golddigga'. a pure stroke of genius from a rapper who doesn't revert to rapping about guns violence and hustling.