Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 27 September 2005
I came across this band when I was browsing the net and found out they were out on tour with Taproot, POD and Staind. Three bands that individually I have alot of respect for. Flyleaf could have been that worthless tag along band.... but oh no.
Flyleaf don't have an exactly orginal sound, a blaytent mix of velvet revolver with early deftones percussion. But the rifts are hard paced with big open chorus, the verses play out gentle with effects heavy guitar. What makes Flyleaf is their gentle angelic lead singer. Her voice could be compared to a decent Avril or Otep in places, but she manages to complete hard rock with a female voice. Her gentle approach to the music that is very loud is a perfect mixture. If you have Lacuna Coil in your collection you must own this record. It's dirty rock but with beauty. Did i mention she can let out a pretty amazing scream as well? :)
Have a listen to their songs "I'm So Sick" and "Fully Alive" on their website.
VINE VOICEon 31 January 2008
They must be hoping it's third time lucky for Flyleaf as this, the third version of their 2006 album, hits the shops in time for their tour with Korn. Originally out in the UK in 2006, last year saw a CD/DCD combo, but now the album returns shorn of the DVD but with 3 acoustic tracks tacked on.

And their paymasters must be looking for a return, as so far they've ponied up money for 3 Doors Down producer Rick Parasher and Kevin Shirley to work on their debut EP, and then bringing in Howard Benson to produce the album. Bung in tour support for US dates with Taproot and Staind, as well as their current Korn jaunt, and that's serious investment.

And Flyleaf are very good. Mind you, they're very good in a 1999 post grunge style, that may not endear them to the teenie metalcore fans, but if you're looking for some crazy assed POD / Evanescence hybrid, then this may be what you're looking for.

They've got drive and passion, the big voiced, petite, rock chick singer, the driving rhythm section, some excellent guitar work from Sameer Bhattacharya and Jared Harmann, and a Christian perspective on the travails of life, which should the colonials rushing out in droves. But maybe time has passed them by. Which would be a shame. the US radio single 'I'm So Sick' is an absolute belter, 'Fully Alive' is the most Amy Lee like, with its tale of familial abuse, there's the obligatory big ballad, 'There For You' (which sees Dave Navarro popping in for a strum), and a sure fire floor filler in the shape of 'Perfect'.

There are a few songs that drift by, but overall the heart on the sleeve approach of Lacey Mosley and her cohorts is a winner. If you've already discovered them, then the bonus tracks are non-essential acoustic versions of 'Fully Alive', ' All Around Me' and 'Cassie'.
on 28 February 2008
I bought this one for my niece and since it arrived with no cellophane shroud decided to listen to it in the car prior to handing it over....
It's certainly visceral, the "electric" tracks are like having molars ground away under local anaesthetic, they grab you by the vitals and twist. This is fairly normal for "metal" I understand and not altogether unwelcome. I had a preference for the additional acoustic tracks, which show an altogether lyrical side to the music thus reworked.
Needless to say my niece prefers the "metal" tracks and is not so keen on the acoustics...
thus I have no hesitation in describing the augmented version of this CD as a disc to suit all!
It's an eye-opener and well worth the money.
When Cliff Richard sang 'Why should the devil get all the good music' he had probably never envisioned a Christian band like Paramore and here comes another excellent slice of rock music to keep him at bay.
Comparisons with Paramore are inevitable but only track 7, 'All around me' is anything like them.
What Flyleaf delivers is good old fashioned rock music with sharp riffs and an excellent female lead singer in the form of Lacey. Her voice on some of the songs has a note of breathless desperation that is very appealing.
The later release of this album is completed with three acoustic versions of the songs but these are no mere filler. They give Lacey a chance to prove she can really sing and you a chance to listen to the lyrics a little easier.
Overall this is a great album, let us rock.
on 11 September 2008
I bought this based on referal on Amazon, and I'm delighted with the purchase. For any lover of Metal tinged Rock/Pop?Grunge this is a must. Think of a heavier Paramore with breathy vulnerable sounding vocals and you have Flyleaf.

I like Paramore, but Flyleaf have an edgier sound and its beyond me why Scuzz / Kerrang arent giving them time.

The stand out tracks are All Around Me, I'm So Sick and the emotional Cassie. But the gem is the Acoustic versions at the end of the album..the Acoustic Cassie will make you cry, its haunting and perfect.

Add it to your collection...5 stars from me
on 2 December 2006
just got my copy of this cd today the 3.12.06 after waiting 3 week. but beleave me it was well worth it. has im a old timer of 53 years. its good to hear a band young like flyleaf. so give them go lifes to short not to.
on 8 April 2013
Having heard this band on the radio over a few years ago I was frustrated not to be able to find a cd for them, but now I do, nice clear vocals and unique sound, favourite tracks for me, "fully alive" and "cassie"
on 19 June 2007
An excellent album. Lacey's voice is great, she sings her songs with so much feeling and the screaming is excellent for someone so petit. The majority of the songs are heavy, which i like but a couple extra, beatiful songs such as There for you and So I thought balance the album. Superb, I definetely recommend.
on 21 September 2013
Came across this in an indirect route: watching Die hard 4.0. Toward the beginning of the film the track a video of "Sick" is playing for a few seconds on a TV screen. I saw this andwent "who did that?". Did some digging and came across this album. Bought it on the back of that few seconds and i'm glad i did. The album is excellent, with no fillers, and the acoustic version of some of the songs are still as powerfull as the full studio arrangements. The music is brilliantly coloured and the force of the band's message is not diminished.
on 15 June 2009
Flyleaf

I think my title says it all, flyleaf have to be the best band I have ever listened to, musically phenominal, lyrically they have to be one of the best bands I have ever listened to why? because there lyrics are so heartfelt so emotional and they are to do with lacey mosleys real life experience and to be honest have helped me in so many ways.