5.0 out of 5 stars hard rock finds loving home in the arms of Flyleaf
I came across this band when I was browsing the net and found out they were out on tour with Taproot, POD and Staind. Three bands that individually I have alot of respect for. Flyleaf could have been that worthless tag along band.... but oh no.
Published on 27 Sep 2005 by Evan Zombie

3.0 out of 5 stars It's better than evenesance
This album.... its nothing new and it's not brilliant. But as far as first attempts to break into the music industry go, i think this is a good attempt. Flyleaf aren't then best band ever, and probably never will. It's a lot better than some of the stuff out there, and i occasionally enjoy this album.
Published on 20 Aug 2009 by Mr. Daniel J. Roebuck

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars hard rock finds loving home in the arms of Flyleaf, 27 Sep 2005
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
Flyleaf don't have an exactly orginal sound, a blaytent mix of velvet revolver with early deftones percussion. But the rifts are hard paced with big open chorus, the verses play out gentle with effects heavy guitar. What makes Flyleaf is their gentle angelic lead singer. Her voice could be compared to a decent Avril or Otep in places, but she manages to complete hard rock with a female voice. Her gentle approach to the music that is very loud is a perfect mixture. If you have Lacuna Coil in your collection you must own this record. It's dirty rock but with beauty. Did i mention she can let out a pretty amazing scream as well? :)
Have a listen to their songs "I'm So Sick" and "Fully Alive" on their website.

4.0 out of 5 stars ...third time lucky..., 31 Jan 2008
Mr. H "Mr H" (Embra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
They must be hoping it's third time lucky for Flyleaf as this, the third version of their 2006 album, hits the shops in time for their tour with Korn. Originally out in the UK in 2006, last year saw a CD/DCD combo, but now the album returns shorn of the DVD but with 3 acoustic tracks tacked on.

And their paymasters must be looking for a return, as so far they've ponied up money for 3 Doors Down producer Rick Parasher and Kevin Shirley to work on their debut EP, and then bringing in Howard Benson to produce the album. Bung in tour support for US dates with Taproot and Staind, as well as their current Korn jaunt, and that's serious investment.

And Flyleaf are very good. Mind you, they're very good in a 1999 post grunge style, that may not endear them to the teenie metalcore fans, but if you're looking for some crazy assed POD / Evanescence hybrid, then this may be what you're looking for.

They've got drive and passion, the big voiced, petite, rock chick singer, the driving rhythm section, some excellent guitar work from Sameer Bhattacharya and Jared Harmann, and a Christian perspective on the travails of life, which should the colonials rushing out in droves. But maybe time has passed them by. Which would be a shame. the US radio single 'I'm So Sick' is an absolute belter, 'Fully Alive' is the most Amy Lee like, with its tale of familial abuse, there's the obligatory big ballad, 'There For You' (which sees Dave Navarro popping in for a strum), and a sure fire floor filler in the shape of 'Perfect'.

There are a few songs that drift by, but overall the heart on the sleeve approach of Lacey Mosley and her cohorts is a winner. If you've already discovered them, then the bonus tracks are non-essential acoustic versions of 'Fully Alive', ' All Around Me' and 'Cassie'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good package., 28 Feb 2008
R. A. Caton "Arcaton" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
I bought this one for my niece and since it arrived with no cellophane shroud decided to listen to it in the car prior to handing it over....
It's certainly visceral, the "electric" tracks are like having molars ground away under local anaesthetic, they grab you by the vitals and twist. This is fairly normal for "metal" I understand and not altogether unwelcome. I had a preference for the additional acoustic tracks, which show an altogether lyrical side to the music thus reworked.
Needless to say my niece prefers the "metal" tracks and is not so keen on the acoustics...
thus I have no hesitation in describing the augmented version of this CD as a disc to suit all!
It's an eye-opener and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I ever bought from the best band I have ever listened to, 15 Jun 2009
Richard Parke "Richard Parke" (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
Flyleaf

I think my title says it all, flyleaf have to be the best band I have ever listened to, musically phenominal, lyrically they have to be one of the best bands I have ever listened to why? because there lyrics are so heartfelt so emotional and they are to do with lacey mosleys real life experience and to be honest have helped me in so many ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why dont these get more UK exposure, 11 Sep 2008
I. J. Davies "The Rock Addict" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
I bought this based on referal on Amazon, and I'm delighted with the purchase. For any lover of Metal tinged Rock/Pop?Grunge this is a must. Think of a heavier Paramore with breathy vulnerable sounding vocals and you have Flyleaf.

I like Paramore, but Flyleaf have an edgier sound and its beyond me why Scuzz / Kerrang arent giving them time.

The stand out tracks are All Around Me, I'm So Sick and the emotional Cassie. But the gem is the Acoustic versions at the end of the album..the Acoustic Cassie will make you cry, its haunting and perfect.

Add it to your collection...5 stars from me

4.0 out of 5 stars flyleaf, 2 Dec 2006
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
just got my copy of this cd today the 3.12.06 after waiting 3 week. but beleave me it was well worth it. has im a old timer of 53 years. its good to hear a band young like flyleaf. so give them go lifes to short not to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 19 Jun 2007
MoonTied "Night" (Battersea, LONDON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
An excellent album. Lacey's voice is great, she sings her songs with so much feeling and the screaming is excellent for someone so petit. The majority of the songs are heavy, which i like but a couple extra, beatiful songs such as There for you and So I thought balance the album. Superb, I definetely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Flyleaf (MP3 Download)
To be honest I only bought this album for the first song on it. I remember hearing in on die hard 4 and I just loved it. Anyway, the album overall is pretty good. Definitely their best I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally - an album, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Flyleaf (MP3 Download)
Having heard this band on the radio over a few years ago I was frustrated not to be able to find a cd for them, but now I do, nice clear vocals and unique sound, favourite tracks for me, "fully alive" and "cassie"

5.0 out of 5 stars Let us rock, 26 Jun 2012
PJ Rankine (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
When Cliff Richard sang 'Why should the devil get all the good music' he had probably never envisioned a Christian band like Paramore and here comes another excellent slice of rock music to keep him at bay.
Comparisons with Paramore are inevitable but only track 7, 'All around me' is anything like them.
What Flyleaf delivers is good old fashioned rock music with sharp riffs and an excellent female lead singer in the form of Lacey. Her voice on some of the songs has a note of breathless desperation that is very appealing.
The later release of this album is completed with three acoustic versions of the songs but these are no mere filler. They give Lacey a chance to prove she can really sing and you a chance to listen to the lyrics a little easier.
Overall this is a great album, let us rock.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›