• Human

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 17 January 2009
This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful album she has produced. The lyrics are wonderful as well as the smooth tones of her slow jams (True, Long Distance) and the amazing beats (Piano Man, Warm It Up, Torn Down). Every song on the album is brilliant!
on 4 February 2009
This is a suprisingly good album - lots of smooth upbeat original tracks - great for listening to before a night out. Her voice is in great form, there's a lot of passion in her voice and the songs flow well from one to another.
I really like the songs:
'1st and love' (continuously playing - very catchy, upbeat, feel good song)
'chamoflage' (very good lyrics and very emotional. Catchy chorus '...these flaws I got, are a part of who I am. Take me or not...'
'Torn Down' (Really good voice and music. Why isn't this the lead single?)
'Piano Man', 'True', 'Fall' (really fresh and original songs - very well sung.)
The lead single 'Departed' is also very good, but I think there are even better songs on the album (mentioned above).

I don't like the song 'a cappella' made up of only Brandys voice - there's too much going on and it sounds messy and I don't like the talking interlude/intro/outro. But apart from that it's a very good album.

(I have her previous 2 albums and I found them disappointing. It was clear she had a talent and a unique singing style but overall the albums were quite bland and songs didnt make best use of her talents. But with this new album everything is spot on!)
on 16 December 2008
This is the best album Brandy has produced. It has such powerful messages and is such an inspirational album. Definitely a purchase that will be worthwhile.
on 1 April 2009
This album is just brilliant from the Definition to Fall. I have all the previous album and i was disapontied with Afrodisac compared to Full Moon. I also have the Best of which don't know why i got it just a stupid impulse buy anyway Human. The best song has to be Piano Man and the song I don't like has to be Long distance but I do love how the end of Piano man takes you into Long Distance. Even though i don't like the track I don't jump up to change it so it's an album for me which I can listen to right till the final track and how many of them make me do that.
Humam is a great track just reminding us of how we arn't all perfect and have our flaws wow it's actually depresing lol.
Sorry for the Bad spelling on this review and the others fro that manner.
on 21 August 2011
Brandy, alongside Toni Braxton, is the most consistent of the R&B singers who emerged during the 90's. This is her fifth studio release and is a reunion with the accomplished producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins who she worked with on her second and most successful album "Never Say Never" and third offering "Full Moon". "Human" is what you would expect from Brandy - a mixture of catchy up-tempo R&B tracks and some sweet ballads.

The first four songs are very upbeat and current. "The Definition" has a cool beat and "Warm It Up" has a nice melody. The lead single and first highlight "Right Here" is a very infectious track with a thumping bass and "Piano Man" continues with a similar vibe with another sweet melody. The second single "Long Distance", co-written by Bruno Mars, is a nice ballad - not her best, but very pleasant. "Camouflage" is a better ballad and is very catchy. The same goes for "Torn" and "Human". "Shattered Heart" is a very different sounding song to the rest of the album and is very cool and slick, reminiscent of "Apart" from "Full Moon". The album ends with four cool ballads, "True", "A Capella", "1st & Love" and the second highlight of the album, "Fall", co-written by Natasha Bedingfield.

I cannot really find any fault with this album as it is pretty well thought out and arranged. I am not sure why Brandy is no longer as commercially successful as she used to be, but I am guessing that she will one day shine again. She has a great talent and deserves a 4 star rating for "Human".
on 10 February 2009
I'm not a big R&B fan, but I do enjoy a few selected artists, like Brandy and Toni Braxton for their distinctive and beautiful voices.

'Human' is Brandy's best album yet. She builds on her strengths with each new release. This really is a superb piece of work.

Best tracks:

1. Definition
8. Camouflage
9. Torn Down
10. Human
on 25 June 2009
What a great album! chilled, catchy, with a real edge. Best songs would be Definition, Piano Man, Shattered Heart, Right Here (Departed). Still listening to songs from this album most days. Brandy never dissapoints with her albums, great songs and no album fillers like most! Worth a buy.
on 8 May 2012
I was disappointed with the previous "Afrodisiac" album, but this album brings Brandy back to where she should be. A beautiful album which I will play over and over.
on 31 March 2015
Truly her finest album! Forget the singles she released, the real gems are the album tracks. Such missed opportunities with this album.

Listen to : Torn Down, Camouflage, 1st and Love, Warm It Up

And if you get the deluxe edition, the bonus tracks "Gonna Find My Love" and "Locked In Love" are amazing!
on 30 March 2016
This is the first Brandy Album I've purchased and it came in the post yesterday along with her most recent Album 'Two Eleven' which I haven't listened to yet.

Played 'Human' this morning and my favourite songs from the Album are Piano Man and Right Here (Departed) which is one of my favourite songs EVER!!