on 29 October 2013
This has always been one of my favourite movies. The whole thing brings back all those memories of the 'Cold War era when everything was 'East' versus 'West'It's also a very unusual film showing just how flexible as well as attractive an actor Julie Andrews could be, especially when teamed up with Omar Sharif at the height of his career as the enigmatic Colonel Sverdlov - the military attache from the Russian Embassy in Paris. As the story continues, jumping from London to Paris to the fabulous beaches of Barbados you can't help but be swept up in this great example of 1970's cinema all bowled along and enhanced by the wonderful score by John Barry. This film is a rarity and deserves much more acclaim than it ever received after release in 1974. Watch it and let the intrigue, atmosphere, customs and styles of the 70's plus romance and thrills carry you along to the unusual, unexpected and poignant end. I'm only hoping that someday a BluRay version will be released!
on 23 August 2013
This was always one of my favorite Julie Andrews movies.Not her best known ,but one of her more interesting ones. Most of my friends dislike it and find it boring...but I love it and find it fascinating. Have watched it a few times already since I bought it.