on 26 February 2012
receive the order and was please with the quality... would recommend it if you went to lot of country and would like to mark it down....
on 3 May 2012
I had to take 3 posters of the wall but it was worth it, it looks astonishing hung on my wall, it gives my room a real glow and a sense of adventure marks the air.

I only got it today but my geography of the world has expanded by so much already.

The only negatives I can think of is that parts of the map is over crumbled by city names that it requires you to focus your eyes to get in all the information. Especially Europe which is understandable, although I think if they could have made it slightly clearer it would be better.

Other than that I don't really have any other map to compare it to but this being my first, I highly recommend you invest your money into this. I see from other reviews that they bought this to mark where they have been but I think for the purpose of education and understanding and learning about where countries lay and border it is very good. A lot of people say "Oh my Geography sucks" *chuckles* and thats it, they don't try and fix that negative of their general knowledge. Well a good world map is a great start and over time when you look at it every day for 1 minute or 10 minutes + a day your mind will definitely get the grips of the world and its many locations.
on 1 September 2011
Good sized map, countries are shown clearly. Printed on quality paper. Time zones also a useful thing to have on the map.
on 28 August 2013
I love this map. It is hanging just above my bed. I bought it to improve my geographical knowledge and help me to be able to locate regions and countries they talk about in the News. I am very pleased with it. It is also very accurate, can only recommend.
on 23 September 2013
Love the poster, but it is far bigger than I expected it! Make sure you know how big the described size really is.
Makes for a nice and homey athmosphere in a student room
on 30 March 2016
I decided to order this very large world map to hang on my office wall. Its size makes it easy to make identify even the tiniest of countries with ease. It's colourful, educational, and its large size means that it easily hides that nasty coffe stain left after Mrs Queue launched a mug it me during a fit of pique after I criticised her latest pair of shoes and matching handbag.
on 18 December 2015
In spite of what I know of the World, it's only when you get a large map like this you begin to realise how insignificant we (UK) & Western Europe are, comparatively speaking! So in spite of its size, it's not so good for looking in detail at these countries. Still it's very good value and a great wall map on which I'm beginning to 'track' places visited.
on 28 September 2012
When I first received this map I was moderately pleased. The edges were a bit damaged in the post because the tube was to large (I would have returned it if it was to be a gift). It was purchased for my children though and as they are still quite young I could also live with what I felt wasn't great print quality. It is big and colourful and so suitable to catch their interest.

However, today as we were looking at the map in greater detail we noticed that there is no Palestine, only Israel, no Gaza or West Bank, but room to print 'Haifa (Hefa),' 'Tel Aviv-Yafo,' and 'Jerusalem' in this small area. Having studied Geography, this error reminds me of Harley's concern with the dangerous way that maps give the appearance of transparency, accuracy and truth. Here we need not even begin with postmodern critique; the map is simply wrong, wiping the Palestinian people completely off the map. What sort of learning resource is this meant to be?
88 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2011
What more can I say. Great. Just make sure you realize how big it is. We had to change the wall it hung on. Our fault
on 5 November 2013
This is just what we wanted, arrived quickly from Germany, and is lovely and big - very good quality paper, does feel like it's going to rip or anything. Perfect.