on 26 August 2010
As most Inspiron owners will know, each cell in a Dell battery last for about 25-35 minutes, so a 9 cell battery should be around 85 watts and last approx. 4 and a half hours.
This battery, whilst being advertised as 9 cell, and 80 watts, should therefore deliver a minimum of 4 hours.
This however is not the case.
As soon as you pick it up you know this battery is much lighter than it should be. At a rough guess I'd say half as heavy as the Dell, therefore half as powerful, and indeed I was correct.
It lasted about 2 hours, and it's replacement lasted just under 2 hours.
At that price, you may a well buy a 40 watt Dell original which is about the same cost.
They replaced it without quibble, and refunded me when I tasked them, although they did not respond to my claims that their advertising is false, or all of their products faulty.
I do trust Amazon 100% as a retailer so every single communication I had with Invero was through the Amazon portal. I wonder if things would have been different otherwise?
Anyway, Invero's advertising for this battery in my opininon deceitful and wrong.
I would definitely not buy another product from them and would encourage anyone else to think twice about using Invero as a supplier for this battery.
22 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2011
As suggested by other posters, this battery is not the 9 cell 6600mAh version. I was supplied 4400mAh, and looking at other 4400mAh batteries I see that the price is in that range.

If you want the extra life that the 6600mAh provides, then do not buy this product as it is being mis-sold. However, if you want a competitively priced 4400mAh then you may want to consider this battery.

ADDITIONAL: Seller has responded to my complaint that the wrong item was sent. They have stated that the description has changed and it is out of their control, and that they only sell the shorter life 4400mAh battery. They would not exchange and offered no refund.
on 8 February 2011
Within 1 month the laptop started to just switch off with no warning when on battery power.
I persevered (charging and discharging the battery) only the the issue to continue.
Now, I am over the 1 months returns policy, so I am stuck with another faulty battery!
on 18 December 2010
Delivered as stated in good time, Worked on a Dell Inspiron 6400 with initial success with a batt power for 2 hrs 40 min before cutting out on lower power 14%. However this did not last and slowly dropped off over 6 months. The Item is a copy and not a genuine Dell item, I was not bother initially as it appeared to work Ok. However 6 months is not on. The battery now is stuck a 26% and will not charge. Even went to the bother of getting a new Dell genuine charger from a friend just in case and swapping his battery into my laptop just in case. Nope it is the poor quality battery. Hence why I have returned to edit my inital glowing report.
on 28 November 2011
Battery received and installed in computer - worked fine for about two weeks but is now useless. Computer shuts down when electricity supply is removed even though battery shows 98% and charging. Would like to request a replacement from supplier.
on 25 November 2011
Item only last four weeks says it is full but laptop cant see it.Cant recommend people to buy it.Poor product.
on 18 September 2011
It fits, It works and it a WHOLE LOT cheaper than the original. BUT. I personally don't thinki it last as long (just don't forget to charge it for 12 hours before use. :)
on 19 February 2014
I needed an new battery ( and Mains charger, see other entry) for my old Dell Laptop. Dell, in my opinion, were exorbitant price wise but then there are many horror stories out there about "cheap" imitations catching fire etc so was a bit concerned buying through places like Ebay etc. I thought that Amazon was a trustworthy source and so purchased one through their website. I can only say price wise they were far more competitive than Dell and it has been perfect.
At the price, this battery worked really well on my very aged Dell Computer. Unfortunately, whilst the battery was part of the problem, it was not all of it. I was able to get just over 1 hour of charge out of the battery before it gave up and whilst subsequent re-charges offered a greater amount of time, the most I got after 4 charges and run downs was 2 hours 3 minutes. So it wasn't great, but it did work and thankfully I was able to obtain the data that I needed.

So why 4 stars? Not 3 or 5. Easy really, it certainly is a reasonable product, but it isn't excellent, so overall based upon price over performance, I think 4 stars is fair.
on 16 February 2014
This battery is working perfectly and has a capacity similar to the original. It is quite heavy which, to me, indicates it is a solid well-made product.
Worked very well for 14 months then went haywire. Goes from 80% to 7% in a couple of minutes. It needs replacing. However I have bought the same again! You get what you pay for and, at this price, I am not too concerned. When the replacement arrives I will use the laptop mainly on the mains again and see if I can get more life out of the abttery. If you need to use your laptop mainly on the battery, I would look elsewhere (but you will pay MUCH more).