Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 20 May 2010
At first I was disapointed that the overall tone of the album was nothing like the singles that were used to promote it! The singles were very up beat songs you could dance to where as the rest of the album is less ruckus.

However if it wasn't for the singles I wouldn't have discovered Duffy's wonderful voice! The other songs are wonderfully performed and relaxing to listen to at the end of a long day when you just want to chill out and lounge around. I also find it really nice to work to.

While the other songs are more sedate they are in many ways more pasionate and heart felt providing a very different but very fulfilling expeeriance.
VINE VOICEon 29 November 2008
Off the cusp of the Amy Winehouse sound, we're now treated to an immensely talented and soulful singer by the name of Duffy. She has one of those familiar faces that you think you know and one of those voices that you haven't heard for decades, unless you break out your old album collection of course. She flew into the UK charts with her debut single "Mercy" the backing music was nostalgic and the voice unique. Many compared the woman to Ms. Winehouse, but I would certainly put Duffy in a category of her own easily comparing her to the Etta James' of the world.

What annoys me in a way is, she's so talented, I mean that with true sincerity but it upsets me that she has now resorted to the robbing tactics of releasing a "Delux" edition version of the album with about 6 new songs, one to be a single. It seems to be the trend of the music companies now as a way of milking as much money from the fans as possible. I would honestly advise that if you haven't bought the regular album already then wait for the delux edition. The extra songs are worth the cash, I just don't think it's right that people should be forced to buy the original album and then should have to fork out again for the delux edition.

Top 3 songs are the current singles

1. Mercy
2. Rain On Your Parade
3. Warwick Avenue.

Buy it and love it (The delux edition I mean.)
on 20 May 2015
I was in love with this album since the first time I listen to the first single "Mercy". But the most amazing songs of all is "Warwick Avenue", such an emotional song. Her vocals are more than great and the 16 songs are full of emotions and stories you can feel attached to. I've been looking for this Deluxe edition for a while (years, I'd say) and it has become my favourite album of all times.

Hopefully she will be back soon with some more good music.

I would strongly recommend this album as it is a masterpiece.
on 19 February 2009
I love this album and play it all the time. Beautiful voice, gorgeous tunes and thoughtful lyrics. Duffy thoroughly deserves the three Brits she has just won.
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2009
So far Duffy has not released a song I didn't like so when I wanted some more CDs (as I'm driving a lot at moment) I decided to buy this one. I was a bit concerned that another reviewer mentioned her voice could irritate after several tracks, luckily, for me, it doesn't. There is definately a feeling of 60's soul music and one or two tracks could benefit from Phil Spector's wall of sound. However, Duffy's lyrics are 90's female singer ones, a strong female more likely to walk out than be walked over.
on 1 December 2015
Duffy broke every chart with Mercy and later Rain on your parade, from the deluxe edition. But don't let fool you, her album is extremely good and something of fresh air in this technological industry. She wasn't afraid of doing something different more soulful and touching. With Rockferry Duffy sets a good album where every song has a special meaning and you will enjoy for sure if you like this kind of music. I recommend by far the deluxe edition with 7 more tracks than the 10 standard edition.
on 28 February 2009
An absolute terrific buy, relaxing music + lovely words with "mercy" being my favourite track- buy it- you won't be disappointed.
on 16 April 2009
A relative newcomer to the scene. No distractions by offscreen deeds like some recent arrivals enables Duffy to be enjoyed for what she is, not what she does. What she is, is a great singer with a strong voice. Saw her a couple of times on The BBC, with Jools, then on her own. The CD demonstrates her ability and is excellent value in the "deluxe" version, i.e. 2 CD's for the same price as one. Hope to see her live one day.

DM. Lincoln
on 2 February 2009
I love the deluxe version of Rockferry. Shipping the the U.S. took a few extra days but it was well worth it.
on 21 May 2009
brought this album have listened to it a lot very cool amazing voice can't rate it high enough