on 19 May 2013
I'll leave the reviews to others. Suffice to say it is a great series, very underrated, and very funny right from the first episode.
What is interesting is that, being a region 1 disc, I didn't expect it to play on my XBOX 360 (my normal DVD player). But it did! This suggests that there is no region encoding on the discs. It plays quite happily on my PC - which also only plays region 2 (English) discs.
Having tried a true region 1 disc on both my PC and XBOX 360, they all refused to play it - which proves the point.
So, grab yourself a great series and enjoy playing it on your trusty DVD player without worries!
on 4 March 2014
I have amulti region player, but my daughter was able to play it on her non multiregion player if that helps people to purchase item.
on 3 July 2014
this dvd set does play on any dvd player , it plays on my blu ray player , this is a brilliant series I cant wait for series 2
on 26 September 2014
Originally shown in the Uk on ch4. A girl whose mother passed on, is sent to live with her father. One being the biological and other the stepdad. Never sure which one it is. A great show. I also recommend The Golden Girls and Blossom.