5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Problems
I have heart problems and after years not getting anywhere with useless doctors I started taking these but for Nerve damage.

Published 11 months ago by Cecilia Hope

1.0 out of 5 stars allergic reaction
Started with one a day soon as I received them, developed a rash on one leg a few days ago.......never had this problem previously with Solfar products but did have this problem before with B12. Wonder why on the legs???
Published 6 months ago by Katie Mac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Problems, 4 Sep 2013
Cecilia Hope (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solgar, Sublingual Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12), 1000 mcg, 60 Nuggets (Personal Care)

I have been taking 5 a day which is the same as the 5000mcg. In the few weeks since taking these I have gone from having pulpitations at all times of day every day to 0. This is the first time in 10 odd years that I have been free of them to the point that I have forgotten I have them. The test will be what happens when I get stressed for any reason as I experience bad ones at those times. I will update the results of that.

B12 deficiency has a serious effect on the heart and I am sure for other reasons too that I have been deficient of B12

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant supplement, 30 July 2013
I was taking B12 (supermarket brand) for ages but didn't notice anything in particular. After reading the book called 'Calcification' I switched to this brand, which has a very good reputation. B12 is not something you can cheat your body out of. It's either in the diet, or its not. I take this supplement with Solgar's Folacin (folic acid) and B6. This completes your most powerful set of methyl donors.

I was taking it for about a week and didn't notice anything, except that maybe I felt more refreshed? Then after about 10-14 days I noticed my tummy region was slimming down. I thought I was imagining this at first, then my clothes became looser.

Unsure of what was really happening, I did some research into possible effects. Turns out that when your liver finally comes into contact with true B12 (which has to contain Cobalt) it will detox a lot of the fats that it was storing. This is also known as non-alcoholic fatty liver, which is linked to insulin resistance (I had that for about 3 years) and slow metabolism (had that for 10 years).

In my experience, if you finally give your body what it really needs, it will let go of a lot of 'accumulated approximates'.

Needless to say, I lost over half a stone in weight in a very short time and that was primarily from my abdomen. (I also rub Magnesium oil into my stomach and breasts, in an effort to move stored calcium deposits (which can lead to cancer).

Now that my metabolism has 'woken up' I'm keeping it from dozing off again by recently adding D3, K2 and Potassium to my regimen.

Looking back, there was little point in my dieting, because I was deficient in B12 amongst other things, and even going to the gym did not reduce the fat round my abdomen.
The only thing that shifted it was getting good methyl donors and in my opinion, thereby waking up my metabolism via the liver.

Lack of proper B12 is linked to a lot of fatigue as well as a host of other more serious conditions. A deficiency of B12 is also implicated in Multiple Sclerosis, which seems to be another one of those terrible illnesses that's on the increase.

*Update 27 August 2013
I have been intrigued since taking this supplement as to why it worked so well for me, considering I had been taking B12 as part of a reputable multivitamin for some time.
I've been reading the 'Could It Be B12' book, (kindle version) and at the back there are several tables listing the different types of B12 that can be administered, especially
via injection when you present as deficient if you are admitted to hospital. Well it turns out that this type referred to as METHYLCOBALAMIN is the most expensive they offer you and it costs 3 times as much as the other two versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 18 Sep 2013
The tablet has a very nice taste & dissolves very quickly. I feel that the numbness I had on the fingers has disappeared since starting this product. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars allergic reaction, 27 Jan 2014
Katie Mac (Seminole, FL) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Solgar sublingual methylcobalamin, 17 Mar 2014
its not as effective as i expected it to be .Next time i will try max-b-12 and hope i get better results

5.0 out of 5 stars these taste nice, 29 April 2013
I'm hoping they help as I'm a veggie. Veggies often lack B vitamins. Also, that annoying 'you are what you eat' food Doctor woman said that, if you have a sort of groove down the middle of your tongue, you've probably got a B deficiency.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 Jan 2014
This product is top quality and I highly recommend it. Only recently, I became aware of vitamin B12 deficiency being greatly underdiagnosed, and since I started experiencing intermittent skin numbness on my legs and feet over the past year, and have been on long term stomach acid medicine that can result in B12 and Mg deficiency, I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, after just four days at three pills a day, my symptoms have vanished. I recently had a flu, and stopped taking my vitamins for about three days, the numbness came back! This stuff really helped me, it's tasty and very easy to take. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars tasty-not chalky!, 30 Sep 2013
Quick delivery, easy to take, delicious, sooooooooooooo tiny (have many pills to pop already , so a welcome change to have a tiny almost invisible tablet to pop under tongue), had to look right in bottle thought it was empty at first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective., 28 July 2014
My GP would only inject me with B12 every 12 weeks, despite having neuro symptoms (depression, headaches, tremors, long "pauses" in being able to think), which NICE guidelines suggest should result in 8 week injections. Around 8 weeks I'd have symptoms flood back. My GP thinks B12 is hokum placebo but that's completely incongruous to everything I've read.

Not diet related for me, but other members of my family appear also to not absorb B12 through their gut. However, being sublingual I thought I'd try these and after a couple of weeks I'm certain they're working. Your mileage may vary I'm sure, depending on whether you're B12 deficient and the reason why.

Postage was very expensive, so I'll probably be looking to source in larger quantities.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to take it., 30 Jun 2013
Pat Campbell (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Pleased to see this sublingual form of B12 as not that many companies make it. I just pop the tablets under my tongue and let them dissolve. They are great for people lacking in this vital vitamin for healthy nerves.

Solgar are such a quality make that I am happy to purchase with confidence.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›