5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful CD
Published on 22 April 2009 by L. Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars Track listing wrong
The CD I was sent had the physical artwork and tracks OK, but the artwork and tracks stored on the CD were for a different CD entirely - TRAWLER. This came to light when I ripped it to my music library.
Published on 29 Dec. 2009 by Chanquete

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful CD, 22 April 2009
L. Evans (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Girl & Other Stories (Audio CD)
The Oysterband seldom record a song the same way twice which means you always get something different and this is no exception. From acoustic reworkings of old favourites like 'Northern Lights and 'When I'm Up I Can't Get Down' to new accapella song 'What Wondrous Love Is This' this is a wonderful album finished off beautifully by 'Put Out The Lights' which they sang on their recent tour with no electrical imput at all (including microphones) and still kept their audience spellbound.

Basically, the Oysters continue to do what they do best: constantly trying something different and fresh. Long may they continue to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Oxford Girl & Other Stories, 9 Jun. 2009
Mrs. C. A. Smith "Cas Smith" (Pontardawe, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Girl & Other Stories (Audio CD)
I got this CD with some trepidation. Having been a fan of Oysterband forever through their many metamorphoses I was almost afraid to listen. I don't know what I expected from their reworking of songs I knew so well but I need not have worried. IT IS FANTASTIC. No Oyster collection is complete without it. It is still on the being played now pile and finds me jigging in my chair or prancing around with the cooking utensils every time it's on. The previous reviewer says all the rest of what I would want to say. If you have never heard Oysterband, do yourslf a favour and try this. I guarantee you will be looking for a live gig soon after.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 1 April 2013
W. Mcgregor "Bil" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Girl & Other Stories (Audio CD)
Nice acoustic re recordings of old and new favourites. Something for fans more than newcomers but worth a listen. If you don't know the Oysterband then there are better places to start - early stuff or the June Tabor collaborations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Oxford Girl & Other Stories (Audio CD)
Very good album, pleased to own it hence absolutely no need to say any more

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Oxford Girl & Other Stories (Audio CD)
Some old favourites here but oh boy there some great new renditions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Track listing wrong, 29 Dec. 2009

Oxford Girl & Other Stories
Oxford Girl & Other Stories by Oysterband (Audio CD - 2009)