5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!!!
Highly recommended. I have travelled and worked in some extremely hot places and these frio bags have liberated me.

Published on 3 Aug 2010 by Johnny_P

3.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED REVIEW: It works
I initially gave this one star after my first wallet failed, leached crystals and went rock hard.

Published on 21 Aug 2010 by Mummy

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!!!, 3 Aug 2010

They can be simply "recharged" by soaking for a short time in water, and the gel crystals inside soak and swell up. As the water evaporates this keeps the insulin within cool. Bear in mind that as the bags rely on evaporation to work they must be kept in the open air (and not in a closed confined space like a zipped up bag). Need soaking again in water every few days as the water evaporates. Kept my inslin cool during a month long cycle tour of Italy in August with no problems. I could have never embarked on a trip like that before....

A brilliant idea!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Feb 2012
We are on a 6 week tour of Australia & New Zealand, & were worried how to keep the insulin cool. The Frio has been a real boon, I didn't see how it could possibly work, but it does. It is brilliant. Thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel, 1 Feb 2013
If you travel,i would strongly recommend that you purchase this product,it saves you worrying about having a fridge on hand.Just soak in water{ follow the instructions } then insert up to 5 pens and you are away.

3.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED REVIEW: It works, 21 Aug 2010
Mummy "Mum of Three" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Since then I have purchase another bag directly from the Frio website. This HAD instructions with it and their website now contains better information on soaking times for the different sizes of bags, crucial as these times vary. New bag seems to have done its job. I put a fridge thermometer which showed it stayed at a constant 16° to 17°C. I resoaked the bag once during a week long vacation in Wales, though I think this may not have been totally necessary as it was not too hot.

THIS IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR A REFRIGERATOR. Your insulin will be kept at a safe temperature so it is good for warm days but it is NOT going to keep it at the same chilled temperature as a fridge would. Your insulin life is therefore about the same as in use insulin kept at room temperature. If you are on the move in a warmer climate you will need to think about how often and where you will resoak the bag.

I also took along a medicool, a freezer block that fits into a foam container. It does a similar job but requires freezing before travel, holds less insulin and is bulky. Frio bags would be a better choice but do TEST it before your travel date.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you are going to try this out make sure you test it well in advance of travelling. Also take a look at the reviews on Amazon.com. One reviewer had problems because of security checks on gel packs and advises you check the TSA website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - but Direct from frio for better value, 7 April 2010
No1 Ellen Fan "Gopher" (Sunny Devon, Angleterre!) - See all my reviews
These pouches really are fantastic. I've been using them for several years. Over time the crystals become less absorbant so they will need to be soaked for longer. I'm still able to use some that I began using over 5 years ago and they are still fine. If you buy them direct from the Frio website (google it for the url) then you get them VAT free (if you are diabetic), works out a fair bit cheaper than on here. They also have a wider range of pouches and other products such as head band and wrist bands - these were fab during the last heatwave (I live in optimism of anothe heat wave!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars FRIO Insulin Wallet, 1 Sep 2009
I was a bit dubious about buying this wallet as it seemed expensive and I was not sure that it would work.

I was impressed with the speed of delivery and the packaging of the product.

Did it work? Yes it worked very well and I would recommend this item to anyone who needs to keep their insulin in a cool environment whilst on holiday. I took a spare pen with me in the wallet and used it last week. Everything was OK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frio Insulin Cooling Wallett, 27 Sep 2011
The wallett worked quite well, it was useful to have to prevent the insulin overheating when in Ibiza with temperatures about 30 degrees C. I think its performance was pretty much as I expected from reviews read and I found it easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy travel, 27 Nov 2012
This product does exactly as it says in the advertisement. It is simple to use and keeps the insulin at a very good temperature for a long time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 April 2011
A. Oliveira - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frio Insulin Travel Case (Personal Care)
This is my second Vitesse bag. The first one held up very nicely for about 4yrs. This one, however, has already started showing worn-out marks and the zipper handles both came off within one week. Needless to say, I am disappointed. The size is perfect, but I really wish the quality was the same as my first bag. Perhaps the company changed manufacturers? Who knows.

3.0 out of 5 stars To Expensive, 7 Aug 2010
Mrs. C. Tysoe "Silva" (Dorset, England.) - See all my reviews
It is a good product but way to much money you can get them from frio website them self for half the cost!

Frio Insulin Travel Case