5.0 out of 5 stars Canon A4 Pro Platinum paper PT-101
Published on 2 Nov. 2012 by G. Young

3.0 out of 5 stars C
no canon details on the back of each page, that is very unusual; for pt101 pro platinum photo paper from Campm
Published 7 months ago by Catherine / Derek Wilkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon A4 Pro Platinum paper PT-101, 2 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
I have just retired, recently photographed my son's wedding and of course want the best possible prints for his album. I have just finished a year back at college doing a film/ TV course with a still photography module, where we were required to produce several A4 portfolios. Content was what was being marked rather than the quality of the prints. I used a basic Canon Pixma MP560 printer and tried various paper/ink combinations from the cheapest ink (from Amazon) where I bought 4 complete sets for £17 to a set of genuine canon ink 1 set £50. I used these in combinations from paper by 7dayshop/Ilford Galleria/Fuji Premium Plus and Canon Pro Platinum. These were the same print, with just the profile for each paper being chosen. So side by side comparisons, there is no doubt that the canon ink/canon paper combination produced the best print, but only if scrutinised by say competition judges, the cheap ink/Fuji paper combination was almost as good and if not viewed side by side would have been perfectly acceptable, even the cheapest ink/paper combination produced very acceptable results, certainly good enough for my college projects. Conclusion if you want the very best yes the Canon pro Paper is as good as it gets, even with the cheaper ink it produced great quality photographs. If it were not my son's wedding I would be happy to use the cheaper ink/Fuji paper combination, knowing that whomever received the prints would be completely satisfied. If only the very best will do and money is no object (at least 5 times more expensive per print) use the Canon combination.
I am awaiting delivery of a Canon Pixma Pro 9000mk11 A3 printer (from Amazon) today or tomorrow as A3 prints required for my next college course. This has 8 ink tanks as opposed to the Pixma MP 560 which has 5 ink tanks. The Fuji paper is hard to find especially A3, so I will try other various combinations, the Ilford Galleria paper was also very good, and some very expensive Fine Art paper for any exhibition work. I know though the canon ink/paper combination will be the bench mark to judge the others. I will update after my trials.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Other Paper, 14 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
The best paper I have ever used on a Canon Pixma MP640.....

The cost is worth it....quality,quality,quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Paper, 4 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
This is the paper I keep coming back to time after time. Comes well in the canon packaging with 20 sheets enclosed in a clear resealable plastic sleeve. You can feel the weight of the paper as you handle it, very nice. This is glossy paper and the finish that it produces is simply wonderful. Trust me, this is quality paper, and if you are using canon inks then the life span of your photos can be up to a hundred years. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top draw, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
Amazing quality paper and worth every penny. The prints are the best I've done, highly recommended for pro photography (a top draw printer is also needed)

5.0 out of 5 stars canon photo paper, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
Excelent product good sharp pics. vivid colors. will def. keep using.service and delivery excelent as well.No silly sales pitch, does exactly what was promised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PT-101 Photopaper. Pro Platinum A4, 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
I am blown away with what I can only describe as: A Standard of the highest quality. This Canon PT-101 Photo paper. Pro Platinum A4 is truly fantastic. I highly recommend Pro Platinum A4 PT-101 to anyone that is looking for the highest quality finish of their prints. Delivered to me within its expected date and was very well protected in the packaging. Highly Recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal photo paper forCanon printers, 20 Jun. 2015
Mr. G. Bridgeman Clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
Got the paper with my Canon Pixma Pro 100S and used it for my first print and I am knocked out as to how good the image is on the paper. Colours are as they are on the iMac screen (I did use a Spyder4Express prior) and I can't see any grain or ink spots, the tones are nice as is the contrast. I can see me ordering this paper from now on in.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, true reproduction prints without the hassle of printer profiles!, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
If you're looking for truly great photo results from your Canon photo printer, then this is the paper for you. You will actually receive the newer 'black' packaging, but it's the same product inside.
I'd been having trouble with obtaining the correct profiles for my Canon printer which was giving me a slight cast when trying to print portraits on several well known brands of photo paper. I didn't want the hassle of making my own profiles, so I picked up a couple of packs of this paper.
The paper quality is outstanding, very thick and reminds me of the wet process dark room paper I've used for B&W prints. Once I set the correct Photoshop print settings and printed out the same portraits using this paper, the results were amazing, a true copy of what I was seeing on my monitor.
As long as I'm using Canon printers for printing quality photographic prints, this is the one I'll be using, at least until they bring out the next version!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but top quality, 10 July 2013
R.E. Viewer (Scotland, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
I like using some of the Ilford Galerie range of papers for my home printing of photos. The smooth pearl finish is very pleasing as I am not a fan of glossy photo paper.

This Pro Platinum however is something extra quality. The feel and look of the finished product is something you just do not get on many other cheaper papers.

Obviously unless you have a lot of cash to throw about then this paper will be reserved for your more special shots, but it is well worth it.

I use mine on a Canon MG6150 printer with Canon ink and get very impressive results which should last a long time. I have prints from nearly two years ago on this paper that still look great.

4.0 out of 5 stars only good Canon photo paper, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper (Electronics)
I like this paper but then there is little alternative, if you want to print something that looks close to photo quality then this is actually the only Canon paper to use. The cheaper papers from Canon are not really good for anything other than proof printing, the quality with the standard gloss papers is not good enough to show photos to other people. Bearing that in mind I wish this paper was also available in 50 or 100 qty packs.

Even with this paper, printing on a MG7150 the quality is still a bit lacking, but is an acceptable overall compromise for our needs.

Canon PT-101 A4 Photo Paper