5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Teenager
Published on 15 April 2009 by J. W. F. Edwardson

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful voice, but.....
The talent of this girl is beyond dispute. The voice has a maturity far in excess of her years, and it is to be hoped that she will be guided wisely over the next stage of her career, because I really don't think she was really well gided in this instance. Some of the performances are outstanding, but some of the material positively mediocre (why on earth put very weak...
Published on 23 Mar. 2009 by Malcolm S. Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Teenager, 15 April 2009
J. W. F. Edwardson "Jack Edwardson" (Shetland Isles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
I find it difficult to believe that this girl is only thirteen years old; many adult professional singers must be green with envy that they don't possess a voice of such purity and sweetness. Faryl Smith is a truly amazing teenager, who will go far in the music business, and more power to her elbow, or should I say, to her vocal cords! The choice of music is excellent on this album, illustrating well the range and variety of this young lady's repertoire. I especially love "River of Dreams", "Annie's Song" and "The Way old Friends Do". If you're hesitating about buying this album, then don't. It's well worth every penny! When's her next one being released? That's what I want to know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Justifies the hype, 13 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
She has an amazing talent, quite breathtaking for one so young, and I hope she gets the success she richly deserves. I look forward to the next album.
My only (very minor) gripe with the album is the song selection which at times strays just a bit too close to the "chocolate box" sort of song. The Ave Maria was, for me, the finest track, and I would like to hear her do more of that kind of music and a bit less of the "River of Light" - but I fully accept that that is just my taste. And she has plenty of time to do more.
That being said, even if they were not my ideal choices, she sings them absolutely magnificently.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most promising talent show contest artiste so far, 2 April 2009
X (S.E. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
From the minimalist piano intro and the first sound of Faryl's voice on the first track through to the last departing note of the last, I was captured.

Sure, she wasn't working with a team specialised in adult opera singers, so not all the musical choices are the best, but this is an album for making notes of Faryl's voice, extraordinarily beautiful for any age, and her art, as naive as it should be for a child, at the start of her career.

That's what to expect, that's what I wanted, and it's exactly what I got. 100% satisfaction. I am totally unaffected by the musical choices I mentioned, because even through the tracks I like the least, I can still pay attention to the work of this true, British, musical prodigy. Now we must be patient and leave Faryl to find out more about herself and what she can contribute to the songs she sings.

If you love singing in any form, do yourself a huge favour, buy this and listen attentively to its magic. I have one copy in the CD-deck permanently, and a gift I received in the car, permanently. Bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faryl, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
A lovely voice! A very enjoyable, easy listening album, with a good choice of songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Voice, 13 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
I First Saw Faryl on Britians got tallent and was very impresed with her buatiful voice, so as soon as I heard she had an album out I just had to buy it. All the songs on the CD are buatifuly sung by Faryle, I would recomend any one to buy this CD by this gifted child. I am sure she will record many more and do very well in her career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning. One of the best debut albums I've heard., 20 Feb. 2010
film fan (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
What an astonishing début album. I can easily see why this became the fastest selling début classical album in history. Her voice is exquisite and sounds like someone much older than her 13 years. Faryl is in a word stunning.

The choice of songs for this astounding début is terrific. Opening with a gorgeous version of 'Amazing Grace' and finishing with a charming 'The Way Old Friends Do', this album is jaw-dropping, a peach and a joy to listen to. Her version of 'Annie's Song' is beautiful and delightful, 'Brahms' Lullaby' and 'Somewhere' are exemplary. And I just love 'Shenandoah' and 'Ave Maria'.

This is possibly my favourite début album I possess. This nightingale's voice is something that comes along once in a blue moon. The first time I heard her voice was when she appeared at the opening ceremony of the new Centre Court's new roof along with Katherine Jenkins in March 2009. I watched her and remember thinking "wow! This girl's extraordinary."

This album comes highly recommended from this reviewer and thinks that this talented young singer has lots of prospects ahead of her and her marvellous singing voice. Breathtaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A VOICE!, 4 April 2009
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
Incredible that a 13 year old girl can sing like this. An interesting collection of songs that suit her mezzo voice. My favourite is "How can I keep from singing?". It just doesn't last long enough! You may remember it being used in the Waitrose ads at Christmas 2008. Words are included for those who like to sing along. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faryl's First, 3 April 2009
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
This is a gem of a CD and hopefully it will be followed by other CD'S of equal quality. How can they not be excellent when her voice is superb and adapts to classical and pop music so well. What an exciting future lies ahead when the voice quality,so young is so wonderful.What a gift and what a delight to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sing-a-long with Faryl!, 10 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
I received this CD just today - and soon found myself singing along with it, as Faryl performed beautifully for each track.

Please note: I'm not a lover of women's opera singing, but at this stage of her career, Faryl's voice is as yet sufficiently untrained in the opera style to be well within my "acceptable" range, as simply a lovely voice, singing beautiful songs.

Hopefully there'll be another CD or two to go, before her developing voice (due to "training") carried her into my "unacceptable" zone!

The range of songs chosen are very suitable for her - and altogether the whole CD is a lovely listening experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Voice, 7 Feb. 2011
Mole "Mole" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Faryl (Audio CD)
Faryl Smith was a contestant on a TV contest and quickly became a major hit once they realised just how much talent she had. Still a teenager, she has an amazing voice, one that would not be out of place in a much older woman. There is a quality of sound that is just superb, and if she is prepared to work at maintaining this, she could continue to be a hit for many years to come.

This, her first album, is an interesting mix of tracks, with some more traditional, but some more modern pieces. I particularly enjoyed the track "River of light" based upon Strauss' "Blue Danube" - this is a very good piece that I've not heard before, and would love to hear over and again. Brahms' "Lullaby" and the traditional Welsh hymn Calon Lân" are equally delightful pieces.

This is one that will remain a favourite of mine for some time to come, and one that will no doubt be played many times.

Faryl
Faryl by Faryl Smith (Audio CD - 2009)