Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 12 January 2003
Well? What can I say about the second album of a band who sold million of cd's with their gr8 debut album 'Forgiven Not Forgotten'?
The Corrs' song mixtures brilliantly contemporary pop-rock music with traditional Irish and Celtic music.
On this album u have rock songs such as I Never Loved You Anyway', popo songs such as When He's Not Around or fantastic ballads such as Love Gives Love Takes, containing electronica touches out in the instrumental Paddy McCarthy.
TOC also contains 2 brilliant covers: Fleetwood Mac's 'Dreams', a pop song with touches of rock and electronica, and Jimi Hendrix's 'Little Wing', which counts with the collaboration of The Chieftains.
The voice tricks among the three sister are an special incentive in this album.
What else can I say?? It's gr8!!
on 29 September 2003
Arguably the album that made the Corrs a worldwide success I would have to say I actually preferred Forgiven Not Forgotten to this, although that should not detract from the fact that this is a superb album as well.
One of the best things I would say about this album from the start is that it didn't follow the method of the first album, instead going for something a little bit different - the general pace is a little slower, a bit less celtic and probably a bit more poppy as well.
There are some fantastic songs on this, notably What Can I Do, I Never Loved You Anyway, So Young, Intimacy and Queen of Hollywood. The lyrics seem quite a bit stronger in this album although I did feel a bit disappointed that the strong Irish theme seemed to have reduced a bit. I didn't think the instrumentals were as strong on this album either and wasn't too bothered about the Jimi Hendrix cover, Little Wing tagged on at the end.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 September 2003
I've had this album for years now. Despite not listening to it for a while, it remains a favourite. When it first came out, The Corrs were offering something completely different for music lovers; good pop music but with a Celtic influence. Instead of being something for old men drinking in a Irish country pub, Irish music suddenly became sexy as the Corr sisters appeared on the scene with their immacculate appearances. Not that that is a bad thing, far from it.
Although I won't give a track by track analysis of the album, I will mention my two favourite songs; "Only when I sleep" and "Don't say you love me".
"Only when I sleep" is probably one of, if not the, most well known of their songs. A song about wanting someone from afar, when dreaming about them is the only way to 'get close' to them.
"Don't say you love me" is also a brilliant ballad but has a more sombre tone than the one already mentioned. This is about imploring someone not to lead you on. It is a song about hoping that the one you love really loves you too, that they are not just saying those four words because it is what you want to hear.
This album stands the test of time - even today there are not many other albums of this quality from other Irish artists.
This is the second studio release from The Corrs, Ireland's premiere folk/pop crossover artists. With traditional jigs mixed with original material that works as either a folk sound or as a pop song, this is an eminently listenable album. The group have a great sound, and with some stunning lead vocals soaring above their very Celtic backing it's a bit of an attention grabber. It will perhaps be a bit to folky for the pop fans and a bit too poppy for the traditional folkies, later albums from the group have leant far more into one camp or the other in order to find a greater mass appeal. But for me this remains a perfect blend and one of their best.
on 9 October 2000
This and TOC:Special Edition were really the two albums that launched the Corrs onto the map. The biggest selling album of 1998, and deservedly so. The only surprise is that they took so long to be noticed; reading the inlay gives Intimacy as being written in '95. I don't know of another album which sounds as whole as this. It has everything; the instrumentals, the ballads, the up-tempo stuff... it's all here. You need this album. The only weak track is the cover of Hendrix's Little Wing, but other than that this really is a must buy. It's one of the albums of the decade.
on 22 February 2001
Basically this album has a very interesting mix of different types of song. There are some up tempo songs such as I never loved you anyway, and some slower songs such as Don't say you love me.
It took me sereveral plays to really like this album, but now I can't thing of song on it I don't like.
The Irish influence is there as is pop, and I thing the mix of these is just about right, and the vocals are incredible. If you like the Corrs then this is well worth buying, and perhaps this album will make you a fan.
on 23 March 2008
I recently blew the cobwebs of this album and decided to give it a spin in the car. From the opening chords of 'Only When I Sleep', I was taken back 10 years, to a time when the Corrs really did take the world by storm with this collection of Celtic tinged pop songs. That opening track, for me, remains their finest on this album - very melodic and great guitar work, closely followed by 'I Never Loved You Anyway' - bitter-sweet lyrics with another hook driven chorus. I also appear to be one of the few people who really enjoys the Corrs' version of Hendrix's 'Little Wing', which closes the album with class in my opinion.

Throughout each and every track, there is a consistency and maturity, which belies the fact that this was only their second album release. So why not 5 stars? Well, if I have one gripe it's simply that there is not enough of their roots on this album. I love the traditional Celtic sounds of tin whistles, fiddles and bohdrans (especially when incorporated into pop and rock music) and there is simply not enough of it on this album, when compared to their debut. But that aside, this remains a very good album, which has stood the test of time.
on 22 April 2011
Being more of a fan of hard rock (Def Leppard, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Rush), I'd never come across The Corrs before. It was not until I heard "Dreams" in 1997/8 that I took notice of them.
I'm a sucker for infectious harmonies (one of the reasons I love Leppard, Halen and Rush so much) so it's no surprise personally that I took a chance on The Corrs and bought Talk On Corners.

I was not disappointed. Whilst the tunes and melodies are mostly soft and laid back, there are some more upbeat tunes (I never loved you anyway, Only when I sleep) which I really like. The tin whistle and violin add a not often heard irish element to what basically is a celtic-pop record.

I've since bought all their albums and each one is a gem in it's own right. Forgiven Not Forgotten being one of the breakout debuts of all time in my opinion (along with Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction and Oasis Definitely Maybe).
on 4 April 2004
This album really is beautifully diverse, with splashes of celtic, pop and unique instrumental talent. Talk On Corners has got to be one of my most frequently played albums despite it being old, it is timeless. I'd recommend it to anyone who appreciates good music.
on 28 October 2000
This is one of the best albums I have. I've heard one of their songs back in 1996 "Love to Love You" on the radio and it was only by one radio station so I thought it was just another music group, I didn't even know they were called The Corrs and then I never heard of them again. After a year "Only when I Sleep" was getting extensive airplay in almost every radio station. My sisters introduced me to them by buying an album by the time they relaesed "What Can I Do?" which they love and as I listened to their music I thought not bad at all and I heard one of the most beautiful love song ever "Runaway" which I'll never tire of hearing over and over again. By 1998 They became the artist of the month on MTV and their asian promo tour made them a household name, and here I saw their videos from their debut album, and bought it as well. I can but wonder at their musical talent both in composing and playing instruments I've never seen in my life, and they have charmed all of us here in this part of the planet, They have introduced the Irish culture to the world, unlike their prevoius predecessors like U2, Cranberries and Boyzone. They are pure talent and beauty. What can I say? Bravo!