4.0 out of 5 stars At last - a DVD of the VHS!
Published on 24 Jun 2011 by Kindle Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars subtitles
Before buying the dvd i red the product details and there was written that the subtitles were BOTH in Castillian and in English. When I recieved it i noticed tha the subtitles are ONLY in Castillian!
Published 15 months ago by hurkk

4.0 out of 5 stars At last - a DVD of the VHS!, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I first saw this film on VHS, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Alright, it's a load of mumbo-jumbo and pseudo science gone amok, but it's a good laugh, and as I haven't had a VHS player for many years I always hoped I could get it on DVD, and now I can. Shame is I have moved on to BluRay, but who cares - a good laugh is a good laugh!Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

4.0 out of 5 stars Crackin' classic, 16 May 2011
Joules A. Taylor (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I am not ashamed to admit I love this film. I picked it up on spec as an ex-rental VHS tape donkey's years ago and it's been watched til the tape went thin and couldn't be played any more - so finding it available on DVD was fantastic. The quality is really excellent, and the film as much fun as I remember. Yes, it's daft, some of the acting is a little suspect, and the plot decidedly silly, but overall it's terrific. Where else would you get Jeff Goldblum, Cindi Lauper, Julian Sands and Peter Falk (gloriously funny as a lecherous treasure hunter) together in one place?

Great fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
So excited to finally add this movie to my DVD collection; I made some popcorn and watched it the day it arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibes - Cyndi Lauper & Jeff Goldblum, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Vibes (Region 2) (DVD)
Have been trying to get this film on DVD for years. Easy to miss some of the more subtle asides and therefore not see the humour running through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of Vibes, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
This film is just awesome and yet not many know that it was made,apart from maybe any Cyndi Lauper or Jeff Goldblumm fans out there. It's comedy, it's serious at times,it has a storyline but most of all it is very well acted by a diverse cast: Peter Falk,Julian Sands,Googey Gress et al. Cyndi even sings the theme at the end entitled "Hole in My Heart". All round great film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film!, 27 Oct 2011
Furry Ferret (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I have waited a very long time for this film to come out on dvd because it is quite old. However, when I watched it when it arrived, I was not disappointed. It has everything in it for everyone. I would thoroughly recommend it if you want a very funny movie with top quality actors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waiting years for this, 21 Mar 2009
Mrs. Jacqueline Ditchfield "Jackie" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
This film was one of the most fun I had watched in an age, had it on VHS but since DVD took over can't seem to get it. Have enquired over the release of this in region 2 for six years, still no answers.PLEASE SOMEONE OUT THERE GET IT FOR US absolutely brilliant. WHY SO LONG.

1.0 out of 5 stars subtitles, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Vibes (Region 2) (DVD)

Vibes [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]