5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Film
There is no guarantee when you order this film that you will get a 3D copy. I ordered three copies of this film on three separate occasions and only one of them was a 3D copy. The 3D copy I received had four free pairs of 3D glasses and it also has a 2D copy of the film on the DVD.

When watching in 3D on my old CRT TV there is quite a bit of double images,...
Published on 4 April 2013 by Phil

3.0 out of 5 stars Fly Me to the Moon
Published on 12 Sept. 2010 by Spider Monkey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Film, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)

When watching in 3D on my old CRT TV there is quite a bit of double images, but when I watched it on the computer it was fine with very little double images. The 3D copy although it is obviously colour, it tends to look a little on the black & white side with the obvious absence of any red colour. Red appears as either brown, black or green.

Having said all this I will give this film a five star rating. It is all round good family entertainment. The film has an excellent story line. It is one of the best animated films I've seen in a long time and I give it full marks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fly Me to the Moon, 12 Sept. 2010
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
`Fly Me to the Moon' is a pretty average animation about three flies who stow away on the Apollo 11 mission and make their way to the moon. There are lots of `in-jokes' if you are aware of the original mission and Buzz Aldrin even appears at the end to say a brief message. The animation is pretty basic, with under par character animation, although saying that some of the weightless scenes were better than expected. The story is simple and nothing too great, but for an 80 minute animation to keep the kids entertained this should do the job well enough. There's not too much for an adult audience though. Compared to some other animations out there (I.e. nearly everything from Pixar!) this lacks a certain something, but in it's own right it is a perfectly watchable film. NB, my disc wasn't a 3D copy so I can't comment on this feature.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids can't stop watching it!, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
We first saw this at the IMAX cinema in 3D, it's still fantastic watching at home and my 2 and 4 year old kids can't get enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars buzzing, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
Great family fun,three flies hitch a lift to the moon,as three family fights the Russians on earth to save them,good fun

3.0 out of 5 stars good, and value for money, 7 Oct. 2013
F. Mcsweeney-kuah (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
I choose this rating as it was fun to watch and my grandson enjoyed watching it
Good value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must Watch, 3 Oct. 2012
C Caynes (Qld, Oz) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
I cannot watch 3d movies so I watched this in 2d and it is a great movie, which covers the moon landing for a new generation something which is not really covered in schools. It is well animated and teaches children about one of the most important pieces of world history. It is a pity that this movie was never released in Australia but I am yet to see a momentum title for sale here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
My son love it and me and my husband too, it is great story and is good for learning too

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting in parts, 14 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
The film is OK but not exceptional, although the detail about the Apollo mission was a nice, thoughtful touch that my young son was fascinated by.
The 3D is a bit dazzling at times and we gave it up half way through as you lost all the colours and it was hard to focus on things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific fun for little ones, 27 Sept. 2010
Paul Cook "Cookie" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this not knowing anything about it for my 4 year old daughter. She loves it!
It's a lovely, simple tale of three flies (yes) getting caught up in the space program in the 60s.
Good, clean family entertainment and a captivating storyline. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellant and fun, 12 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
I disagree with the other reviews we watched the film on a 50inch screen and the 3d was amazing - excellant fun film and the 3d aspect is superb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Fly Me to the Moon [DVD]
Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] by Ben Stassen (DVD - 2009)