5.0 out of 5 stars disaster movie
I bought this film for my 12 year old daughter, she loves it and she would recommend it to anyone her age who enjoys spoof films.
Published 5 months ago by nikki

1.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Of A...Disaster
Not really much to recommend this title at all. It's more a spoof on "teen" movies like Juno or High School Reunion than actual disaster movies. The script is dire and the acting pretty much non existent. Even Scary Movie 3 and 4 managed to lampoon the intended target better (the Klu Klux Klan moment remains a comedy classic for me).

The Blu-Ray picture and...
Published on 9 Jan 2009 by Northern Warrior

1.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Of A...Disaster, 9 Jan 2009
This review is from: Disaster Movie [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

The Blu-Ray picture and sound is good but frankly wasted on this drivel.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond belief how bad it is, 27 Dec 2008
R. Jones "rebeld0g" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disaster Movie [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Disaster is certainly the right word! I rented this bewildering movie and must say that it is without doubt up there with the rest of the worst movies in history. There is nothing - I repeat NOTHING - which is even remotely funny, and the so-called "gags" are overdone to the point of causing pain. This becomes more of an exercise in tolerance than a session of entertainment. Buyer beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars 80 minutes of my life I'll never get back, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Disaster Movie [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this on my birthday 3 years ago, and I'm still angry at the film for the money wasted on the tickets. Whilst I wasn't expecting a huge amount of laughs (the quality of "spoof" films has been going downhill over the years), I was expecting at least one.

I didn't even get that.

Every time the faintest whiff of a plot came along, the whole thing ground to a halt whilst we get "Hey, It's Hannah Montana!" and a lame one shot joke which lasts several minutes longer than it deserves. Mind you, what it deserved was a lethal injection.

Every scene will involve someone saying "Hey, it's..." and then the scene will, um - not sure what word I should use here. I'd love to have said "develop", but that never happens. Ah yes, got it now.

Every scene will involve someone saying "Hey, it's..." and then the scene will fester around some icon that I had never heard of. This might make me snobbish, but I seriously have never heard of "My Super Sickenly Sweet 16 Soiree", or whatever it is called, nor about half the other people/shows/adverts mentioned. From reading up on these afterwards (as I do like to learn more about things) I discovered that the film made references to a lot of movies that hadn't even been released, and so the "spoofing" (such that it was) was just the recreation of some of these trailers!

Spoof: a pastiche of a well known film/scene/character type, carefully placing it in the context of your work in such a manner that even if the viewer doesn't understand the context, it does not spoil the story line. The most famous of all spoof films, Airplane!, was a recreation of a 1957 film called Zero Hour!, which I suspect not many people will have seen. Yet we still get the jokes. Heck, I've seen that film dozens of times, and I find something new to laugh at each time. Airplane! is full of show-stopping scenes.

Sadly, so is Disaster Movie. The show stops each time a one-scene character is introduced to do somthing that is supposed to be hilarious, but causes yet another stumble along the shaky plot line. So you switch off from the movie, and start noticing other details on the screen. Anything to take your mind off the drivel being spouted by cheap wannabe film actors who would do better joining forces with the production team and lynching the directors.

I am normally not one to notice continuity errors, as I usually get so wrapped up in films. Not here though - I spotted LOADS. Like running through the museum at night, only to see daylight through the windows. Or the gridlocked street that empties after a cut-away shot to allow a car to drag a poorly-dressed Batman along it. Or the error in allowing these "film-makers" to continue working.

The only thing funny related to the film are the erudite reviews that people have been prompted to write. Go on, read them... far funnier than the rubbish in this film. In fact, I would hope that the directors might read them and get tips on what writing humour is actually about. Or better still, it might prompt them to develop a sense of decency and purchase a bottle of whiskey and a service revolver.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disaster Movie, 8 Jan 2009
This review is from: Disaster Movie [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
i completely agree with the above review, its a disaster, the funniest part about the film is that it is such a low budget crap film. god knows why they made it, i mean its strange to see they didnt realize 5 mins into the film and stop making it

1.0 out of 5 stars Redifines the phrase '' Cringe Worthy'', 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: Disaster Movie [DVD] (DVD)
The writers that come up with this trash should quit there jobs and stop desicrating the film industry with this foul crap excuse for a movie. Even more shocking is the fact that the people that brought you this ''film'' were the same individuals that exposed to the public the highly regarded films, Scary Movie 1, 2 and 3, which are all filled to the brim with halarity in my honest opinion. If you hated this ''movie'', you'll despise ''Epic Movie'', do not even watch it to see how bad it is, trust me. You have been warned.

2.0 out of 5 stars Movie DVD, 29 May 2011
This review is from: Disaster Movie [DVD] (DVD)
Only really wanted to watch this once. It is a real patchwork movie and not very funny. Trying too hard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst film I have seen in a really long time, 21 May 2011
This review is from: Disaster Movie [DVD] (DVD)
I only rated one star because I couldn't give it no stars. It was the worst piece of crap I have ever seen, I initially thought it would be like scary movie (which is funny) but it wasn't and never got good.

I made hardly any sense and crammed everything in just for the sake of it, the un-funny jokes just lasted about 3-5 minutes before it decided to move on and the acting was abysmal.

It was so bad that I wanted to launch it out of the window rather than put it back it my DVD collection so that no-one would ever know that I owned it.

Do not buy under any circumstances!

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I spent good money to rent this piece of dreck, 23 Jan 2009
Beedo Sookcool (Torbay, Devonshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disaster Movie [DVD] (DVD)
Well, now, unlike some of the reviewers here, I actually found enough funny moments in "Date Movie" and "Epic Movie" to warrant my buying them. I thought "Meet the Spartans" was well worth the price of a rental. But I'll agree with the majority of the other reviewers here. "Disaster Movie" is right on the money in its title; it's a complete disaster of a movie.

It's got 0.001 plot (not actually zero plot, but enough to be summed up in a sentence fragment or two). It tries to shoehorn a lot of parodies of the latest films into it, which basically result in brief, pointless cameos of superheroes or singers of a couple of minutes each at most. And if you haven't seen every movie that they try to spoof in "Disaster Movie," you won't get the jokes. I HAVE seen just about every film they spoofed in this stinkburger, and I STILL didn't find the jokes funny. Many of the characters are annoying. Sure, like all the other "Movie" movies, there are some very attractive women with cavernous cleavage in it, but you can get that kind of entertainment just about anywhere these days.

Folks, I laughed ONCE during this film. Okay, not exactly true. I laughed thrice. But it was three times at the same joke (at one specific moment during a scene involving an attack by rabid Chipmunks), which can count as once.

The best thing I can recommend in regards to this film is to wait until it's broadcast on TV for free, then see what the majority of us are talking about in these reviews. You may get a kick out of the film, though, who knows? Still, it's probably best for you to save your money until you've seen it for free. If you like it, then you can buy it (probably at highly reduced cost by then). If you hate it, you may have lost about an hour and a half of your life, but at least you won't have spent any money.

1.0 out of 5 stars BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: Disaster Movie [DVD] (DVD)
I WATCHED THIS ON SKY MOVIES JUST TO CHECK HOW BAD IT WAS.......VERY BAD DONT WASTE YOUR CASH. MAKES SCARY MOVIE LOOK LIKE THE GODFATHER. BAD!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars disaster movie, 22 April 2014

Disaster Movie [DVD]
Disaster Movie [DVD] by Aaron Seltzer (DVD - 2009)