Cathy Palmer's husband is the same type as the husband in "Shirley Valentine" ASIN: 6301627024 and "Enchanted April" ASIN: 6302728657. You know the kind. Not so much atrophied as just preoccupied with their business and own life that wives like Cathy (JoBeth Williams) become an after thought. But as her husband Kevin Palmer (James Staley) says, "The important thing kid is that you are doing something that you like to do" as he nonchalantly brushes her off on his way out the door.
Naturally Cathy's head is full of Rebecca Ryan novels. And after wining a Rebecca Ryan writing contest she adds language skills needed for her trip to Europe.
This is where the story begins and I stop. I would like to describe more however lets say that Cathy mysteriously disappears in Europe and Rebecca Ryan suddenly appears with Dimitri to fulfil her mission to save The Count.
Move over 007 here come Rebecca Ryan and she always gets her person.
Cathy Palmer's husband Kevin Palmer (James Staley) is the same type as the husband in "Shirley Valentine" (1989) and "Enchanted April" (1992). You know the kind. Not so much atrophied as just preoccupied with their business and own life that wives like Cathy (JoBeth Williams) become an after thought. However, as her husband says, "The important thing kid is that you are doing something that you like to do" as he nonchalantly brushes her off on his way out the door.
Naturally, Cathy's head is full of Rebecca Ryan novels and after winning a Rebecca Ryan writing contest she adds language skills needed for her trip to Europe.
This is where the story begins and I stop. I would like to describe more however, let us say that Cathy mysteriously disappears in Europe and Rebecca Ryan suddenly appears with Dimitri to fulfill her mission to save The Count.
Move over 007 here come Rebecca Ryan and she always gets her person.
on 6 November 2010
As a published romance writer, I'm in awe of all the twists and turns in this movie and it is one of the reason it tops the list of my favourite films. I love, love, love this movie and highly recommend it. It's filled with romance, action, adventure and intrigue, and is a charming and witty romp that does more than entertain you. It's a feel-good movie that has you coming back to watch it again and again. High-Society Secret Baby (Silhouette Desire)
on 1 May 2011
I first saw this film many years ago and thoughly enjoyed it. I looked for years for the DVD, when I found and bought the DVD - I was not disappointed as sometimes happens, I enjoyed it all over again.
on 23 October 2015
I can watch this 80's movie over and over again. Rebecca Ryan always gets her man, even when he's a woman 😊