5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate collection, John Rutter
This CD contains an absolute feast of Rutter's music and as I am an addict, I listen to it again and again. The range is wide from nursery rhyme to a thunderous Gloria; the melodies are haunting and the settings of familiar tunes quite exceptionally beautiful. A must for any afficionado of John Rutter.
Published on 24 Feb 2009 by Vcfrank And Tgfrank

1.0 out of 5 stars Universal Classics John Rutter Con-trick
Published on 28 Dec 2008 by Mr. P. N. I. Weston

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate collection, John Rutter, 24 Feb 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fine Collection Of Great Compositions, 15 Nov 2008
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review only gives 4 stars because most of the tracks have already been included on one or two of Rutter's previous CD's. Having said that, this is the Ultimate Collection, so that is to be expected. So if you have most of the previous releases, there's maybe not much point in buying this, except of completeness, however, if you don't have them, I'd definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What sweeter music !, 30 Nov 2011
John Crimp (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
Several reviewers have commented about the re-packaging of this CD. However, if you don't already have this album under another name then it is to be heartily recommended. The Cambridge Singers and City of London Sinfonia produce some lovely sounds in a varied programme, including For the Beauty of the Earth, The Lord bless you and keep you, A Gaelic Blessing, Pie Jesu (from the Requiem) and The Lord is my shepherd. There are also 3 carols included, (which can be a little annoying when they are mixed in with the other tracks.) All in all, a very satisfying CD, representing some of the most popular works from John Rutter's output.

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing and beautiful, 21 July 2009
This CD is brilliant. It lifts you out of yourself and allows you to float amongst the clouds. I am not religious but still very much enjoy John Rutter's interpretation of several hymns and religious works.He gives a new meaning to them with their ethereal sounds. Absolutely beautiful. I have it playing quite loudly and it certainly makes me feel peaceful. Although one or two tracks are not so good, I would certainly recommend this CD to anyone who wants to feel relaxed and at peace.

1.0 out of 5 stars Universal Classics John Rutter Con-trick, 28 Dec 2008
Mr. P. N. I. Weston (Alnwick, UK) - See all my reviews
The Ultimate Collection
This CD is a relabelling of The John Rutter Collection from 2002. The only thing that is different is the label & packaging. All tracks are identical with identical running time, even the order of tracks is the same. Just one big con-trick - it spoilt a small part of my Christmas when my wife opened the package & told me it was the same as the one I had bought way back!
My local Trading Standards will be informed just in case this is in anyway illegal.

5.0 out of 5 stars classical choir music, 16 Feb 2009
David W. Edge (UK) - See all my reviews
The Ultimate Collection is an extremely apt title for this album of John Rutter music. An absolute delight to own and listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Feb 2009
Mrs. Allison Faithfull "Allison" (Portsmouth, Hants) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my parents and they say it is absolutely wonderful. Definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Rutter The Ultimate Collection, 4 Feb 2009
An excellent example of John Rutter's work. A CD to be enjoyed at any time. Very relaxing and Soothing Music.

1.0 out of 5 stars STOP!, 9 Feb 2012
BEWARE! This is identical to "The Very Best of John Rutter". And don't expect your money back when you find out the hard way!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 July 2014
excellent well balanced collection of music

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›