Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

Don't know too much about The Artful Dodger. Just that they were part of a "two-step", "garage" Uk scene. When I first listened to tracks like "Re-rewind", "Outrageous" or "Twentyfourseven" I thought I had found a new, exciting dance genre to stick to and enjoy... I was really disappointed when I listened to other two-steppers. None of them had the imagination and the catchiness present in EVERY Artful Dodger track. Just buy and enjoy this album. It blends r'n'b, dance and pop music in such a unique way!!!!
on 27 December 2000
After listening to this album a couple of times,I have realised that it is really good. It is one of the few Garage albums I have, but certainly the best with a wonderful hint of RnB, which makes the blend just amazing. I had the pleasure of being bought this album as a christmas present by a friend who has good taste in music, and i'm telling you, he didn't let down his taste in music, and I thank him for it. This is a MUST BUY garage album, so go buy it now!! For me the first track, "think about me" is fantastic, also track 5, "twentyfourseven" is good for the blend of RnB and Garage.
on 31 May 2006
I have owned this album for about 4 years now and I love it and can still come back to it just as much as an album like 2001 or the immaculate collection. Garage is a genre I have never really embraced properly, yet this album keeps me constantly engaged. I feel that Craig David was at his peak when this album was made, which helps to remove any veneer of corny earely millenium hype many may feel about Mr CD. From the opening song 'Think about me' to 'Woman Trouble', you cant be but hooked, even if you hate Garage, there is some song or melody that holds your attention...
on 22 January 2006
Artful Dodger is truly what got me into music. When I started listening to these God-given tracks, it led to more garage, which led to house, which led to breakbeat, then Drum & Bass, and adding a few other genres...
Before showing myself this album, my music life was fruitless and empty. I believe it gave me the broad taste that I have, and I'll never EVER forget a single second of a single track of this impossibly amazing album. Buy it, or i'll buy your therapy.
on 23 November 2000
This album is well overdue but that is all forgotten when you start listening to it. The first song ' Think About Me' feels like a mixture of Moby and MJ Cole. I would rate 'I Can't Give It Up' as a must-listen if you have not heard it. 2 step garage never sounded so good!
on 6 January 2001
The Artful Dodger is the group who made 2-step popular. Thank God for them. This album contains all their hits and more. You should know the main tracks so I am going to tell you about the others. My favourite is "What Ya Gonna Do feat. Craig David" It has such a catchy tune, even more so than "Re-rewind" "I Can't Give It Up" has a lot of R&B in it and believe me it rocks. "Twentyfourseven" is also really cool with its relaxing tune. All in all this album rocks and if you are going to buy one album this year this one is a must.
on 5 December 2000
After huge success with their first single releases, including the fantastic 'Rewind' and 'Woman Trouble', the Artful Dodger's debut album promises much more than the usual Garage mixes. The Southampton duo have made every effort to make this album different in some way, and their banging yet subtle tunes are fantastic. You can buy most of these singles on a Garage compilation, but each song stretches the Garage genre to new limits and there's no need to skip any of the songs, which is unusual. A fantastic purchase, well worth the money!
on 21 December 2000
Not only is this album full of skippy beats, it also has some beatiful songs on it, which proves that the Artful crew are actually real musicians, rather than just sample guzzling computer technicians. And a garage track in 3 time, 3 step rocks on!! "Think About Me" featuring the raw vocal talent of Michelle Escofferey is definately the standout track of the album. An ideal present, even if the person you're giving it to says they don't like garage, they'll love this!
on 3 December 2000
I bought this album on impulse the very day it came out because of the strength of the four singles to come off it. I was slightly disappointed that it didn't open with a single, because that always helps to set the tone. The singles are well spaced out and it keeps you listening. Only one pants track is Outrageous because the vocals are computer-esque and don't really work. Overall, a top album and the best since Basement Jaxx - Remedy. I urge you to buy this...!
on 5 January 2005
one of the best albums ever,one of the few albums that has so many good songs, a must for the uk garrage revival