on 15 December 2011
the bowls are so versatile and robust, strong and good quality - also they are clever with design for easy pouring into a blender too...eg for liquids use the smallest one for eggs and the biggest one for flour or sugar where you need to pour very slowly into a blender in making cakes etc...plus their rubber round feet prevents slipping on the surface...
i already own a cream set and thats why i have also bought a red set for my girl friend for xmas so i cant argue with her which belongs to which !!! :-)
on 14 October 2010
I've been using these bowls for 6 months or so and now find them to be a valuable addition. They are undoubtedly stylish and possibly too pretty to store in a cupboard but very practical. The larger bowl has a huge capacity, great as a fruit or mixing bowl, they are designed to be handled as well as admired with the melamine finish making them quite durable, I've managed to drop mine and it was unscathed. The design makes them great for mixing and pouring they are sturdy and resistant to heavy handling. They're also perfect for serving hot and cold dishes, in fact any type of food preparation can be handled in these pretty looking bowls. I would say this is a thoughtful design in turning what is usually a functional but otherwise dull item into something fit for purpose, durable, multi functional but also pleasing on the eye and great to use. One of Nigella's better pieces in the range, I have a few of her items, some are purely aesthetic and don't do the job they're primarily designed for, these work. I managed to find a set at an unbelievable price at a discount store then decided to buy another set on Amazon so that I can pair the bowls when used for serving. They're great for bbq's you wont get precious about having them outside as they are so durable but don't look like some of the cheap plastic stuff you might be tempted to use. Can't fault them 5 out of 5 Nigella.
on 11 October 2014
Expensive but worth it! Bought this for my daughter's bottom drawer based on other customer reviews as my daughter wants everything black to match a single colour theme. I bought these as every kitchen needs good mixing bowls. The non-slip base makes them very practical, as does the stackable egg shape for easy cupboard storage as it will sit well in a corner and also be good for pouring any liquids or batters into pans, etc. The melamine is such a good quality jet black product that it would also look great on the table if used for salads, or dips, etc so multifunctional too!!. Another review highlighted this benefit, which prompted me to buy the matching serving hands (salad forks). I'm so glad I did as they will be perfect for future entertaining.
Another bonus if you are buying this as a gift is the quality packaging as the bowls come boxed in a really nice presentation box with Nigella's branding on it that makes it look a very stylish and expensive gift. Would definitely recommend this.
on 19 May 2011
use these all the time for all things kitchen -stylish and more importantly not heavy -but still substantial, you won't regret this purchase, and if there's no room in your cupboard they look great out.................
on 8 August 2011
Such a wonderful shape, ideal for mixing, and easy to pour from. I use them as salad or fruit bowls and the little one can be used for nuts, sweets or even marmalade. Far more than just mixing bowls. In constant use, and so far, the electric whisk has not marked them. A really good buy.
on 19 July 2011
I bought these bowls and the measuring jug,and they are both so easy to use and really beautiful to look at. They are easy to store as the point fits into the corner of a kitchen cupboard, so they are space saving too.
on 24 August 2014
I had been eyeing these gorgeous bowls by Nigella (I'm a fan) for a while but couldn't quite justify paying so much for a set of kitchen bowls. However, recently I could resist no longer and went ahead and purchased them! I'm so glad I did: I love them! The set is as functional as it is gorgeous! I wasn't expecting the melamine to be as heavy and thick but this only adds to the very durable and quality feel of this product. I have already used it for baking twice this week and felt like a domestic goddess! Love love love these bowls!
on 11 May 2014
didn't know i needed these, until i got them!! was looking for a sturdy nest of bowls for everyday use and when i saw these were reduced thought i'd give them a go. i love them! they wash well in the dishwasher, don't show scratch marks, even after using a metal whisk, and the fact that they are egg shaped makes them very easy to hold and pour from. the smaller size is also perfect for serving nuts/olives/sauces as they look perfectly acceptable on a dinner table too!
on 29 March 2016
I purchased these years ago and they continue to be an essential part of my kitchen. They are excellent, hard wearing and multi-functional. I use them for baking, mixing, salads, serving platters. They are very easy to wash and they still look brand new after years of constant use. An excellent product.
on 27 January 2011
I've bought these bowls because they have beautiful look. After few weeks of cooking with them I can honestly say that these are the best kitchen bowls I have ever used. Durable, easy to use, in just right sizes and good looking of course. What I need more is another set, I'll buy black ones.

See one answered question