5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Buble!
Published on 15 Jan 2006 by minnie mouse

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this for the DVD!
Published on 7 Jan 2010 by Sparkz Dad

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Buble!, 15 Jan 2006
This review is from: Come Fly With Me (Audio CD)
This first DVD is brilliant! It gave me the urge to go see him in concert and I must say he is wonderful live. I love Sinatra style stuff but whatever Michael does he makes his own. You get snips of his personality in there and the band who are also great musicians. He is very humble and thanks Michael Parkinson who introduced Michael to the world on TV and boy am I glad he did he is like a breath of fresh air. I love the songs he sings and his amazing voice The way you look tonight was just one song that managed to move me! and a favourite of mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say but - FANTASTIC!, 21 April 2005
This review is from: Come Fly With Me (Audio CD)
Have just reviewed Michaels other albums, 'Michael Buble' and his new album 'It's Time' and I will say the same about this fantastic package - brilliant! Not only do you have a CD covering some real classics but also a DVD of a performance filmed a couple of years ago just as Michaels career was taking off worldwide. Not only does it give you him performing these ace songs but also some footage of him talking about his 'rise to fame' and thoughts about his life and career etc. All in all again all I can say is its a MUST for all you Michael Buble fans - or swing and jazz fans! I wouldn't be without my copies - helps me chill out when I get stressed!!!!! BRILL BRILL BRILL!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this for the DVD!, 7 Jan 2010
I bought this DVD for my partner as she loves Michael (as do I), BUT, the concert that we so looked forward to was so bad we could hardly watch. If it wasn't that there was a CD included, I would have sent it back. The first track had the picture move from one camera position to another, move from black and white, to colour and back to black and white again. Singing the song at one venue, spliced to him singing the same song somewhere else on tour, honestly it really is so frustrating.

It's my partners birthday on the 17th Jan and having read the reviews, the blu ray of his concert seems like the one to buy (as long as you own a blu ray player or PS3). This is what we expected when I purchased the Come Fly With Me DVD, but it isn't.

Save your money and get the blu ray. Thankfully, the CD has a nice selection although you need to like swing.

For his voice, 5 stars of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars isn't enough, 13 May 2004
i have listened to both of his cds now i let me tell you he is on top form with this album. it's a pity he doesn't release a single because any one of these tracks would be great and if i had my way it would be number one.
i seem to be the only one in my generation who enjoys this kind of music. it's a pity as well because talent like this should be appreciated. i recommend you buy this just to hear his soothing voice through your hi fi.
my favourite trck is ... well all of them. i can't possibly choose one.
if you don't want to go on the words of a stranger who could be talking nonsense then go on the words of micheal parkinson who also is a big fan of his aswell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael' a winner !, 9 May 2004
I am lucky enough to have this album in advance of the uk release thanks to shopping at Amazon.com. My version contains more tracks than the uk release. The material on the cd otherwise has been released before as studio recordings. These are live tracks however, and makes me look forward to seeing the man himself live in Glasgow this coming November. A real test of an artist is one who can sing live. Not only are we treated to Michaels' superb vocal, you get the big sound of the band behind him too. A real treat and a must for any jazz fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am completely hooked!, 12 May 2004
By A Customer
A fantastically brilliant album. I am completely hooked and just love the way he sings, with Moondance and Kissing a Fool being my favourites.
The DVD is a bonus and not only do you get to see Michael singing you get a little insight into his world and meet his band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 15 Jan 2006
This review is from: Come Fly With Me (Audio CD)
Michael Buble first DVD made me want to go see him live! His voice is amazing his personality fab! He is very humble and thanked Michael Parkinson for showing him to the world on TV I for one am so pleased he did! I love sinatra style songs and anything Michael does he seems to make his own. Buy it and see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding but dodgy looking!, 9 April 2004
Mr. Jeremy C. Guest "jeremyguest" (St Annes UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Fly With Me (Audio CD)
I bought this set as soon as it came because I think Michael Buble is an excellent singer. What you get is a DVD of a concert plus 3 additional bonus tracks from a web broadcast. You also get an audio CD of the concert.
The audio CD is excellent and whilst I cannot fault Michael's performance at all or his band the presentation of the DVD is the biggest disappointment for me. I find it difficult to watch because instead of a few stationery cameras focusing on Michael and the band etc, the picture jumps from one angle to another too much in a very haphazard manner. The use of colour and black and white mixed together is also very off putting for me. This aspect is the only thing preventing me from giving this package 5 stars.
The performance by Michael and his band is nothing short of outstanding. His love of the music he sings shows clearly and it is obvious that his band feels the same way when they are playing. Michael is doing a great job of introducing this music to a new younger generation (like Tony Bennett did it the late 80s and early 90s).
As well as singing classic oldies like My funny valentine he also does some great interpretations of more contempary songs like Van Morrison's Moondance.
In short this is an excellent DVD/CD set let down slightly by the strange presentation of the DVD.
His second album is due out soon and should be worth looking out for!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 May 2004
Mrs. E. Preval "mpreval" (Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
This c.d. as well as Michael's new d.v.d. has brought me hours upon hours of enjoyment. He is the best voice to come out in 20 years, a true crooner, with a voice that will give his audience goosebumps on goosebumps. This boy never hits anything but perfect notes, with perfect pitch. Not anyone with an ear for music, a beautiful voice, and wonderful songs will give this c.d. anything but the perfect score it deserves. I recommend this disc to anyone from the ages of 5 to 95. Just a incredible adventure to be enjoyed by all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and simple!, 8 Jun 2004
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The star rating is for the music. Michael sings many popular songs and must face the possibility of being compared to the people that made tem popular. Many people in that position do funny things with the music, thinking that they have to make it unique; Michael does not have to do this (with little exception). He is just being his self and it is great just the way he is.
On the other hand this package also contains a DVD which can make great jewelry or maybe hung from a tree to scare birds. It is like one big sound bite; there is no constancy or course to his rattling. On the technical side the soundtrack is out of sing with the video. The video itself looks like the Blair Witch Project; it can not hold steady or focus.

Come Fly With Me