5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Selection of SEAL's work
Great album. I have enjoyed SEAL's music since the early 90's but anybody looking for an introduction to his work has found the perfect compilation. As a fan of SEAL I was disappointed that this collection did not include 'Newborn Friend' from his SEAL II album but all the other main ones are here really....
Interestingly I play the bonus acoustic collection cd more...
Published on 21 Feb 2005 by Joanne Nickerson

3.0 out of 5 stars Diverse
An interesting greatest hits work. The album spans from the early tracks such as 'Killer' to his less commercial recent work. The album opens with the hit 'Crazy', a downbeat dance track with its familiar beat and Seals empowering vocals. It is not until you hear the distinct sound of his frosty voice that you remember just how good a singer he is. He flows gracefully...
Published on 25 Jan 2005 by brad_stone

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out, 10 Jan 2006
OK, the first thing you need to know about this CD is that the recordings are NOT the originals. To take nothing away from the songs or the artist, there is nothing worse when buying a greatest hits/songs cd than finding out they are not original recordings. You lose all sense of time and perspective of the artist when all the songs are re-recorded at pretty much the same time in the same tempo and same style. The CD clearly states original versions of the hits but I already have most of the original Albums and these recordings are not originals.
I am a big admirer of Seal and I like all his work but I feel seriously ripped off and I am going to return this cd. If Seal wants to re-record all his work like this then fine but, call it something like re-hashed versions of my old songs and not The Best of Seal (Original Recordings)!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of Seal, 6 Nov 2013
Torben Madsen (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
It does what it says on the tin: Having never really explored Seal's works, since it's generally not my genre, I think this album works just fine as a showcase of Seal's greatest hits.

'Crazy', 'Kiss From a Rose', 'Killer', 'Prayer for the Dying' and 'Future Love Paradise' are my favourites among the many well-known tracks, and the collection as a whole does a good job of showing off Seal's rather diverse talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, 15 Sep 2013
Wondrous acoustic experience, Seal is just perfect for relaxing after a hard day working. A totally perfect album for those loose yourself moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Best 1991 - 2004 (2-CD Set) (MP3 Download)
I had this as a single album a few years back and then left it at work...downloaded this time and have to say this is worth every penny excellent tracks, some mellow and some really pop greats. If you like odd seal tracks this is a great album for the price to hear stuff you might have missed

5.0 out of 5 stars great music, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Best 1991 - 2004 (2-CD Set) (MP3 Download)
Just loved it what a great artist Seal is. The acoustic versions on this album made it even better for me and shows how much talent Seal has. Buy it now you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 23 Jan 2013
R. Gillett (UK) - See all my reviews
Seal is absolutely amazing but the acoustic disc is very special in it's own right. You've got to hear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Nineties Soul...., 31 Mar 2012
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My CD is the single 14 track original and one that I have played many, many times and still remains a favourite.

SEAL's soulful, husky vocals, great songs and brilliant arrangements make for a very strong compilation. Great for driving along to, on the ipod aboard a train or for just plain listening to.

'Crazy' and 'Killer' were some of the biggest hits in the charts at the time, very catchy - and cool. 'Kiss From a Rose' was more ballady and 'My Visions' had him teamed up with Jakarta for a super-sleek piece of electro-pop. The rest aren't all hits, of course but there's not a bad one amongst them. The final two 'Human Beings' and 'Future Love Paradise' are fine, anthemic power numbers, which I like very much also.

Though some of this music is now twenty years old, for me and I'm sure for many it still sounds fresh and vibrant and really quite brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Divine, 4 Jan 2012
Seal has to be the best soul singer and producer I have ever had the pleasure of listening to! Amazing!

His music develops right from the tips of his toes swaying its way into the air around him, its inspiritional!
I brought this as a xmas present for my Mum and she adores the ablum, literally she just relaxes and zones out while cooking in the kitchen! (I love her! ;) xx)
Every song suits the mood, granted this isn't all his own lyrics: he is covering on some of the tracks but all the same, music is meant to be shared - and Seal shares this experience with us all!
Beautiful, I suggest you listen to each track on either youtube or itunes :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seal, 28 Oct 2011
Brilliant! I like all the songs especially Killer,and Crazy but thier all very good! But Don't cry is the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best....., 28 Nov 2010
This has to be in my all time top 10 albums. Absolutely fantastic, poignant lyrics and memorable tunes. awesome and amazing!!