5.0 out of 5 stars Gothic Monster!, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Coolermaster ATCS 840 Full Tower Chassis (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
The moment I saw this cabinet on this site, I knew that this would be the one I wanted to buy. Classic looks, no funky or jazzy stuff, serious business - plenty of space, three huge 230mm fans, sliding motherboard tray, option for installing two seperate power supplies and loads of other features made this cabinet my instant favourite. The construction and finish are excellent with perfect fit side panels. Not all the assembly is screwless though. The sidepanels still need to be secured with screws. It's very thoughtful of Coolermaster to include all the screws that you'll ever need to fit all the components in the whole package, something that other cabinet makers should take note of. An extra useful feature about this cabinet is, that you can fix a special compartment at its back, where you can fit a fan to expel the hot air generated by graphics cards and/or other PCI expansion cards. Very useful! The drive bays are screwless, which means increased usability and quick removal/installation. Ample space means it has support for huge aftermarket CPU coolers. It even has liquid cooling support.

The only minor nuisance is that the front panel USB and Audio connector-pin sockets are loose and they cannot fit the pins on my motherboard. I have to leave them be for now.

I am a workstation user and I needed a big cabinet with lots of space for custom coolers and monstrous professional graphics cards. While searching for full tower cabinet, I stumbled upon this one and based on the specifications this one fit the requirement perfectly. When the package was delivered at my home, I spent fifteen minutes just staring at the box in awe. The sheer size just blew me away! After eagerly opening it I could fit all the components inside easily, thanks to an informative manual. If only they could include more steps and descriptions of the images for the home user. I have been assembling computers since I was a kid and I had no problem with it, but it would be a tad difficult for the average or casual home user with no knowledge about assembling a computer.

But it's no wonder that people at Coolermaster are the best at what they do. I have also bought a PSU and a few 120 mm fans belonging to the Coolermaster brand, and I am completely satisfied with the performance. After this purchase, I am even considering to buy one of their CPU coolers and another power supply!

If you want a big cabinet with elegant, classic looks, solid construction and lots of features, the Coolermaster ATCS 840 Full Tower Chassis should be your first choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Full Tower PC Case Thats has GOT IT ALL.!!, 29 Jan 2011
David Glasgow "Wego" (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Fabulous, Full Tower PC Case That's has GOT IT ALL.!! -: Masses of room, to get stuck in, and enjoy your build.

I Was upgrading my PC to the NEW intel SandyBridge Architecture & Platform LGA1155 so decided on a Water Cooling Loop with 240mm Rad. (Again, Loads of Space inside.)

This case suited all my needs, there is nothing that comes near or even close, at this price point, the next best would be the Corsair 800D at well over two hundred Quid.

I was able to buy a Window for the side on [...] for twenty something Quid. (which was a nice finishing touch).

The inside is completely tool FREE, and has dust filtration everywhere the fans pull fresh air into the case, which is essential, and the dust filters are washable.

Loads of room for modification and the best bit is the re-moveable Motherboard tray.!! Which is a great help...

Comes with plenty of superb low noise fans, made by cooler master, and if you decide to buy you will not be disappointed I can assure you.

Thanks for reading...

PS. Has a beautiful satin black finish, Mostly made from Aluminium, the pictures really do not do the case any justice just take a leap of faith and buy.!
If you want to learn any-more about this before you shell out, go to youtube (dot) com, and type in "Coolermaster ATCS 840 case" in the search bar, watch plenty of videos.
Hope I have been of help, cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A full tower ATX case ..solid and spacious, 3 April 2013
This case is a pretty big beast.. and is not ideal as a desktop solution for ATX general use. As a rough guide it's Two Feet deep , Two Feet High and about 9 inches wide. However , having said that , all other considerations draw superlatives. It is a quality product made almost entirely of aluminium and makes assembling a full ATX rig a piece of cake.

Particularly noteworthy is the detachable motherboard support frame which sits on a row of ball bearings and can be slid in and out of the main chassis as required. This allows the motherboard to be fully positioned on the frame and screwed down on the stand-offs according to the included template . You can go so far as a complete build of the motherboard sub frame including CPU and an aftermarket cooler , full bank of 4 RAM modules , Graphics cards and CPU cooler fans. This can then be tested on the tabletop prior to sliding it into the main carcase.

CAUTION.. ensure if you are fitting an aftermarket CPU cooler that the back plate is positioned PRIOR to the motherboard being set down upon the stand-offs . The cut out on the removable motherboard frame DOES NOT allow accesss to the nuts which will be fitted to some Z77 motherboards.

Should you then wish , the one OR two PSU's can be installed into the main case along with as many as SIX upper mounted optical drives and SIX lower side mounted HDD or SSD drives. These are all spring loaded clip fit bays which makes light work of this important section of the build.

The case comes complete with two top mounted 230mm extractor cooling fans , one front mounted suction 230 mm cooling fan and one rear 120 mm extractor cooling fan all wired three pin and ready to connect to the power suppy.

There is also space for another 120 mm cooling fan ( not supplied ) on the bottom of the case and a separate plastic box which will enable the fitting of yet another external extraction fan on the rear of the case ( fan not supplied )

One really nice feature is the inclusion of pull out fan filters on the front and bottom fans to protect against build up of internal dust.

There is a top spring loaded , pop up , I/O port giving connections for 4 USB , Firewire , eSATA , Microphone ( audio in minijack ) and headphones ( audio out minijack ) all of which are fully wired up and awaiting connection to the motherboard where appropriate.
Alongside this top panel is the on/off .. reset .. buttons and the power / HDD lights.

The rear of the case has 7 expansion slots for I/O connections

I purchased this case to build a future proof system based around the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard , i7 Intel 3770K CPU , Gigabyte HD 7950 graphics and various Optical / HDD and SSD units. The CPU has an aftermarket Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo with two fans and 16GB RAM.

In daily operation the fans are so quiet that it is sometimes hard to decide if they are in fact working. The clue is to be found in the Asus on board Fan Expert software which monitors the speed of each individual fan. There is so much space within the case and the air flow is not unduely hindered. CPU and board temperature rarely goes beyond 32 degrees

All told I am very happy with this purchase and would certainly recommend the case to an enthusiastic builder who can cope with such a largeunit

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best computer case that I have tried, so far. V1.01, 25 May 2011
I get the impression that there is no such thing as a perfect computer case, but for me this has the basics and the aluminium construction allows easier scope for modifying things as needed.

Until a year ago I used to purchase fairly low cost second hand machines and with these I mostly needed to change the case to allow expansion and capacity for cooling the drives. Most of these did not have enough elbow room so I have now settled on Cooler Master cases. I understand that there are some other manufacturers' cases that are nice in this way, too.

The ATCS case is way more expensive than any of the complete machines that I purchased then and is likely to be more suited for starting a new system with a new main board.

Second hand modern computers that I have tried by the big manufacturers seem to call for the front panel IO connectors to be moved to the new case.

With A Dell Optiplex GX 270 I found that the front panel IO could be made to fit into a full tower Cooler Master HAF by way of the GX270 intermediate panel and the HAF switch leads. ATCS might go okay too but this was not an atx or eatx board, it was difficult to fit in the HAF. The MPU cooler would need to be changed as well. I found the full tower HAF to be almost as roomy as the ATCS, also a lot cheaper, just not as perfect a fit for what I usually need from a case.

With a HP dc7600 I found that the ATCS was too big for the front panel leads to fit, but that the smaller CM690 II Advanced was okay. The size of the 690 meant that I needed to put in the hard drive in the way that Cooler Master made the case for, connector access on the far side to the Mobo connections, but with my dc7600 I just need one drive, anyway. Not a big problem. With the HAF I can arrange things to allow access to the drive connections from the Mobo side and with the ATCS that is easier still.

5.0 out of 5 stars great case - lots of room for expansion!, 16 April 2010
a big case, well made, nice brushed andoised finish, lots of space, mostly tool free assembly (apart from mounting the motherboard, of course). And the tool free bit worked well (unblike some others I have used) .

ventilation is quiet

just does what I wanted it to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 Jan 2010
This is excellent a must have for self build it give you options for pcu placement lots of fans or watercooling slide out motherboard tray get it you wont be disapointed