5.0 out of 5 stars Down to Earth - out on DVD at last !
Finally, after a long wait, around 13 years, Down to Earth has reached the DVD market. One of the BBC's quality "family" films tells the story of Faith (Pauline Quirke) and Brian Addis's (Warren Clarke) move to the country, from London and the escape of the "city life". Filmed in Devon, it portrays their struggle to become "self-sufficient", and how "country living" is...
Published on 4 Sept. 2009 by Stevie

3.0 out of 5 stars Later is better
I remember this series with affection but have to say it got a whole lots better in the later series.
Published 12 months ago by didds

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy then sad, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Having enjoyed watching Series 1 of Down to Earth and looking forward to buying a holiday home in Devon inspired by this series. I rushed to purchase Series 2 and 3 only to find to my sadness they are not released yet.
Please Dear BBC for the New year could these series become available.

5.0 out of 5 stars About time the BBC delivered this one to us, 13 May 2009
FussyMissus (Uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Superb series, I write this before the dvd has reached my hands, but I remember the stories well enough to comment. It's about time the BBC brought this series to DVD, the first three seasons being the best, the remainder being somewhat dull and not worht the bother.
This season focuses on Faith and her family who move to rural devon from busy london, and the trials they face as country dwellers. The second season (which I hope they release) follows on, and the third season sees the family bow out in favour of some relative who comes to stay at their old place. After that it becomes the Ricky Tomlinson/Denise Welch show, and is really not woth bothering about, but up to this point we have the engaging tales of characters we come to care about.
Very loosely based on the Faith Addis books of the same name, it's a formula that actually works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Family in the raw, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I just bought the first series and loved the story but found there was too much shouting and angst so that it was hard to stay with it. I will still buy the second series because it is bound to even off-great acting, good script.

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to Earth - Best BBC Show i have seen, 2 Jun. 2009
Ms. J. A. Davison "Julia Davison" (Billericay, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I loved this show when i was at school, used to watch it all the time, it when faith and her husband brian move out of london with their three children sarah, marcus and Mollie to start an new life as farmers as it has always been an ambition of brians, so faith uprootes her children and take them out of school aside from marcus who is looking for an job. Great cast, i have contaced acorn media about the release of series 2 and 3, they told me they will release further series of down to earth but do not know when that will be, i hope it is soon as i really want series 2 and 3 this year if possible.
Best Show BBC has done in 1996, i loved it when it was shown on Tv

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to Earth - Series One - on DVD., 5 Sept. 2009
J. Robinson (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I was really glad to get this the other day on DVD. I remember enjoying the series years ago on TV. The synopsis tells you the story, to escape the City and move to the countryside. An enjoyable family series and one that I recommend for easy viewing and relaxation. I can't wait for the other series to come out on DVD soon...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to Earth - Series 1, 29 Mar. 2010
J. French "professer doff" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
This series is truly what I call a good night-in drama about a family with life crisis to do with jobs and relationships, they move to the country to fulfill the husbands dream by, buying a run down farm, but that's were their troubles start......pauline quirk and warren clarke brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to Earth, 3 Nov. 2009
Mrs. Kim M. Wright (Lincoln UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
At long last. I used to watch this when it fist came to the BBC. I remember Sky+'ing it when it was shown on UK Gold. I cannot wait for the next series to come out. Please please hurry up and put it on DVD, as I will definately be purchasing it. One of the BBC's best productions.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great family show, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this and echo others requests to bring out rest of the series asap. This programme shows how to use good actors, you really can't go wrong with Warren & Pauline and the younger actors were great too. I will have to read the books now!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family viewing, 4 Jun. 2010
Carol Ann Robinson (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Watched the original series on TV, thought the children would enjoy it as it is a bit like our move to France for an alternative life style. Everyone loved it and we are all hoping that the next series gets put on DVD. We would definately buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought back memories, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I loved this series when it was on TV, the DVD arrived the day after i ordered it and i sat and watched the whole series, i really hope that the other series are released on DVD soon as i would really like to buy them

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000]
Down To Earth - Series 1 [DVD] [2000] by Pauline Quirke (DVD - 2009)